The Sliminators - Team 5

Enough - the 1st 2 days were hell for me. I cant lie it was horrible. I had the shakes, headaches and was so hungry but as soon as i got into Ketosis (day 2 evening) i felt so much better, not hungry, energetic and that kept me going until 1st weigh in and had lost 12lbs. Now the weigh in's keep me going as the results are fantastic and fast.

They say after 21 days you loose the cravings for foods etc there is a thread about it on the cd forum and i think that is true as food doesnt bother me too much at all now and i prepare and cook food everyday for my husband and children.

Only time i struggle is time of the month as i get soooooo hungry. Those fews days i up my water intake and also go onto 4 "meals" a day too and that helps so much to keep me 100% ss. The bars (you can have from the 3rd week) are a godsend and are so yummy and keep me going. I would eat them even if i wasnt on a diet. The mix-a-mousse is fab and more filling too and turns your shake into a mousse / angel delight. Having either one of these a day from week 3 instead of a shake makes a real difference to.

Just hold on in there for first couple days and then it does get better.

You can do this!

what a lovely (and inspiring) bunch of people..

well, just to prepare, I've skipped dinner and watched whilst R cooked a really lovely looking goulash which was eaten with lots of mmmmm noises.. and this evening we're off to the pub, and I'm on the slimline tonic with ice and lemon (can I have this once I start tomorrow? If not, what do I do about being in the pub?)

Vx

Right!

today's the day folks!...

appologies in advance if I post loads or disappear at various stages while I cope with this!

I really like what this person said:

I lost ten stone last year and for the last 2 stone dragged myself kicking and screaming... believe me when I say, if there was a way to cheat this diet and still get a good result, I looked for it!!
I found out the hard way, there isn’t one!
People, who add bits n bobs into the plan, may not even realise it at the time, but in the long run if you compare it to when you were A1 perfect, it was so much harder once you added things! The diet is tried and tested, and designed by a team of scientists; let’s not assume we know better than they did. If we did, would we be here now?

I cut and pasted this, and now dont know who said it! Oops.. didn't mean to plagerise! It's a great reminder of what I'm doidn though.. I KNOW I'm going to want to find 'ways round this' and think of it as better not worse....

watch this space! :/

Vx

Great quote Enough and thank you for sharing it.

I def agree and i have been 100% ss. I just know that if i ate something i wont stop and i am not going to give the devil in me the chance! lol

Good luck for your first day Enough. Just keep downing the water. You can do this X

Next visit to my CDC on Weds at 5:15pm (after work).. She's an absolute bldy STAR! ..and I only have to make it til the day after tomorrow! (reminds me of quitting smoking - three days of hell, then I'll be fine!)

anyone know if you can cook porridge without a microwave?

Vx

Hi Everyone you are all so helpful and inspiring :girlpower:I love coming on here to see how everyone is doing!

Enough I found the first week a doddle, I was really lucky and had no headaches etc but I think it's because I was soooo fired up to do this! This week (wk2) has been harder for me esp with the Easter weekend but I am seeing results already so desperately want to keep going, food is not an option for me right now!

I think I've lost about 3lbs this week (weigh in tomorrow a day late cos of the BH). I have to be honest I was hoping for more but it's totm so maybe I'll see a better loss next week?

Right going to get off to do some jobs in the garden, hope you're all keeping strong today! Oh btw, I keep forgetting to say, my real name is Sherrill! Hi :D

Hi Sherrill! That's a relief - I was finding it tricky calling you fatblaster!! haha :D

Great to know that week one wasn't so bad for you - guess it shows that's it's more about state of mind than anything else.. and that's something we can pep up on here! :D

I guess it makes sense that week two's harder.. novelty value is waring off, and we're left with the longer term drive and determination that's harder to maintain.. But we CAN maintain it - I'm sure..

ok, so I haven't ever tried CD before, so what do I know? But I've done other things which require determintation, and I'm generally TERRIBLE AT IT! Hahahaha! - BUt I DO get through, cause I know I'm terrible at it, and I don't beat myself up... or, at least, I try not to :)

So, what's helping you through?

I need a big ol' bundle of tricks to get through this.. This is what I've come up with so far:

-I've told R, and I took him out for a curry last week, on me, cause it's the last one we'll be having together for a while. He seems pleased - think he's a better cook than me anyway, so I think he's secretly pleased - better food, and a slimmer V!! haha -

-I'm not telling anyone at work, so I have arranged to pop home for lunch each day this week.. at least it's a shorter week. I'm going to have to tell them that I'm on some kind of health kick at the moment, otherwise they'll think something's wrong with me when they offer me something.. we've had a tangerine swap recently to find the best one out there, so I'll have to come up with some reason why I wont even have a segment of orange!

-I've bought loads of bottled water - seems extravagant when there's plenty in the tap, but I wanted it to feel more special

-I've also bought some really lovely hand creams so that I can take a moment to treat myself if I feel the need.

-I'm going to come on here most days for inspiration, and bore the lot of you with posts! Haha - sorry guys, but it'll get me though! :D

-I'm going to book a hair cut and a massage.. I'm actually going to be saving a fortune on this diet (mainly on cutting out the boozy nights out!! haha!).. so I can treat myself to a few bits and pieces..

-I'm considering walking down to the shop on the sea front just to buy a bottle of water occasionally..

So, that's all I've come up with so far..?? what do you think? PLease - if you can come up with a list too, that'd be GREAT! :)

Vx

Hi Everyone :D

Enough you sound sooooo psyched up!! Way to go girl, what a great attitude!

Hmm, list of tricks...

I know you can't have them yet but the bars are my "treats" they really are delicious and I put them in the fridge and save them until the evening when the kids are in bed.

Some people have given themselves a list of treats that they can have as they hit each stone or half stone loss, like a new piece of clothing or a massage. Money is tight for me so I'm going to keep wearing my jeans with a belt for a bit longer!!

When I get close to target I'm going to buy myself some lovely new sexy undies and after my first stone a pair of killer heels (I normally slouch around in flats having 4 year old twins to chase after!!)

I am finding with each pound off I am feeling so much better about myself :D I want to be a yummy mummy not a slummy mummy lol!

Keep up the good work!

Thank you, folks.. day one complete 100% :D

off to bed.. let's see how my first day at work without food turns out!

night

Vx

Yay - day one at work turned out just fine.. ended up telling my boss in private, just in case anything seemed odd (Had visions of her saying: "Are you OK? You don't seem to be scoffing your face all through the day, is something wrong??" Haha - obviously she has more tact, but I figured she'd better know in case I suddenly loose it, shout "I can't take this any more" and eat the cyclemen pot plant out of sudden desparation!! Haha... ok, ok, not likely... but worth pre-empting! :p

How are you doing today team-mates??

Vx

Hi V, well I am sooooooooooo happy today, 2nd weigh in and .........6lb off! So that's a stone in 2 weeks:bliss: How happy am I?!! lol So that's my entry for this week's competition!

I know the weight loss will slow down but it has so given me the motivation to carry on....slimdom here I come!

Hope everyone else is doing OK :)

I hope everyone else is doing OK

:happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::bliss:

look! that's you dancing with a VERY impressed audience!! :D

Congratulations!

Vx

Hello all

Wow well done Fatblaster that is brill loss. I was ok over the weekend with the chocolate eggs etc but then i toasted my children and husband some hot cross buns! OMG my mouth was watering. I was actually dribbling. They smelt so good but i resisited but that has to be the nearest i have come to wobbling so far!

Fatblaster Can you please pm me what weight you was, what weight you are now and your loss in lbs so i can work out the percentages and enter you as part of the team competition. All confidential of course.

Well done Enough you sound so determined! Go girl.

It is nice in way to be back in control of what we eat and not let food rule as.

For years i have eat for boredom and routine and for the sake of it. Now food rarely bothers me now and i still cook for my family. It does get better honest.

We are all going to be slim for the summer! Yippee cant wait.

Victoria

Congrats Victoria for staying 100%... that sounds REALLY properly determined... I think you'd have found me on the kitchen floor surrounded by crumbs with hot melted butter dribbling down my chin, attempting to deny all knowledge! haha - ??what buns??

guess I've got a long old journey if I'm going to have a sucessful maintanance at the end of this... I'm alrady wondering how I'll go from ss to gradual introduction without making the classic mistake of diving into an ocean of lardy-bad-stuff like an alcoholic falling off the wagon... Hmm... think it's take me this whole 12 weeks to get my plan together...

Vx

Hello, have you still got a space on your team?

Hello Aloize

Yes we have it is all yours if you would like it.

Victoria

yes please!!!
i have been checking the team forum and keep missing out on spaces so lucky i got this one.
I have been on CD for 5 weeks. is this ok? I get my sixth weigh in tomorrow.
I'm online mostly in evenings as just started new job so don't want to be on forums too much in the day.

Looking forward to getting to know you all

Louise

Back