The Sliminators - Team 5

Wannab

What side effects are you getting this time?
Im surprised about how im feeling. Sunday was a bad day. I was really angry all day and then up set in the evening. Yesterday was so tired all afternoon. 6.30 put my little one to bed and went to sleep myself. totm due this week so put it down to that. Do you think its the bodies reaction to CDC?

I did a thread in the main CD forum on it - basically very moody (up and down, I am very snappy and I have no idea where it comes from), and have been suffering...tmi alert.... from heavy bleeding since day 6. I always find the moods a problem on CD, and the bleeding isn't unusual either although not normally this badly. I should add that as I'm on the pill, my TOTM can be predicted literally by the hour, so this is not normal for me when not on CD. I also never get cramps or mood swings normally.

Someone posted a link for me which talks about how CD affects hormone balances, which might explain it, but doesn't make it any easier to cope with.

Today I'm feeling ok in my mood - have a snow day. Although am suffering badly from cramps so it's a good job I'm at home!

xx

:hug99: Aaww... a good day to be snuggled up, i reckon.. aaww.. have a hug :hug99:

it's hard being grumpy, cause people are less sympathetic.. makes things even more tricky...

love x
:hug99:

Thanks hun :) luckily my hubby as been through this with me before several times, and although it takes a couple of fights for it to sink in, he then remembers what this diet does to me and doesn't take anything I say personally lol. Our relationship is definitely much more fun when I'm not dieting, and I have actually been thinking about this recently and wondering if perhaps that's why I feel the inclination so often in my life just to adopt the attitude of "I don't care what I eat", cos when I'm in that frame of mind for some reason I'm much more content and we don't fight, and we can go out for meals, drinks etc. without constantly having to worry about "oh, is there anything there that Nikki can eat and enjoy eating without a) breaking her diet or b) feeling guilty)".

I'm beginning to think that may be why I have a tendency to gain weight... because I know we get on better and have more fun when I'm not dieting/watching what I eat, but when I don't watch what I eat I gain weight... so I then HAVE to diet which takes us back to the bad moods etc.

Need to find a way to break the cycle somehow.

I totally get what you saying. I know people will disagree but there must be a stage where we accept what we are and enjoy life. Life is no fun when dieting and restricting our selfs. Im looking forward to loosing enough weight to start ww again where I can go out for meals with my husband.

Thanks for your earlier reply nikki.
x

Right, I'm back and I'm on it....if there is still room for me? I've eaten enough mince pies to feed an army over the last few weeks, the jeans are tight and I've got a bikini to get into in 8 weeks....*gulp*!!! I've not been weighed, I started today and will have my first WI on Sunday when hopefully the number in front of me will be slightly less of a blow having had a few days on the diet. I'm doing SS, straight in at the deep end, and dreading the next few weeks (as are my kids!!) as I know how ratty and tired i'm going to be! Still, it beats beaing rolled into the sea by GreenPeace when I'm trying to sunbathe on the beach in Lanzerote I guess!

R x

yay - fab to have you back MPNM :) missed you!

sounds like everyone's feeling a bit grumpy and down at the mo - I am, but not about CD.. I'm working til late tonight, and I'm knackered!! .. ho-hum! the weather's a mixed blessing too right now! grumble grumble :eek:

So, better crack on, but just wanted to pop by and say welcome home :)

I'm still hoping to hear from Towergilly, and I'm sure we could find space for her if she'd like to come back, but I've not heard for a week or so.. I'll give her a msg.. hope she's ok..

how's everyone else doing this eve?

yours,

grumbley :D

Vxx

Hi All

Weigh in last night and another 5lb off. Thats 1 stone in 2 weeks.
My jeans are already falling off me so my oh went in the loft and got those skinny jeans down that used to fit.
So pleased with myself this morning.

Hows everyone else getting on?

hellooooo

hi everyone hope the day finds you fine
well managed to get through 1 day - here's to today!

yay!! You're here! :) Lovely to 'see' you Towergilly :)

How's day one going/gone? What are you on? ..I'm doing 810 these days.. I actually found SS+ much easier than this, cause I didn't have to think about it.. now I have to think, and my poor brains hurt!!.. hehe :)

Lovely to see you! what day's your WI these days?

Vxx

(oops - didn't spot your message too ICan - CONGRATULATYIONS!!! :) )

Vxx

Wow well done ican! I will be well chuffed if I find out I've lost a stone in 2 weeks at WI on Sunday :D that's a fab loss!

Well chaps, today I am feeling perkier, back at work after the snow day yesterday and it's kept my mind of food :) apart from one of my colleageus had chips with loads of vinegar (I loooove vinegary chips) which smelt AMAZING! Anyhoo, one thing today has not been good, at all...

My hair is falling out.

No other way to say it really - I had my hair up overnight as usual, took it out of the hairband to get in the shower, and a load came out in my hand. Got into the shower and got my hair wet, more hair came out. Washed my hair, more came out, by the time I got out of the shower I was too scared to brush it properly or dry it, so I spent ages combing it slowly then chucked it up in a hairband wet so I didn't have to blowdry it....

am REALLY worried. Have met others who have lost hair on VLCDs before (not many as it's not that common) but they have lost A LOT of hair and I don't want to end up half-bald. I take a lot of pride in my hair and have been growing it for a long time to try and grow my layers out so I can have nice long length with a blunt cut this summer (3 years of growing!) and although I have a lot of hair so it looks thick, it's actually very fine and I can't afford to lose any!

Not sure what to do, I'm dealing with every side effect under the sun and whilst I'm determined to stick to the diet as I know it's working, I can't handle these side effects!

xx

Hi wanna..

aaw... you don't need that in your life, do you? ..I had it too.. found myself brushing my hair far less often just cause of how loose it was at the root.. I guess the good news is that it stopped falling out as soon as I stopped SS, well... a couple of weeks after, anyway.. and it's all come back now.. although, to be honest, there are some unplanned 'layers' from where it grew back all at the same time..

have you considered SS+ or 810? Just going to SS+ stopped it happening for me, and all sorts of other problems went as well - especially in the bathroom/toilet!!

sounds like you could do with making a new plan with your CDC...

My best friend also did CD, and she malted a little too.. I think it's more common than people think to mention (this is the first time it's occured to me to say about it).. but I'm sure they'll be threads on here about it - maybe people have come up with solutions??

let us know how things go for you love,

Vx

Thanks so much for your reply V, sorry to be so down on here, I know people don't need bringing down, but I don't feel like there's anywhere else to go really!

I am actually already doing SS+, and don't really want to go up to 810 if I can help it. I have found that I've felt a bit better today - have been too scared to do anything with hair so literally just pulled it back with my fingers and secured with a hairband so that I didn't have to brush it (where I tie it up overnight this stops any knotting so there's no real need to brush).

I'm feeling pretty rubbish tonight, hubby has brough chips from the chip shop and I can't deal with sitting next to him while he eats them, and am also mega tired and down, so have got into bed and will most likely go to sleep soon.

I dunno why I'm so negative - usually on CD I am full of positivity and motivation. This time, although the motivation is there, I am really angry with myself for having to do this yet again to myself and find myself wishing I could fast forward to a few stones loss time. But I can't so I guess it'll have to be a case of trying to stay upbeat as best I can and accepting that some days will be hard, others even harder, but not all days will be this bad.

Hope you all have a lovely Friday night whatever you're up to and are planning something more exciting than me :D

xxxxx

This is exactly the best place to bring these feelings, wanna! :) I'm sure we'd all agree that this is a place for mutual support, and I know you'd be there for me if I was feeling blue about something :)

..let me read the rest of your post, and write a proper responcse... brb...

Vxx

WI day today and I have lost another 3.5lbs, which takes me down from 13st 12lbs on day 1 to 12st 13.5lbs on day 14 :)

So you can put me down for 3.5lbs loss this week. Not as much as I'd hoped (my secret goal was to hit a stone off in 2 weeks) but am still pleased to be in the next stone bracket.

I AM IN THE 12's :bliss: yippee!

Hopefully this time next month I'll be able to say I'm in the 11's!

xx

Hi Guys!

How's everyone got on this week?

Wanna - congratulations on your loss! Did you get my pm? :)

Well, it looks like we don't have an inter-team contest this week.. but we did have results from Wanna and myself..

Wanna - you are this week's biggest (known) loser with 1.9% of last week's you GONE!! :) :) :) :) That's Fab!! :)

How's everyone doing??

Vx

Hi allxxx
Just back from my cdc and Ive lost 5lbs wahooooo!!! Had a good week, although I had a car accident on Sunday and was told to go A & E because of the symptons I was getting (I wacked my head against the car body)! So was on anti inflam and had a naughty chinese on Sunday...PROMISE I wont do that again!! But lucky I stayed in ketosis, probably cause I was still shaken and couldnt stomach the food. How is everyone else?xx

Congrats Indian! Woohoo!!

:) :)

That's 1.7% of your weight last week GONE!!! :D

Guys - I've just realised I didn't re-visit the posts from this week, and I'd forgotten Special's result 6 days ago!

Special - sorry about that! - it means we now have all the results in (I know this is your first week, Tower and MPNM, so I'm guessing you'll be adding yours next week.. hope it's going ok for you)

drum roll......

Special lost the highest percentage, having lost 2.7% since last week!!! Congrats!!

Well done you!!

Well done all of us - including me, who lost a HUGE 0.6% haha... it's better than nothing, and one pound off is more than nothing :)

Vxxx

Last edited:
Back