The Sliminators - Team 5

:wavey:Hiya,
I'm Sally and I'd like to join your team if that's ok?:sign0144:

I'll tell you a little bit about myself, and then I'd better get cracking on reading your posts so I can catch up with what's going on in your team.

Okay here goes. I'm Sally and I'm 30:character00238:. This is the second time I've done Cambridge - I lost 5st last time. I managed to keep it off for almost a year, but Over the last month to 6 weeks I've put a stone back on:d'oh:, so I'm looking to shift that and the final stubborn stone that I didn't manage to get off last time.

So tonight I've had my 'Last Supper' :eating: and tomorrow I'm off to see my CDC. I can't wait to get started again. I couldn't have done it last time without the support :psiholog: of my team, so I'm really looking forward to being part of a new team.

:heartpump:Luv Sally:thankyou:

Hello Sally!

When I started reading your post, I thought you meant you'd lost five stone and put it all back on!! :eek: ..then I realised you've just had a little bit of gradual creep back up.. and you're now keeping it in check.. and getting excited about shifting the last bit to go.. this is going to be Great! ..have you got that old slightly daunted feeling back? ..really, it sounds more like you've given yourself a healthy break before completing your mission.. I think this all bodes very well indeed for you! :)

I have another two stone left to go too.. I don't see myself doing it very fast now - not like the begining.. but to be honest, I'm soo much happier with where I'm at now than when I started this, that I don't mind it being a gentle process.. might help with maintanance in the long run a bit better (?maybe?)

right - busy day today.. This week I have my last few days in my job, next week I'm moving house, the week after I'm starting my new job, and a couple of weeks after that I'm leaving my OH!! :D It's all happening right now, and it's all an exciting adventure! But sooooo much to get done! :) I'm loving it!

Catch up soon! (I'll keep you all posted!!)

Vxx

I'm just back from seeing my CDC and I've only put on 11lbs woo hoo. I know it seems odd to be happy about that, but I thought I'd put a stone on. So this means that my target is exactly 28lbs away. That's so much less daunting than the 84lbs when I first started CD.

So day 1 is almost over and I seem to have adjusted back to starvation mode quite easily (so far). I'm in the danger zone at the moment, I'm fine when I'm at work, it's the evenings when I'm at home that I struggle. I've wandered into the kitchen a few times looking in the fridge, but all that's in there is water.

Ah well will report in tomorrow with an update on how I'm getting on.

you could always leave yourself little treats in the fridge, like hand cream, or a joke from a chilled joke book! Haha - could become quite fun going to the fridge! :D

Sounds like you're doing great!

All the best!

Vxx

Hi sliminators
Just posted my week 5 results to Gilly, 4lbs off and my 2st target reached, so quite pleased, especially as had birthday celebrations to attend last weekend (good choices made, but certainly not CD!).
Hope everyone is doing well.
Tx

well done lovelies have posted results
our biggest loser is tracey with 1.68%
fantastic!

so here we go with a fantastic new team
members are
surfhunny
tracey1404
lilb
enough
tower
so we have 1 space left
i've really been struggling lately and am so glad there's life back on this thread almost went to my doctor to tell him to give me a band i've fought struggle is
not the word with my weight all my life and last week it all got a little to much but i am still here

here's to a great week

Tower.. I really can relate.. I think all of us are here because we have a compliated emotional relationship with food, which we have decided to simplify, understand, and become clearer and more peaceful about.. I feel that it can be a battle too.. and that a peaceful relationship would be wonderful.. I'm just learning how, and only at the early stages in learning.. i guess it just takes time to be more at peace with ourselves and less upset/angry/stressed about it all... I really think that the more I have tried/battled in the past, the more fuel I've added to the fight.. I can't fight any more.. I'm simply giving in to CD and giving up the complicated fight.. letting go a little and being kind to myself for a while.. guess that's why I find CD such a relief, cause I don't have to think about it, and battle any more.. just let go instead.. my little thing I tell myself these days is simply: 'it's ok'.. 'it's ok'.. in a very soothing voice 'it's ok'... because it is.. if I feel hungry, tired, unloved, lonily, anxious, sad, scared.. then actually I need to sooth myself.. notice how I feel and sooth myself.. it's ok.. I talk to myself like talking to a small child.. in my head I go: "aw.. what's up.. are you ok? .. are you feeling a bit unloved? it's ok.. let's do something nice, listen to some music, talk with some friends.. it is ok, you know :) "

that probably sounds funny to share with you the conversation I have with myself, but it really does help.. cause, like I read in Bring your Head Inside and your Body will Follow - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum
if it isn't hunger, then it's something else that's actually nothing to do with eating.. and all the time we try to solve things with eating, we could be seeing what we are really feeling and being kind to ourselves.. :)

dont know if that helps.. I hope so.. I just go for 'gently gently' soothing noises to myself these days.. getting angry with myself has just never worked, so I'm going to start being gentle on myself now, and it seems to be working a little (although it feels very unusual!)

LOVE!
Vx xx

ps, Fab looking bunch of new members.. let's see if I can play with the names a little... xx

Right! I've got it! I've been playing with the letters in our names! :D While we await a sixth member, we're the LETTS :D

Lilb
Enough
Tower
Tracey1404
Surfhunny

..and if you take the first two letters of all our names..

You get TURNSTILE :D

(..ok, so it misses out an 'o', but I was close!)

Right then, Sliminatorletts :D I'll see you soon... How's everyone doing?

Vx

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who's struggling at the moment:break_diet:. I'm afraid I'm not going to have a big loss this first week because I went out for a meal for my Dad's birthday. It had been planned for ages and I totally forgot, and with it being for my lovely Dad I couldn't back out.

BUT it's really thrown a spanner in the works.:sign0007: I DO want to do this, I really want to get back down to somewhere near my target weight. Evenings are the toughest for me because I'm a boredom eater:hmm:. Work is fine because I have people to 'keep an eye on me':whoopass:. To top it all off I have the worst PMS ever:sigh2:, and just want to eat carbs. I probably shouldn't have started back on CD until next week, but hey ho, I've done it now.

To be honest I'm dreading going to see my CDC on Wednesday. I haven't really been that successful while I've been with her. My original CDC moved away so I went to the one she recommended. Don't get me wrong, she's lovely, but a bit too lovely. I was a bit scared of my old CDC so I never dared cheat. My new CDC has seen me lose a stone, put a stone back on, lose it again, put it back on again. She's really encouraging, and actually advised me to take a break from CD and come back with a fresh approach, unfortunately during the break I put on 12lbs:d'oh:. I don't think she expects me to suceed.

:gen147:I'm not sure how to get out of that yo yo cycle. My trouble is I know how quickly I can do it when I set my mind to really going for it, but I have no incentive, no holiday, party dress etc to be thin for. :sigh2:

Boo I feel a bit rubbish :raincloud: tonight, I blame my hormones for everything:jelous:!! Sorry for moaning on, especially as I'm a newbie in the team :ashamed0005:.

surfhunny moan away
i do hehe i know the teams were set up for the competition but the great thing about it is the companionship cambridge can be lonely very lonely so we're here
i hear what your saying sometimes i'm rubbish because i know i can do it and somehow knowing i can do it allows me to procastinate oh its ok i always lose big i can lose that amount by such and such atime ha the things i tell myself its stupid i know but i still listen !
so moan away and know your not alone have a great day
gilly

Hi Sliminatorletts!! Great to see the new team formed. Managed to lose 3lbs this week, something of a surprise cos I've really struggled the last couple of weeks. Not so much straying off plan too much (although I've had the odd salad that I shouldn't), but in my head. I have really, really, really wanted to eat. Gave cooking over to my husband for the last week and even had a small cry (big baby or what?!!) one night. That said my TOTMs are all over the place.

Wailing over - CD is still great, you only have to look at our combined weight loss to see that. I have now lost 31lb, and as my hubby said - that is at least 4 new born babies, try carrying those round all day and see how you feel before bedtime!! Gave me a great visual, and a bit of a shock to be honest.

Anyway, will post my losses. Good luck to us all for the forthcoming CD week.

Tx

oooh.. so lovely to see you guys here.. lovely to see the team flourishing again - and to hear your news..

I'm considering today to be the first day of the rest of my life.. I'm only doing today.. I'll think about tomorrow tomorrow :) ..today only.. today only.. I want to go to bed tonight feeling good about how I did today :) That's my one goal...

wish me luck!

Vxx

Hi girls, My weigh in wasn't as bad as I imagined, I lost 1lb, which isn't a lot for a first week, but I'm happy with that. As of today my head in back in the zone, I am focussed.

This is just a quickie to see how everyone else is doing, and also to say thanks for letting me moan the other night, I needed it because I'm doing this entirely on my own this time (a girl from work did it with my before). Since then she's piled the weight all back on and seems to be intent on sabotaging me... I'm avoiding her at mealtimes for a while (is that terrible of me?)

I hope everyone is ok, I'll hopefully have a bigger loss to report next week.

Night xxx

Hey guys, is there still a space on this team? I've been hiding for the last couple of months after having a 'treat' weekend and then just finding it impossible to get back on track and gorging on any food available! Been really angry with myself and scared to get weighed to see the concrete evidence of my self destruction but I finally made the plunge on Friday after starting again on Monday and was relieved to hear I've only put about 6lbs back on (which I'm suprised about as I've done some serious eating recently!). Anyway, it's going well now, I'm taking a slightly more relaxed approach this time so I don't deprive myself too much and hoping to get the final 10-14lbs off by the end of Nov which hopefully is realistic and do-able.....
Anyway I'd love to be part of the team again if there is space?

Hope everyone is well x

Hi everyone, Just had my second weigh in and have lost 4lbs Yay. It's only been 4 days since my last weigh in because my CDC is away on Wed when I usually weigh in. So I'm happy with that progress. How's everyone else doing, it seems to be pretty quiet on here at the moment.

heelllloooo
first let me apologise i did not post our results this week had a family emergency and ran of to deal with it now have errant neice on my sofa! so i'm so sorry have had crazy crazy begining of week show opens thursday! ahhhh 2 dress rehearsals tomorrow and then we're up
have had crazy few weeks/months and saw a endocrinologist who basically told me the truth which is do this or die (possibly literally) but def only have 2 more years really 1 more year till not able to get ivf (which may need)

in a way its good cause really cant mess about any more and gives me a dead line
#so will have to take a leaf out of enoughs book and do it one day at a time

how are you lovelies getting on
will try to be better leader this week - its terrible am very sorry

surfhunny well done chuck

gilly x

Last edited:
Back