The Sliminators - Team 5

Hi girls... how is every 1 doing? jackie i'm not going out for a meal on mothersday and the kids have been told not to buy me any goodies that r edable lol. so i think it will be perfume or earings.. I know this because thats what i've asked for lol. Well i'll catch up later,Linda.

hi Linda
Good for you girl , you are so postive on this rollercoaster diet .
It sure is a rollercoaster , finding it so hard from 2 till 5 .
Why ?
Anyoone ele like that do they have a set time they feel like this ?
roll on the weeks ahead of us come what may lol

looking forward to reading one of your big posts lisa , how are you doing on cd ?
not seen you on lately , ok got to keep busy as i have been facing food issues
where are all the others ?

Hi Team
Where is all the team members gone ?
Ok lisa put be down dor 185 from 190
Now come on Team lets have you all posting :))))

Hi Jackie, i think we r the only ones in this team lol. well i have to go off cd for a few days to have blood tests done, so will do Atkins so i stay in ketosis. Gp said ketones in the blood will hinder the results. How is everyone doing and where r u all.

yes thats what she told me when I had blood done , to come off CD till she found everything in order . Yes think we are the only ones , where are you guys lol
lets hope you get on ok with your test results too

Hi jackie. have u heared from any team members, dont know whats happened to them.

Hello ladies,

How have we all been doing.

I have been soooo hungry last couple of days but am proud to say i still stayed 100% ss. I dont think i could have 1 wobble as i think i will buckle so not even gonna take the chance. I dont know why i am sooooooo hungry as it is not even totm.

Linda why do you need blood tests? Are you ok hun?

Jackie hope you are doing well.

Same for the rest of the team.

I am sitting watching comic relief. Its strange as before when we use to watch films or events on tv we would of ordered take away then got all the munchies out after. Not now! lol

Also has anyone found that if they drink loads of water they put on weight?? I ma a bit obsessed with my scales ( i know you shouldnt but it helps me feel in control and i like to see what works for my body). I find that if i drink over 4 pints a day i seem to put a lb on!

Anyone else noticed this?

Take care all

Victoria

Hey team,

Sorry that I have not been on, just been really poorly, got the blooming cold from my oh, he sounds like a cross between a mastiff and a bullfrog and my throat is so rough you could grate cheese, I can hardly speak and the coughing is driving me insane. Never mind, I have not been able to stick to the diet because just could not face anything but rocket ice lollies for past 2 days, will get back on very soon though.

Anyway how are you all doing? I am replying to all your messages since my last post, it will take a while, however here goes:

Hi Looby,
Well done on your 3.5lb loss, that’s fantastic, especially totm week. You must keep trying on all your sizes because you just lose so well on this diet that you may find that you miss a whole size range, because you passed it without realising how small you are getting. Size 14 that’s great, you so deserve to feel so very pleased with yourself, skinny bum lol.

Hi Linda,
I got your PM thank you. I need you to let me know your weight now so that I can work out your percentage.

That is so good getting back into your size 16’s it really gives you that extra boost to continue with the diet doesn’t it. I cannot wait to get there again, not long now I hope.

Hey Zoda
We have set a little mini challenge for March and we will be giving ourselves little treats WHEN we meet them, see below. Just add yourself to the list and set, maybe a goal of 5 or 6 lbs for the rest of the month, just another way of making ourselves feel good about what we are doing for us.

So hows it going so far? You back in the swing yet? It is hard to start with, but you will be fine, I know and its so worth it.

I looked up the site for your photo shoot, wow, you go girl, your h2b will be waiting at that alter a couple of hours before he needs to be just waiting to make you his wife lol I think your very brave, however think that you will feel and look so good that you could get us all having a go haha. That is such a good gift idea though, one he won’t forget for a long long time. I cannot believe you have been together since you were 14, that’s just so cute, a real love story. I am so soppy I love hearing things like that.

Good idea not to have gotten your dress yet, you are going to be much smaller then when you started this diet and there will be no stopping you from trying on every dress in every shop, just because it looks so fantastic on that new skinny bod of yours.

Jackie and Victoria's messages to follow shortly.

Lisa xx

March Challenge

Lisa BB ............. Goal: to lose 14lbs - 5lbs down 9lbs to go ............ Reward: will be a Pair of Earings

YummyMummy04 ~ Goal to loose 16 lbs - 6 lbs down to 10lbs ~ Reward will be Pampering session at home ~

Loobylou22 - Goal: to lose 14lbs - 5lbs down 9lbs to go............ Reward: will be Facial at my friends salon

Last edited:
Hey Victoria,

I so know what you mean about the cold, making you feel horrible, just hope it all goes away realllly soon. I am so proud of you for staying 100%, I just could not do it and don’t know how you managed, wow you are determined and focused, please send some of that strength my way.

You have probably felt hungry because your run down, its just your body asking for extra fuel to help you fight the virus, not realizing that you are getting everything your body needs from your packs, maybe have 4 a day until you feel a little better, I have 4 a day and have not found that it has made a difference to weight loss, I asked on here and the consensus was the same.

It is weird you saying that you got the munchies out when watching films and stuff, that was one of the first things I realised on the diet, my oh works away all week and when he came home on the first Friday it felt like I should have been eating junk, it almost felt like party time. We had just gotten into such a bad habit, because we had not seen each other we would have a meal then snacks whilst watching a film or just chatting about our week, we just have to change these habits for the future, but it is good we are realising it now.

The water thing is a weird one, did you know a pint of water weighs a pound and a quarter! Something I learnt a long time ago, however on this diet water is good and our friend, we should be drinking around 3 litres a day, which is about 6/7 pints I drink 4 litres a day, as I continued the habit from my Lighterlife time and it is doable if you pace yourself, we need to keep up the water to flush out those ketones and the blobs of fat lol you will feel the water weight but it does sort itself out if you drink slowly throughout the day and not, say a whole pint in one go.

You should try not to jump on the scales all the time, I know that’s easy for me to say now, when I first started LL last year I had to get my oh to put them in the loft (im scared to go up there lol) your weight changes so drastically during the day, it can make you crazy and I have learned that it just seems to work weighing the same time of day on the same day every week, last week I jumped on the scales on the Saturday and found that I had stayed the same, I was so disappointed I could have chucked it all in, however when I was weighed on Sunday (my official weigh day) I had lost 5 lbs, I so easily have blown it, so please try to be strong and get your oh to hide the batteries or something lol.

Your doing great though, so just keep up the good work and you will be absolutely fine.

Lisa xx

Jackies message to follow, phew my fingers and brain hurts lol

Hey Jackie
You lost 5lbs this week that’s a great start; you just stay strong and ignore those shopping demons. You really must decide what plan you want to be on, whether its ss or ss+ where you would be allowed the chicken and not feel guilty about having it, if that is easier for you then do ss+, please don’t beat yourself up for having chicken and feeling that you are not 100%, because if you are ss+ then you are 100% and should be proud of getting that far you lost 5lb so it works for you, maybe you need to do that for a little while until your ready to go 100 ss if you need to at all really.

Doing LL you do the CBT training and learn about your various states, ie child, adult state and what that means to you and the choices you make, it is very interesting and a lot of the things Icemoose talks about and advises is based on CBT, I am going to do a course on it and get some books and feel that this will help me in the future, without having to pay the £66 per week to LL. £98 for your doctor to check you for blood pressure and pulse and sign your form they are really taking the micheal there. My GP did mine eventually after me talking them to death and paid them £20.

I like you was smaller just before Christmas and we have got to try and forget about that and move on, up until a few days ago was always beating myself up about it and saying things like, oh if only I’d stuck to it I would be almost at goal now, blah blah and you know what it doesn’t help, we did it once, then had things to deal with and couldn’t help putting it back on, we hadn’t finished our journey and didn’t learn all we had to learn to stay slim forever, however it is not a big deal we are strong women and WILL indeed be at that, what seems to be elusive number again and actually pass it, it wasn’t where we wanted to be anyway, we wanted to be slimmer, so we didn’t blow it big time did we. We must put it behind us and just keep doing our best, things happen in life that we have absolutely no control over and we must deal with them in the best possible way for us.

What you are saying about your mothers day celebrations, you just chuffing well enjoy yourself, whatever that means to you all, its for your mum and she must see that you are happy and in control, which means that you can have what you want sometimes and can get back on track the following day, she wouldn’t want to see you umming and arring and not enjoying it and you don’t what that for her special day either. The diet will be here, as will we all will be, to help the day after.

Sorry to waffle, I sound like I’m having a go in some places here, honestly I’m not, I just want you to be a little kinder to yourself, under the circumstances you are doing so well and should be very proud of yourself. You are such a tough cookie and strong member of the team, you rally me up with that fighting talk of yours all the time.

Stay strong and positive that you will be a very slim lady by the end of the summer, just think long boots, skinny jeans and a beautiful fitted jumper, how good will that feel?

Lisa xx

Hello Team :)
I'm off out very shortly to Hitchin Market , good to hear from the team . Sorry victoria and Lisa you have not been well , rocket lollies lol yes my throat has been going funny lately too but so far i'm ok , i'll post more later as I have to go now .
How are you Linda ?

Morning all

Hope you feel better soon Lisa. Happy shopping Jackie.

I thought i was over my cold but woke up this morning and my head and eyes are really hurting and i have got a sore throat! Great! :cry:

I know what you mean about the scales hopping. I will try to stop (i replaced food addiction with sclaes addiction now!). :eek:

I am drinking 4 - 5 pints a day! Thats not enough then if it should be 6 - 7 pints. Blimey i will have to up it a bit. I will never be out the loo at this rate! :wave_cry:

I hope you all have good weekends. I am cutting the grass in the garden, ironing and then chilling with a book for the rest of the weekend.

I have weigh in tom morning early so will post results at about 10am ish.

Take care all and be strong! :D

Victoria

Hi girls... Y.m the tests r for diabetes, i don't think i have it.. but gp just wants to be sure. Had to come off cd and i was so hungry... i ate. The tests r on monday so i'm going to try to do atkins until i get the results, I don't expect a loss this wk but as soon as i'm ok, its right back to ss for me. How is everyone else doing? hope u r all ok. Y.M I got ur request.... and i hope we can all be good friends as we r all in this together and i know we will win the battle of the bulge lol. Speak soon Linda.

Morning Team
How was everyones day yesterday ? I went to hitchin with my dad , then on to my sisters house and back home and back out again to see my mum . The the diet , i'm tring to put more into it as I'm starying off , so come on Team give me some hard compo :)))
Linda , how are you ? Lets hope you don't have diabets! , you must be now on week 9 or 10 so you have come along way ! with the eating , you now need to think ... I need to show them on my Team they have some serious compertion , which we do :) so Atkins is the way to go and let that BMI keep coming down . Thats right Linda , lets become good friends in the battle of the bulge and keep giving eachother so compertion too
Lisa, How are you feeling , with them rocket lollies , have a go at making them out of your strawberry shake , yummmy .
CBT , I think I'm going to read up on that , I know icemoose , Mike , he puts alot of his life into dieting , I rember when I fit=rst came on minimins he used to post alot in helping people out , but I do know he is busy with other things and never forgets about this site .
Thats good Lisa in taking up a course , hey you may be the next mike , see you on TV soon hehe .
GP , 20 pounds that is so cheap , yes they say its putting a strain on the NHS but they don't really help in making things better cos all the time its about hitting your pocket and once you find out how much , it just makes you want to eat cos you are so angry at what they are doing .
Smaller before xmas , yes Lisa and something happens beyound our control and we are alomost back to SQ one .... So we need to keep fighting it .
Yes mothers day , its going to be sad one this year , but happy too , as its my mums last one and if I stop to think on it to much then it will make me sad , so i'm going to enjoy as best as we all can .
Love you waffling Lisa , so don't stop , you bring life to our team :) Talking of life , where is Zoda ? where is Lou ? come on girls lets have you both back in the running , let us know how you are and give us some fighting talk :)))
I'd love to see myself in that outfir Lisa , i'd love to have so many outfits when I o[pen my chest of draws , but I need to put myself out for that and work for it , which i'm going to do , or is taht we are going todo Team ?
victoria How are you ? do you think you may have allergies ? with your eyes being like that , my sister and my OH are the same .
Victoria with the water if you think of it like this it may work better , your body is 70 % water and you can go much longer without food than water , water helps flush out harmful toxins as well as prime the body for fat loss . if your body isn't getting enough water it does everything it can to hold on to the water it does have. so keep watering yourself hehe .
With comic Relief , my son had none uniforum day to get money , but my daughter had nothing to help get money , thought they could of done something , did anyone eles kids do anything at school ?

Now Lisa your Waffling is rubbing off on me lol
Ok i'm going to have a look at the site now , see whos got to goal and see who is having a hard time on this wild diet and look at the photos too :)))

Morning Ladies

Hope the test turn out ok for you Linda X

I got weighes this morning and only lost 3lbs. I know its a lose tho so am happy but it is not totm and i have been 100% ss so am pleased. Hope i can loose 5lbs next wk so i would hit the 2 stone mark then! Fingers crossed.

Sounds like you had a busy and nice day yesterday Jackie. I live ages away from my family so do not see them much. Plus my husband had a accident at work back in October and now cant drive (hopefully he will in the future) so we cant get about as much as we use to (thank goodness for the internet shopping!) I am hoping to learn to drive in September once i have lost some weight and after our holiday!

Hope everyone has a fab day. The weather is lovely here nice blue sky and sunny so i am off to put some washing out!

FAO Lisa: Weigh in result

Was 15 stone 11lbs
Lost 3 lbs
Now 15 stone 8lbs

Hi girls.. well not so good this wk...STS.YM well done on ur 3lb loss, its a good loss, we will soon be hitting the shops buying lots of smaller sizes. How is every one else doing? hope u have had good losses, Jackie how r u doing... better than me i hope, can't wait to get back to ssing, speak soon Linda.

Hi ya Team

Hope you are all well, I am stilll feeling cack, didnt sleep last night with all the blooming coughing, my throat still really sore arrrgggh.

How are you now Victoria, any better? I do hope a little better, its pants this cold thingy and a 3lb lose is great, its about what we are supposed to lose a week on this diet and about a stone a month you have lost 23lbs already, if you upped your water it could possibly help even more, but gosh girl not to shabby, well done please be proud of yourself, you must really be needing a belt or braces by now lol.

Well today is team challenge day and unfortunatly I will not be joining you this week, not been very good last few days with this bug so not going to weigh myself until next sunday.

I have results for Jackie, Victoria and Looby all doing fantastically well.

Zoda and I will be in next weeks results and I am just awaiting Linda to PM me her weight and we know she has lost 4.5lbs this week so it should be another good week.

I will let you know how we did as soon as I know.

Have a good day everyone, enjoy the weather, it is very beautiful out there today, washing a plenty day lol.

PS Jackie, cummon girl, cyber kick in the pants for you young lady (she asked for that I am not being mean on purpose lol) You are a strong woman and can beat this fat stuff, try 90% today and 100% tomorrow we can do this together, I promise to get back with you tomorrow 100% and give up the rocket lollies, just for you haha. You promised to kick the other teams butts, wheres that kick ass fighting Jackie we all love, do well all week and give yourself and your mum a really special day next Sunday as a reward.

Speak to you all soon Lisa xx

:talk017:​

:character00238: Hi Team,

We came second again in the team challenge this week, so a massive well done again, :cool: we are really sticking at the top and long may we be there.

:happy096: We have a team percentage of 2.0% which is brilliant. :party0011:

Our biggest loser in the team is Jackie with a mega 2.63% :thankyouthankyou: congratulations Jackie, what a fantastic incentive for this week, keep up the good work.

:innocent0002: We have all had a few things going on in the last couple of weeks, however lets really go for it for the next few days and stick to it 100%.

:soapbox: I know Sunday will be a little bit of a teeny, tiny break for a couple or three of you and thats perfectly fine, however lets just try to have a 6 team result on Sunday, all of your weigh ins are before any little meals you may have on Sunday anyway so shouldnt make a difference to the result and by your following weigh in you all would have undone any little food eating time you had. (see I used little a lot in that paragraph :D)

Cummon team, we really need to get 100% on track and drag/:whoopass:/help/:asskick:/bribe/:vibes:/push/:hug99:/support/ :copon: and be there for the odd :rant2:we can get each other to that slim summer we all know we can have and blooming well deserve. :banana dancer:

I will be checking in 2 to 3 times a day, everyday this week so any help needed just yell or PM me and i will there asap :)

:character00148: Speak to you all soon Lisa xx

:grouphugg:​

PS I have updated the March Challenge, Victoria and Looby you are nearly there.

March Challenge

Lisa BB ............. Goal: to lose 14lbs - 5lbs (tbc) down 9lbs to go ............ Reward: will be a Pair of Earings

YummyMummy04 ~ Goal to loose 16 lbs - 9 lbs down to 7lbs ~ Reward will be Pampering session at home ~

Loobylou22 - Goal: to lose 14lbs - 8.5lbs down 5.5lbs to go............ Reward: will be Facial at my friends salon

I agree Lisa lets be 1st next week. 2nd again is brilliant tho.

Well done Jackie for being the biggest Loser. Go girl! lol

Another challenge i have joined if anyone wanted a bit more motivation is the "10 week challenge drop 2 dress sizes by 22nd May".

It wont allow me to add to my siggie as cant go over 1500 characters but there is a thread in the cd general forum.

I am starting at a size 20 and working towards being a size 16 by 22nd may!

Victoria

Back