Extra Easy So sonfused - first time doing EE!

Care Bear xxx

on a slimming mission!
Hi lovely people!

I was wondering if you can help me - I wish I didnt google things, as now im even more confused.

My understanding of EE is the whole 1/3 superfree thing - i get that, but then i thought you could snack on Free foods in between, but some people are saying you can only snack on Speed foods?

So im totally confused.

Ive seen people saying you cant have a muller light as a snack, and that its 100 cals, but whats the difference to having a muller as a snack, or having 2 chicken breasts instead of 1 for dinner? if calories is the thing theyre concerned about! Im totally confused and now not sure what I can and cant eat anymore!

Any help would be totally appreciated!

xx

Last edited:
Hi there! I understand your confusion.

With EE, the suggestion is that if you want to snack, the best thing to do is reach for speed foods first. However, it's absolutely fine to snack on free foods, such as Muller Light, chicken or whatever else you fancy if that's what you want. You don't have to syn these things, regardless of whether you have them as a snack or as part of your meal. Free is free, whenever you eat it :)

I think the confusion might lay in the SP days. These are part of the EE plan but on SP days you can only eat foods that are classed as speed foods (S) or protein foods (P) and half of your plate should be S foods on these days (whereas the suggestion is one third on EE days). You also have your healthy extras and syns on these days as normal. Therefore, on an SP day, you shouldn't snack on normal free foods (such as Muller Lights, grapes, pineapple, pasta, potatoes or anything else that doesn't have an S or a P next to it in the book). The purpose of the SP days is to give your weight loss a boost. However, they're absolutely not a mandatory part of the EE plan and you can follow the plan without doing a single SP day if you want to. Just to clarify, you can snack on synned foods on SP days but you can't syn something that's usually free on EE so those are the things you shouldn't eat. If you want to snack on Muller Lights, just stick to the EE plan.

It is a bit confusing but there is a good thread about SP days and the EE plan on here so take a look if you think it'd help :)

Hi there! I understand your confusion.

With EE, the suggestion is that if you want to snack, the best thing to do is reach for speed foods first. However, it's absolutely fine to snack on free foods, such as Muller Light, chicken or whatever else you fancy if that's what you want. You don't have to syn these things, regardless of whether you have them as a snack or as part of your meal. Free is free, whenever you eat it :)

I think the confusion might lay in the SP days. These are part of the EE plan but on SP days you can only eat foods that are classed as speed foods (S) or protein foods (P) and half of your plate should be S foods on these days (whereas the suggestion is one third on EE days). You also have your healthy extras and syns on these days as normal. Therefore, on an SP day, you shouldn't snack on normal free foods (such as Muller Lights, grapes, pineapple, pasta, potatoes or anything else that doesn't have an S or a P next to it in the book). The purpose of the SP days is to give your weight loss a boost. However, they're absolutely not a mandatory part of the EE plan and you can follow the plan without doing a single SP day if you want to. Just to clarify, you can snack on synned foods on SP days but you can't syn something that's usually free on EE so those are the things you shouldn't eat. If you want to snack on Muller Lights, just stick to the EE plan.

It is a bit confusing but there is a good thread about SP days and the EE plan on here so take a look if you think it'd help :)

Thank you lovely, thats really helpful! I was so confused when people were saying you cant have "free" foods as a snack! I did SW before but it was back in the green and red days!
Thanks again - feel much better now!
xxx

Hi,

my understanding is that you can eat unlimited free foods, so have them as snacks :) I've been doing it for a month and doing well.

I don't believe SW is about counting calories at all.

best of luck.

Thanks Jenny - thats what i thought too! I was SO confused when people started saying i was doing it wrong because I had a muller light without having it with a meal or speed foods!

Good luck with the plan!
xx

Back