the shakes...not as nice as they used to be??

having been sucsessful at losing 30 pounds last year, and just getting a bit distracted by christmas, ive tried and failed a few times this year to get back into the swing of it. half the time its because ive not been in the right frame of mind, and the other half is because ive literally gagged everytime ive drunk the shakes.
now, i remember they werent exactly supurb before, but u had favourites and was happy to drink them. now i drink them and gag and can throw back up a little (yeah, gross i know) its got so bad ive had to drink them over the sink with my eyes closed and just concentrating on losing pounds!

so i was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem? because sometimes i cant finish the whole glass and am worried il become ill from lack of cals.

Hi missluvian,

At the start you are more aware of all the vitamins and minerals that are in the shakes, normally your taste buds do adjust over time.

Instead of wasting some of your shakes it probably would be better to half your packs and instead of having three CD meals a day have six mini meals spread throughout the day. This would make it easier and you should have less waste.

Just remember you need to make each half up fresh and consume within 15 minutes as some of the vitamins are water-soluble.

Love Mini xxx

Ive only been having the shakes since May this year so dont know about before

I LOVE the choc mint ..only ...and cannot stomach any other flavours or soups or porridges i just find them filthy lolol :D

Everyone has different tastes here as you'll see from replies after this one

Love me choc mint and tastes wickedly good with skimmed milk :D

Hey,
i have to agree with mrs essex, i hate all the shakes apart from choc mint, its the only one i can drink properly (without all the gagging!) and i can handle the tetra bricks too. (not the choc one) and vanilla with berry flavouring- try that. but other than that, i find them horrid.
The only other things i can say is that i drink them with a straw- they go down quicker and i dont find the shake sticks to my tounge ect- massivley phycological im thinking lol! but try it! xxx

I too can only stomach the choc mint. If I have it cold, I make it up to a pint so it's a bit thinner and less tinny tasting. Mainly though, I have it hot in a huge mug.

Can't stomach the others and am rapidly going off choc mint too!!

my tastes change all the time, currently i only have the choc mint shake made with 450mls of water or made into a mousse

the others i have when i have the notion are the chick & mush soip, banana shake, strawberry or banana tetra and the occasional malt toffee bar but its been a while since i had anything other than choc mint

when i did CD a couple of years ago choc mint was my fave and i just used to tolerate the other flavours, just so it was something different, just getting ready to start again on monday and got porridge (hope i like them) a couple of strawberry and forest fruit shakes but mainly choc mint, love them hot before i go to bed, hope they are the same as i remember ;)

I love the toffee and walnut, vanilla ,butterscotch and banana shakes mmm. I use a blender, wouldn't like to try them just hand whisked.

i go throught phases of loving them and having the occasional gagging moment, i blame that a bit on ketosis as is makes thinks taste different i have found. When i first started i liked choc and choc mint, but I also tolerated chilli soup and apple and cinnamon porridge but now i really struggle with those two. I blend the shakes with ice and always, always drink with a straw and straightaway ( as i know is advised) I find if i leave them it all they do not taste or smell good at all!

thanks for tthe advice all! i drank through a straw today and it helped massively!

chocolate mints were my absolute face. one week i think that was the only flavour i ordered. but ive gone right off them now.

i just close my eyes and drink it quick!its so worth it when you get weighed though

Back