The time is now!!

hayley86

Even though I am not at my heaviest, I sure feel at my worst!! I ache everywhere and walking slowly up the stairs leaves me knackered!

I reached just over 16st following the birth of my first daughter in 2012. I lost about 2st before my wedding the next year, but over the course of another year the weight went back in until I reached 16st 7. I blamed the stress of moving house etc. I managed to lose 1st by the time I fell pregnant again in Jan 2017. Thankfully I put on very little weight in this pregnancy, only about 8lbs, so a couple of days after delivery I weighed less than when I fell pregnant. My 2nd daughter is nearly a year old and I'm just over 1st lighter than I was in January 2017.

But I feel so rubbish. I developed bad SPD/PGP in my last pregnancy. I could barely walk from 22weeks onwards, I was in so much pain. Although my hips have improved since she was born in still have issues and great pain if I walk too much, drive for too long or sit in same position for a while. It did improve when she was about 4 or 5 months old, but I deteriorated for some unknown reason about 2 months ago. To put it quite simply, at the moment I just can't get comfortable for love nor money, and I'm often in pain. I'm sure all this extra weight is now really putting a strain on my hips and back.

I've GOT to lose weight and get fit now. It can't wait another week to shed a pound. I'm struggling with day to day life, especially with carrying my youngest around. I feel like my legs are going to give way every time I walk down the stairs.

at this moment in time I'm not sure what to do for the best. The sensible part of my brain says to cut calories to about 1500 a day, and try to add in a little more exercise each day. Another part of me is thinking it would be better to start with a VLCD as the quicker a large amount of weight comes off, the better I'll feel. I really don't know.

I'm going to use this thread as a diary; I'll share my thoughts as it work out best way to lose weight (for my circumstances) and will probably vent here so I font drive my husband mad!!

Please feel free to offer any hints and tips 😊

Welcome back. Have you checked out dietdoctor ? Low carb seems to suit lots of people.

Thanks littlemiss
I think my main plan will be to stick to calorie counting. If I try something too restrictive I know I'm really going to struggle to stick to it. And ideally I'd like to be able to cook the same, or virtually the same, for at least my youngest (oldest has school dinners. Also I'll be going back to working evenings soon, so I'll probably be having my main meal midday).

Thanks littlemiss
I think my main plan will be to stick to calorie counting. If I try something too restrictive I know I'm really going to struggle to stick to it. And ideally I'd like to be able to cook the same, or virtually the same, for at least my youngest (oldest has school dinners. Also I'll be going back to working evenings soon, so I'll probably be having my main meal midday).

That’s the beauty of CC you only have to cook one meal. I’ve been doing it since February and as a family we all eat the same. The only time I have different is if we have pizza, they all have it with chips and I have couscous and salad instead.
Good luck and I look forward to seeing your progress 😁

Thanks. I'm going to try my best to at least plan tomorrows meals at some point today. My oldest goes back to school on Wednesday so I shall spent some time on Tuesday trying to plan further.

To make it simple I think tomorrow I will have porridge for breakfast, and soup for lunch. Just need to work out a healthy dinner all 4 of us will eat.
My husbands quite happy to have salad with his pizza, and both of my girls like beetroot and veggie sticks with theirs. So that's one meal a week/fortnight sorted!

Thanks. I'm going to try my best to at least plan tomorrows meals at some point today. My oldest goes back to school on Wednesday so I shall spent some time on Tuesday trying to plan further.

To make it simple I think tomorrow I will have porridge for breakfast, and soup for lunch. Just need to work out a healthy dinner all 4 of us will eat.
My husbands quite happy to have salad with his pizza, and both of my girls like beetroot and veggie sticks with theirs. So that's one meal a week/fortnight sorted!

Planning is definitely the key. It’s so easy if you do a meal plan. I always work out my weekly meal plan before I work out my shopping list.

So. Day 1. Not as great as I'd hoped. I didn't get any kind of exercise done today as 1) last day of the summer holidays for my oldest and I was trying my best to spend time with her as well as the baby (though she kept escaping to her bedroom to brush her dolls hair with a ton of detangle spray) and 2) I've felt like crap all day. I seem to be getting a cold or something but it's gone straight to my chest and aggravated my asthma. Had a headache etc all day too, so in a way I'm quite proud of myself. I have not grabbed lots of chocolate or sweets etc for a pick me up. I've just had 2 options hot chocolates and some Pepsi max. Yes I know it's bad for me, but I swear I'm addicted to the stuff. Half a glass this afternoon (once the wonderful asda delivery had come) and I was feeling so much better!! Still with a headache and cough, but with a sudden desire to declutter!!

So. I've not input my dinner yet, but I think my breakfast, lunch and dinner add up to about 1200 calories. Plus 2 hot chocolates and a small slice of my daughters homemade chocolate cake. So about 1300 plus cake. Hopefully I haven't gone too far over 1500 calories for the day.

I also forgot to weigh this morning!! Stupid I know!! But baby had woken up and oldest was still out for the count, so we came straight downstairs. I didn't give weighing another thought until a couple of hours after breakfast!! I like to weigh first thing in the morning. Will do my best to remember in the morning. Might even set a reminder.

I haven't meal planned yet. But what I plan will mainly be for me and the kids. Hubby is a nightmare when it comes to meal planning. He'll agree to a plan when I do the food order, but then he'll say he doesn't fancy that etc. This time though I shall be planning my healthy, low calorie meals, and sticking to them. He can either have what I'm having, or sort himself out.

Right. I'm off to take my measurements while I think of it.

Mini update.
A little while ago I did some squats, lunges and stretches in the kitchen while waiting for the microwave!! Aaahhh!! I only did about 20 squats and 10 lunges as I wasn't sure I was doing them 100% right but I feel so much happier for doing them. It's ridiculous really. I exercised for about 2mins, I didn't run a marathon!! But I'm happy, and proud of myself!!

Also quite happy that I'm laying in bed chilling out, without eating chocolate!! Not even a freddo!!! 😊😊😊

Mini update.
A little while ago I did some squats, lunges and stretches in the kitchen while waiting for the microwave!! Aaahhh!! I only did about 20 squats and 10 lunges as I wasn't sure I was doing them 100% right but I feel so much happier for doing them. It's ridiculous really. I exercised for about 2mins, I didn't run a marathon!! But I'm happy, and proud of myself!!

Also quite happy that I'm laying in bed chilling out, without eating chocolate!! Not even a freddo!!! 😊😊😊

I do squats, tummy crunches and the plank. Basically I do 10 of each and then build it up every day for 2 - 3 weeks. Then have a week off and start again. It's so easy to do squats because like you say, you can do them while waiting. I do mine at work while I wait for the kettle to boil, just have to make sure no one comes in, lol!

Hi Hayley and welcome

I can vouch for SW - lost just over 4 stone since Jan and eat loads :). Good luck, whatever you decide to do.

So. Didn't manage an update yesterday. Was busy during the day catching up on housework, then unexpectedly had cousins boy over in the afternoon. He was picked up rather late so I was rather knackered when I eventually got to sit down. Still ate OK.

Today :-
- breakfast - meal replacement shake (purely because I went out straight from school run)
- lunch - banana loaf. 2 slices
- dinner - 2 sausages, cauliflower and broccoli cheese.
- snacks - options hot chocolate. Half a bounty. 4 cups of tea

I've just done 30 squats and my pelvic floor exercises. Should relax for bed now

Back