The Time Travelers Wife - Audrey Niffenegger. Latest Read.

Wow - that far already guys - you lot are quick readers.

Is anybody there !!!! or was that my echo

Am well into this book - it's fabulous! :cool:

I'm so pleased you like the book. Is there anything you wish to discuss thus far?

Guys please....:D

Will any of you give me some hints and tips on how to make time to read our books?

Daft question maybe, but as I know you are all busy women I thought it made sense to ask you all.

I don't read work stuff in bed if i can help it. My evenings are on here most of the time. Do you do your reading on weekends or just a quick 10-15 min read each night before sleep?

Any suggestions would be great as I love reading for pleasure and just pure bleeding escapism!!!:D

I read in the loo, in the bath, snuggled down with the baby, when the family are eating - any chance I get!! It's purely selfish and I make time for it cos it keeps me sane (ish) :rolleyes:

ANytime I want to.

I've no social life
No children
No husband
No food ;) (sole sourcing)
No money

Nothing, nada, nowt, zilch ..............

I'm so pleased you like the book. Is there anything you wish to discuss thus far?

I have this book .. not started it yet, I'm in the middle of another book at present - will give my input when i read it... so glad that people are enjoying it though - i love it when i make a good book purchase!!

As for making time to read.. I have to force myself to stop reading and actually do other things, i get up extra early so I can bath instead of shower, thus meaning I can read for 30 mins, I take my book with me everywhere, so if i'm travelling and stop for coffee i can read, when i go shopping i take my book so i can go to a coffee shop or bar and read mid shop, I read before i go to sleep - sometimes going to bed early specifically to read!!!! My parents used to take the mickey out of me when I was a kid because I always had my nose in a book.... once I even left a new boyfriend downstairs chatting to parents while i disappeared upstairs for a quick 15min read - my mum found me and told him - i was mortified!!!!

Hi Tashy,

Do you have an ISBN no. for PS I love you? I'm going to read it on your recommendation.

Sorry:( :(

Didnt see this post - wasnt being ignorant:)

Tasha

PS another great read is Twilight Children ISBN 978-0-00-719820-7 - just bought it for 3.73 in Tescos

[amazon]0007198205[/amazon]

Can you believe I can't find my copy of Time Traveller's Wife?! :eek: :confused:

I'll send you my copy .... you can keep it.

Well I have just started it - Read the first 2 pages - didnt really grab me into the story - I am quite into books that get you hooked on the first paragraph. Will have more of a read tonight.

It was fantastic Shazza, really really good. I had got about halfway through,picked it up last night and read the other half in one go!

I am enjoying the book, just being quite slow at the moment, I got into a very bad habit over Christmas of dipping into several books!
Looking forward to the discussion.
Matty
x

OOH book club, how fun! i am always reading, but have no one to talk to the book about, now i can :) :)
I dug out my copy (trust it to be at the bottom of the pile!)
and i'm about 1/4 of the way through! Its quite good, i'm a john grisham kinda girl, i love murder/crime books! So this one is abit different for me!

Just started reading it, I haven't been able to find the time just lately as I have been busy decorating. Got all next week off so will devote lots of time to the book.

Well I have just started it - Read the first 2 pages - didnt really grab me into the story - I am quite into books that get you hooked on the first paragraph. Will have more of a read tonight.

Hi Shazza

This book is a little wierd and isn't really like any other. PLEASE perservere, yo'll really get into it after the first 100 pages or so. It really is a gem of a book and one of my all time favourites! :)

Back