The unexpected Slimming World journey of a Me who wants to fit in her size 12 pants!

Keep on plan, remember to treat yourself with your syns ( makes it feel naughty but oh so nice and keeps you determined to be good :) )
You'll do great I'm sure... You're motivated enough to talk diet on here with folk and that really does help... Lets you go on the journey together and keep going ;) you're never alone with a bunch of old crones! Lol.

Med changes are yuk.. Either make you feel worse or no bloody different for at least a month!! Keep going tho... It's all part of the process... As is moanin n groanin!

Coffee to start the day... Cat spent ten mins pawing at my face to wake me up this am... Git!! Lol

Food for today, bearing in mind it's wi!
Breakfast: fruit, satsuma, plums, grapes.. Not a big breaky fan unless there is bacon involved! ( I'm not a proper veggie, I just eat mainly veggie food;) )

Lunch: salad, tomatoes,

Dinner:( after weigh in!!) mushroom risotto, cheese, (HexA),

Snacks: Alpen light bars (hexB) possibly treat of Walkers Sunbite packet of crisp things (cant remember syns think its 6) or a mini treat size 18g mars bar (4syns)

Off to pick up dog food and see my friend with her very poorly dog, just to say goodbye to him :( he's been a loved pup so he'll go happy xx

hehe, I love The support from you and the other guys all on mini mes doubt I would stick to it otherwise :)

Aw you have a good alarm clock-Meow !!!

Your food sounds yummy.

Aw poorly pets are heartbreaking :(

xxx

You have a cat on your plant pot!!! lol Very cute! It's always difficult to see pics of my cat he's black! :p
Poorly pet indeed.. he is going to have to be put down on friday, but he made special effort to be such a good pup today.. he's only 5 but he's a cocker spaniel too so looks extra pathetic….
Competition with Bestie for WI tonight is heating up, she has admitted to having had takeaways!!! Maybe this is the week she takes off her fleece and her shoes before we get on the scales… normally she eats her tea before we go, weighs in in shoes, jumper and fleece and her vest!!! and she still loses weight! lol
She does own the equestrian centre and have 2 kids tho so she is far more active than I am… and she still smokes to she can avert her appetite with the ciggies… I gave them up in Feb so I have Zero vices lol..

Cannot wait for WI now, want it over and done with! Ended up having a cheese salad sandwich, which is more than I was going to have, but it's all within HexA/B and a couple of syns… thankfully the lady who runs the cafe has just hit target with SW so she understands! lol

Let ya know later how I get on … hope you're having a good day xx

These cats keep us entertained :) Poorly puppy :( 5 years thats nothing your poor friend. Its so easy to get attached to these lovable animals.

Good luck for weigh in and sure you can beat her tonight :) have fingers crossed for you.

Ohh great you can go somewhere that know about SW for lunch :)

Had a good day thanks-had my first go at making SW lasange, it needs tweaking a bit! xxxx

Ooo not tried the lasagne.. I love lasagne:)
Well the WI was ace.. Best STILL lost 1.5lbs after admitting to having 2 Maccy D's, Pizza and Pub dinner this week… I don't know how she does it but it's ace!!
Me….. well I weighed in ……
4 lbs lighter than I weighed last week!!!

Now I am celebrating with a Becks Blue Beer (2.5 syns), SYn Free Chips with Peri Peri spice on them, Quorn Sausages (1 syn each) and Garlic and Herbs baked beans…

I bought the new magazine from Group for a read too.

I am really pleased I broke my own record for weight loss in a week too… I have been the 1-2.5lbs a week girl since day 1, no massive weight loss on the first week like so many people I know! lol ;)

So this has spurred me on to working just as hard this next week… not sure if I can do 4lbs again, but anything off is a GOOD thing xx

Which bit of the lasange recipe will you tweak tho, just so I can follow suit :p
xx

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO WELL DONE ON YOUR 4LBS LOSS HUN xxxx

Will tweak the sauce hun 400g fat free natural yog, 120g (I think) quark and 1 egg, I would add cheese on top as a (HEA) sauce was a bit Yoghtty for me :) xxx

Yogutty Hmmm.. no me not so keen on that either!!
Today I managed to sleep 6 hours all in one go… nearly fell out of bed when I realised… the last thing left from My depression days is insomnia, but I could well have had that from being a child, my dad used to prod me as a baby ever 2 hours to check I wasn't dead!!! Bless him.

Well did a big food shop today and also bought a few deals on suntan lotion etc for holidays in July, seems ages away, but I so can't wait!

Food: GREEN
Breakki: 2 x weetabix Hexb, Hazelnut Milk HexA, Strawbs, banana Coffee! :p
Lunch (at 3 pm so really it could be High Tea?? ) : baked potatoes, Syn free quorn mince chilli, half of cheese HexA
Tea: Quorn Burger (½ syn), WHolemeal roll (hexB), the other half of HexA cheese, onions and mushrooms for the top of the burger, salad and syn free sweet potato chips.

Have been missing my beer so I bought some of the Blue Becks (2Syns per bottle)… normally I am a bit of a snob when it comes to non alcoholic beers/wines etc, but I have to say this wasn't half bad…. you could tell it wasn't alcoholic it wasn't as sweet, but not bad. I bout some of the SYN FREE Beer at Tesco today it's called Equator will see if that tastes as nice. Shame Jack Daniels isn't syn free otherwise I'd be in drink heaven!. Bought Diet Cherry coke too… I remember it coming out years back and I still have soft spot for it!

So the fridge is FULL of fruit and veggies and non alcoholic beer, but all good. Going to try that Philly chocolate light too see if its any cop. I have seen someone melt a bit in the microwave and pour it over fruit for a pudding! NOM NOM.. but lets not get too excited I need to shift at least 2.5 lbs this week to get my 2 stone sticker!

Hope you're have a lovely day! :)
xx

Cheers ears… took a break from EE and went Green all week.. seemed to make a difference.. that and I wasn't subjected to my little chocolate and whisky demon sitting on my shoulder.. Well the Whisky demon is my pal I went to school with, she always says "I don't do single measures … so drink up we're walking home" !!! The Walk/stagger cannot be classed as body magic even if it is 2 miles… more like 4 if you measure the weaving!
This week I am going to mix it up red and green and the week after that go EE and then week after that Red and week after that MIX Red n Green, then EE, then Mix, then Green… see where I am going… just to see if the mixing and variety makes any mahooooosive difference! (Better bloody had do as I am soooooo not a creature of habits!)

x

Ohhhh where are you off to on your hols?

Glad you got some sleep.

the light chco philly sounds good hun.

Glad you found some beer you like.

Good luck with mixing the days up.

Morning morning mornin!!!
GOt out of bed at 6 am was munching melon and espresso in the garden by 0610hrs!!! Can you tell the sun is out!! lol

We are off to Portugal, Albufeira area on holidays. Just me and Ogg for 2 weeks, in the sun, so we can get our annual "blimey you two go really brown" comments in. The joy's of having some Arabian heritage somewhere back in the family bloodline (My Gran said "they're all a bit dark on your grandad's side of the family..") well yeah Gran, about 300 years ago there were Moorish slaves working for the family and one got married into the family, I'm guessing that's where the tan comes from. Bless her… she used to watch snooker and tennis in black and white and was mortified when she saw Boris Becker and Steve Davies both had ginger hair and freckles! lol

Sleep was not so long today but 4 hours is enough to run a country on so I'm ok…

Big Day for Jules today then?? WI day… everything crossed for you hope it goes well :)

RED day for me today:
Breakki: Melon (half of one, Love melon) and Espresso
Lunch: Lamb koftas and salad
Dinner: Not sure as yet… going to the cricket club with my bestie tonight so think I will keep it light.. only so much room in my stomach for fizzy water and maybe 1 Gin and T!

Have a lovely day hope it's sunny wherever any of you are xxxx

No sun here :( ... but managed to loose 10lbs at my first weigh in yay :) good start to the weekend.

Ohhhh sure you will have a lovely time in Portugal, I never tan-Very jellous :)

4 hours you are making me yawn.

I love melon too :)

have a good day and enjoy the cricket club tonight-Cheers xxxx

10lbs!!!!!!

10lbs!!!!!

Waaaaaaaaay haaaaaaaaay!!! I'm super super impressed! Just goes to show your hard work and "only walking" has paid off....

BRAVO!! :) :) :) very proud of you ;)

I'll send some sunny northern sun your way xxx

arrrrrrgh it's 6 oclock and I a)don't feel that hungry, b)I don't usually eat tea until 730-8pm and c)got to be at the cricket club for 730, where they don't do food and me n Bestie will talk the night away…

Maybe couple of Alpen light will do me instead of tea, lunch was rather a Large affair (but scrummy)… Hmmmm.

Going to get ready and then will see how I's feel…. You can tell I don't get out that much otherwise I'd have this situation sorted and in hand!!! lol
#FridayNightDilemma xx

Thanks hun.

Haha, I am in the same club, have been out since I was pregnant! can you have some toast (heb) to line your stomach ;) I would be hopeless if I went out now, I would want to be home by 10pm. God I got old!

have a lovely time, nothing like spending time with family and friends :) xxx

Ended up ful lwar paint on, some Fat Face frock i forgot I had (thankfully it fit!) didn't eat anything in the end, had 1 Gn Slimline T and diet coke< then was home by 11 ish to have another cuppa with My bestie before crashing! Excitement in our little village is all around the Cricket club friday nights apparently! lol It's a bit like League Of Gentlemen, Local Place for Local people!

Today is an EE day, had too much meat yesterday felt a bit sickly with it so being balanced today!
Brekki: Grilled tomatoes, Mushrooms with spring onion on them and bacon mahooooosive cup of tea with Hazelnut milk
Lunch: Veggie chilli and Rice
Tea: Maybe Salmon pasta and salad… Maybe! x

Hope you're having a top day xx

Haha, sounds like the place to be.

Glad you found something nice to wear, and you had a good catch up with your friend. Very good on the drinks Hun.

Like the sound of salmon pasta salads.

Do you still get HEA and HEB doing EE or is it just geen and red hun?

Saw a friend this morning they had a garage sale and we got loads of clothes for little one for when hes up to 3 :) also got the gruffalo bed set, its so cute, she buys everything from next so we got some fantastic bits :) Just cooked curry sauce for tea and have in laws coming round in a bit.

xxx

Hi
Yes on EE You get one HeXa and one Hex B.
You get to eat as much lean meat and fish and free vegetables/beans as you like and the idea is that on your plate you have a third of Superfree vegetables/fruit, compared to 2 thirds of free meat/fish/veggie and free foods. The key is to make sure you DO have a third of Superfree fresh veggies/fruit for that meal. Note that you can't for example have jacket potatoes and baked beans and then fruit salad for afters… that doesn't count, what you should be doing is to have the jacket potato, baked beans and say a salad to make up the other third on your plate. Its a very flexible plan, lets you do that thing of eating meat and starchy things as much/often as you want and then you find that your fibre intake is more regulated/consistent because each meal you would be having all that superfree food as well.

Example EE day:

Breakfast:2 Weetabix (HexB) Milk (HexA) and a banana and some blueberries
Lunch: Chicken breast, potato salad(using a SW recipe or include the syns) and a load of salad
Dinner: Gammon steak, boiled potatoes, cauliflower, broccoli and carrots (all that veg is superfree!)

You still with this example have ALL of your syns to play with! :p

Hope that was helpful xx

Gruffalo??? Loved the Gruffaloe… I used to read it to Ogg when he was teeny and when he first started talking etc he would say the last word of the page soo cute… they didn't have bedsets tho when he was teeny! V jealous :p
Brilliant when you have a friend who clears stuff out rather than just chuck it out or straight to charity shop… Ive just given my old lawnmower and rotary washing line to my pal because I no longer need them she was stoked as he hubby has been searching on ebay for a new washing line for weeks! lol

SO what are you having WITH the curry sauce??? have you told them yet about your mahooooozive loss… xxxx
Have a lovely evening with them x

Thanks hun, i wasn't sure how it all worked :) Might do some EE days when with friends.

We love the gruffalo, still need to get the book though :)

Aw, yes we are very lucky, they save a lot of items for us, means little man can have twice as much, not great with all the toys downstairs always its like an obstetrical course.

Sounds like your friends were grateful of the bits you gave them, we have just put loads of our garden stuff on freecycle and that all went :)

We had chicken katsu curry off the slimmming world site it was lovely, have planned a trip to the zoo in a few week, so lots of walking then :) no didn't say anything to them about slimming world, don't know why i feel embarrassed. maybe when i have lost enough to be noticeable which i reckon will be around 4-5 stone. we will see.

Have a good eve.

xxx

Back