The Slim Fast 2 week challenge - 100% Honesty

I've had a better day today than I did over the weekend, I was 100% this weekend but it was a struggle! Didn't help as I've been SO tired, especially yesterday I could've quite easily had a long nap during the day lol! But I got through it 100%, right up to my limit tho lol!

But been doing better today. Been swimming and did half an hour on the rowing machine!! I'm turning into a fitness fanatic, pmsl! That is SO not me lol!

But I think tomorrow may be hard. Have to take my eldest son to the hospital to have grommets put in his ears. We have to be there for 8am, so will be leaving home about 6.45 to take the other two to nanny's. So unless I have my shake majorly early I don't know what I'm going to do for breakfast??? Also will probably still be at the hospital until at least 1pm, so don't know if I'll be on plan and 100% tomorrow! For a hospital there aren't exactly healthy options in the restaurant there!! May have my shake before we go and take a couple of snacks to see me through! At least the shop there sells healthy snacks, inc fruit. Hmmm, we'll see how it goes!

Yey - another 100% day for me (as long as I don't eat anything else tonight!):D

I had a chocolate shake for breakfast (my H had one too cos he's trying to lose weight now). Had a nectarine as a snack, and was starving by lunch time but just had a smoothie and it filled me up - amazingly!

Then I had a choc caramel bar as an afternoon snack and an apple on the train home, then just ate a mushroom omelette, jacket potato and salad!

That's 5 out of 6 days I've managed to stick to it and Sat was a day off so doesn't count.

Hope you girls are doing good??

Had a good day today...

Shake
Banana
SF Bar
SF snack
Chicken stirfry and low fat pudding

Have had quite a few coffees today though which has seriously added onto my calorie intake!!

Having said that, I'm going to do a load of wii fit in a mo so I can still have my bedtime snack and mug of tea. I think I may go nuts if I don't get it!!

xxxx

Last edited:
Well done Stirky and Tink on staying 100%

I have not done so well today....after hardly sleeping or eating anything yesterday, the servings came on paper plates and I only ate half of each!!!! I feel shattered so have pigged out a bit today...well I did think I would, so I have allowed myself 1600cals today, which I have stuck to... so I am going to call it 100% (hope nobody minds:))

I will be back on exactly to plan tomorrow when the kids are 'finally' back to school!!! This also means I will be back to walking 50mins a day (school run) on top of any other exercise I do, so hopefully that will help me shift some weight next week:D

Mel x

Good luck tomorrow Mel, no we don't mind the 1600, think you did great being as you had such a hectic weekend (still jealous :grumble:!). Well done on the :tshirt: too!!

Tink and Holly you're doing great! I'm on another 100% day, although I feel like I've eaten too much today as just over 1280 cals (can't remember exact number off hand, pad is in the kitchen!), was right up to the limit over Sat and Sun, so maybe I need a couple of days of eating a little less and I'll feel better lol! Weird how our brains work :confused: !!! I feel a bit guilty that I've eaten too much, although have been right on track and 100%! Hmmmm....

Anyway off to bed now, busy day tomorrow and we'll see how it goes!

Night girlies :zz::nightf:

Well done Holly, hope you got your wii fit done, and had your cuppa and snack:)

Thanks Stirky:D I know what you mean about the eating too much! I have felt like this sometimes...I think it is because I am choosing very low cal snacks etc...I can eat so much more of it, but it's hard to get my head round that sometimes.

I have a question too....do you think I would still lose weight if on some days I had a shake for lunch but then ate a normal meal for lunch (calorie counted) and then carried on the day as usual:) I won't be doing this yet, but something I am considering in a week or two, to keep myself on track and ix things up a bit...

Mel x

Hi Mel,

Yes don't think it'd make any difference if it was calorie counted and not over our limit. In fact I didn't have a shake for lunch today, I had three crispbakes with a slice of chicken, which was just over 140 cals so less than the shake anyway! I just needed food when I got in as had gone 1pm and had been at the hospital since 7.30am where I'd resisted ALL temptation and just had a packet of low cal crisps and a diet coke (to try and wake me up a bit! Why is waiting around doing nothing so tiring!!!). Then on the way home hubby stopped at KFC to get my little boy something to eat, who deserved a treat and was starving by then lol! But dear of hubby he didn't have anything so I wouldn't be tempted either!! So a day that I thought I might not stick to 100% is going great so far!! I'm getting quite good at being able to resist all sorts of stuff that I used to not be able to do without!

Well done Stirky:)

I hope your little boy is OK, I had grommits when I was little too.

I have blown it today.....oh well, will hang my head in shame, and try for damage limitation for the rest of the day!!

Haven't added up calories yet....(i'm afraid to:eek:) I will add up at the end of the day before going to bed:sigh:

Good luck everyone, hope you are doing better than me;)

Mel x

Thanks Mel, yes he seems fine, he soon got back to normal lol!

What did you do to blow it today? Hope you have a great one tomorrow hun x

Hey girls!

Aww Mel, don't worry. Just promise not to over-cutback to compensate cos that'll make it even worse. You'd be sooo hungry! This is a tough diet, I think, so even a few hundred cals might not mean the end of the world? Perhaps add it up and see what it's like, might be better than you think!

Stirky - well done on the 100%er again! 1280 is cool, I am happy at 1300 - let's face it, can you imagine trying to stick to 1500 on food?? You'd be eating next to nothing, so 1280 is really good.

How you doing today Tink??

Another 100% for me today. Had a bar for brekkie, shake for lunch, and seafood paella for tea.

Btw, anyone seen those Fresh Tastes in Asda? 2 for £5. The paella I had tonight was 450 cals and I got a spicy beef noodles for tomorrow. Was really tasty and filling, and still had cals left for a little treat!

Sending positive thoughts to you all!!

xxxxx

Thanks Holly, you're doing great! Will have to try and get to asda (don't usually go there) and have a lookie, nice to have some variety, all the supermarkets do great ranges but all are a bit different which is great! Yes I agree with you on the cals, would be hard sticking to that amount just calorie counting although a lot do it. But at the mo I don't know why I keep feeling like I've eaten too much, all in the head lol! I've had another 100% day today, which I'm really pleased with as not sure I'd do it with the hospital visit! But I did, woo-hoo!

Weigh-in - 9st 7lb
Day 1 3/6/09 - 100%
Day 2 4/6/09 - 100%
Day 3 5/6/09 - 100% + 30 mins jogging
Day 4 6/6/09 - Day off (Indian meal!!!)
Day 5 7/6/09 - 100%
Day 6 8/6/09 - 100%
Day 7 9/6/09 - 100%
Weigh-in - 9st 4lb!!!!:D

Yey, I have lost 3lb this week!

Weigh-in - 9st 7lb
Day 1 3/6/09 - 100%
Day 2 4/6/09 - 100%
Day 3 5/6/09 - 100% + 30 mins jogging
Day 4 6/6/09 - Day off (Indian meal!!!)
Day 5 7/6/09 - 100%
Day 6 8/6/09 - 100%
Day 7 9/6/09 - 100%
Weigh-in - 9st 4lb!!!!:D

Yey, I have lost 3lb this week!

:party0048: Go Tink! Well done, you've had a great week!!

Well done Tink!! And well done Stirky on the 100% again!!

Mel - how goes it??

Another 100% for me today, plus a run. There's a danger I might actually stick to this diet haha!!

See you tomorrow! :D

xx

Well done Tink 3lb is a great loss:)

Sirky and Holly, you have both done sooo well sticking to 100%, well done:D

I have not done well at all this week:mad::eek: Have failed every day so far. I think the problem is the fact that I am so exhausted and can't catch up on my sleep.

I am going to try and do better today...Yesterday I brought the exercise bike back down and it is now living in the hallway. I should be able to use it there day or eve!

Good luck everybody:)

Mel x

Well I've had more 100% days this week, but think tomorrow will be a tough one. I have to go to McDonalds with my son's school class, so not sure whether I'll manage to resist having something, then we have friends coming over for a take-away and wine! Think tomorrow will have to be my day off!;)

Woo-hoo, it wasn't easy (really did struggle at times!) but I did it! I've been 100% for the past 15 days! This thread really has kept me motivated! Now I just want to stay 100% until my wedding anniversary on July 4th as hubby and I are off out for a nice meal somewhere.

Will see what my weigh in is like in the morning :fingerscrossed:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!! Stirky, You have done brilliantly........and you should be very proud of yourself:D:D

On a more positive note from me...I have managed 100% today, I even made a start on using the bike, only 15mins, but I want to build up to 30mins over this weekend. Rather than just jumping straight in and overdoing it:) I also did 20 crunches and 5 leg raises....might not sound like much but I have no stomach muscles at all, and having only had a baby 12wks ago I don't want to do any damage!!!

Mel x

Hi Ladys

Just had a little read through the posts and i just wanted to say

CONGRATULATIONS ON COMPLETING THE 2 WEEK CHALLENEG
:talk017::talk017:​

You have all done so well, im so pleased for you. xx

Tomorrow is my start day for CD, wish me luck girls, im so scared i wont like the shakes lol. Keep in touch, i miss you guys already :wave_cry: xx

Thanks girlies!! Yay Mel on your 100%! And yes take it easy on the exercise, 12 weeks isn't long for your body to recover and like you said you don't want to do any damage. You're doing so well especially as you've only recently had a baba! I just used it as an excuse to eat more when I had mine, lol!

Back