The unexpected Slimming World journey of a Me who wants to fit in her size 12 pants!

You'll be surprised how quickly people will notice weight dropping off you… they'll see it in your face and you will notice it on your clothes by the time 4-5 stone is off they would have to be wearing a blindfold not to be able to tell … honestly it will happen sooner than you think.
I wouldn't say that you're embarrassed I would say that you are being selective as to when you want folk in your family to know… I'm 40 and STILL don't tell my mum how much I weigh only that "I have to lose "some" stones!' … she's given up after 20 years of trying to pry and get the details now :p

Freecycle is ace, although where I am there's not much on offer… we still have people who have no mobile phone and think broadband is a fan belt! :p

I seriously need to check out the curry recipes they do sound nice.. my friend does the chicken and spinach one… even her Yorkshire 'meat n veg' fella likes it! :p

Zoo to you too… love the zoo we went to CHester Zoo bank holiday before last, we always do .. to remember Ogg's stepdad (my late fella) he was as Ogg would say "Looked like a Grilla, trumped like a heffalump and ran like a Rhino!" have to say he is Bob on there lol.. Your walking will be the thing you get into the most I reckon and the weather is supposed to be picking up even more next week!

Hope you're chillin on the sofa seeing as its saturday n all xxx

Ha-yep i am selective who i tell :) I hope people can tell before 4-5 stone, but i just have so far to go i am not convinced, we will see :)

Yep we got a friend a table and chairs off freecycle when she moved that was good.

Chicken and spinach sounds good... Oh might get some spinach to have in our salad this afternoon, weathers good so we are having a bbq :)

Aw its sweet you do something to remember Oggs stepdad, must be a tough time though. xxxx Think Nanny and granddad are looking forward to the trip to the zoo, it will be the first time we have really all gone out together since little one, they lead very busy lives. i am waiting to hear which sun they can do.

watched some of BGT then the voice lazy sat eve. Been to car boot this morning, was a bit busy and I couldn't handle all the people. Off to homebase and shopping at sainsburys foe 1/2 syn sausages this afternoon :)

Hope it sunny up where you are and you are having a good day? xxx

BBQ …. yum. Seriously wanted to do a BBQ myself today, but seeing as there is only me at the moment, Ogg is on holiday with his dad and his wife, so there is me myself and I and i reckon I would look pretty saddo lighting the BBQ all for myself with a quorn sausage and a single beefburger! lol Another time I will.

Years ago I would have invited half the world to a BBQ at my house and done it, but have taken a big hit to my confidence since my other half passed away so I tend to resort to "keeping to oneself" mode! Daft really but it's all part of the living on my own thing I think that… when Ogg is around I get him to ask his mates over! :)

Weather has been awesome today.. I went riding this am, then quick bacon butty at my pals house , she is a fellow SW-er so all good stuff. Gallons of tea and chat….
Then only had fruit for lunch Pineapple, Cherries and banana… seriously had no appetite, but I think this maybe down to me taking my vitamin supplements for my knee, 1000mg vit C, 500 mg Vit D/Calcium and Glucosamine!!! Rattle in the morning me! lol Hope they help my knee loosen up a bit!

Tea was going to be macaroni bolognese, but changed my mind and had pasta, hot smoked salmon, bacon and Spinach… which was very very yum especially with a tablespoon of red pesto (2.5 syns) :)

Treat of the day HAS to have been a Curly Wurly (6 syns) OMG it tasted like heaven in a mouthful.. took me 30 mins to eat it … sooooo slowly I didn't want to taste to go away! lol

Brew now and a little TV before beddy bos! Might get up early tomorrow and work on either…. bike ride or starting a programme to get me running… I've always been poo at running, but I\ve always wanted to be able to do it or at least say I can run for 30 mins without bursting a blood vessel, passing out or crying on street corners! lol We'll see how I get on .. xx

Monday Monday… busy busy day somehow…
Started out Breakfast outside of pineapple, strawberris and blueberries and Coffee
Lunch was left over paster and hot smoked salmon from yesterday
Dinner is going to have to be meatballs going to use half of them for tea tonight and half in the freezer for meatball bolognese another day.
HexA is Hazelnut milk (think I have finally found a milk alternative I can stomach!)
HexB might be 2 x Alpen light but may only have one and have some bread instead and count it as 3 syns

Loving the sun more than ANYTHING so have been out in it all DAY!
It's an EE day today, in case you hadn't seen!

'In reference to "Activity" or exercise… does anyone else find that if you start something new, like a new class or you start doing something you haven't done before, that the weight loss can either not exist, weight goes on or it's a lot less than you expected? '

Excellent point! Now, I am quite new to this particular diet, but have tried just about every diet going and did this one in the old days when it was just red and green days. Every time I diet I ask myself that very question, it's really annoying isn't it especially if you've stuck to the plan. Anyway, this time I've decided NOT TO EXCERCISE and guess what, it's working!!! I think with me personally I need to concentrate on being 100% with one thing at a time and excercising and dieting at the same time sends me into a nose dive after a couple of weeks. Also, if I've excercised I'm def. more likely to up my syns because I subconsciously think I can get away with it because I've been really active. So, no planned excercise for now and I definately am finding it easier old my old willpower. Watch this space!

Well done on your loss - your posts really made me smile.

To exercise or not to exercise … the first time I did SW I lost about 5 st and didn't exercise, which was ok, but after I had had my son I wish I had exercised because I was a wreck of a human being and couldn't run around the corner without risking an aneurysm or something!! :p I did the Purple Gasping for Life air Look REALLY REALLY well ;)
I know now that if the scales 'appear' to slow down, stop or even show a gain after exercise it is just because your body is holding body weight..

I checked with a few of the muscle marys down at my gym and they spoke 'at length' about water weight! Then started parping on about protein shakes and did I want to discuss muscle structure… errr NO ta! lol :p

Way to get rid of this is to …. wait or weight for it (I must stop with the puns I sound like my Dad!)… drink more water after exercise and also to ice your muscles.. The water your body holds onto after exercise contains the white cells that repair the microscopic tears in your muscles… if you ice them (allegedly) the white cells don't need so much water! It all got a bit scientific after that so as a girl who works in IT i would suggest you google it as well! lol

I'm exercising his time because a)I'm 40 and I have to fight gravity at some point, my ass is not meant to head south, neither are Betty and Grable (boobs had to be named last week between me and friends! thats anothter story!) and b) after several years of frankly serious abuse of the drink, fags and stuff thats not good for you I need the exercise to make sure I can stay alive longer!

My will power is driven by my "stop being such an arse" opinion of myself on the one hand and my "you will look a site better than the 'plastics' school mums when you are 70!" aspiration.. yes I will be a fab 70 yr old, back covered in tattoos, red and black hair, 6 inch heels and my ass and Betty n Grable will be pert!!

Maybe dreaming, but it gives the girls at Group a giggle when we come to Body Magic xx

Hey Hun, good luck with whatever you decide to do about exercise, I plan on sticking to my walking-although not much done at mo :( then maybe join the gym minus the protein shakes :)

xxx

sorry managed to miss a chunk of your diary!

Bbq sounds good, when Ogg gets back lets hope the weathers still good and you can do when then-with his mates :)

Your meals sound nice on Sunday hun, like the gallons of tea :) plus glad you managed to go riding :)

i cant run so good luck with that :)

I keep forgetting curly wurlys-But glad you enjoyed yours :)

That milk sound nice might have to try it sometime :)

xxx

What a day… Soo much sun… so bought some plants, did some washing and sitting on my chuff sunbathing!
Food today has been GREEN… only because I bought some proper italian pasta from our local deli.. Yummy

Breakfast: Cherries, banana, weetabix x2 HexB, Hazelnut milk Hex A (some of it the other part used in brews!)
Lunch: Pasta and pesto red 2.5 syns
Dinner: 2 x Linda Mccartney frozen sausages 4 syns in total, baked potato, baked beans and light cheddar Hex A

Supper: SUNBURNT shoulders! lol

Hope everyone is all ok and well and enjoying this weather x

Weigh in tomorrow night… sooo want to get that 2.5lbs off then I will have hit 2 stone mark!

Good luck for the weigh-in tonight :D:D

Hmmm… thank you for the good luck but think I blew it the week before!!! only half off this week, although Off is Off no matter what! Think it's star week too, but I never know because I am about as regular as a clock with half a cog!!
It maybe be because I mixed EE with Red and Green, but the intention to mix it up didn't quite work so this week is red week so will see what results I get next week… I NEED my 2 st sticker. My friend and I have decided that we actually only go for the stickers not about losing weight really just the shiney stickers!!! :p lol - we'er so lame at times :p

ANyway… just done 4 mile walk with the dog… including school run, tempted to go out on my bike now too ( I LOVE this weather!)
Going to see Eddie Izzard tonight in Manchester but missing Callanetics class so not too happy about that.. need to work out when the Piloxing class starts its regular slot too as I LOVE that! :p

Hope everyone enjoys the sun.. TTFN see ya later! xx

Hope Eddie made you laugh, I saw him a few years ago and nearly wet my pants he was so funny.

Still 100. % on plan, thinking i may start excercise, i do have a gym membership so really should use it. I just find excuses not to go.
Someone in work today noticed I'm getting thinner, wat a difference it makes, I was so chuffed.

Eddie Izzard was the BOMB! cried laughing… my friend turned to me a couple of times and just said… "nope no I've lost him… what's he on about?"
I went to see him a million years ago in Preston and I was so glad my pelvic floor muscles were in working order… Love him to pieces brilliant gig highly recommended! :p

Didnt go out on my bike after all yesterday as I realised I had appointments needing going to then the school run and then explaining the Rules of MY house to my mother, who was babysitting. Like most mums she KNOWs what to do but also like most mums does not appreciate that this is my house and my child and these are MY rules! I threw the line back to her I always used to here as a teenager "MY HOUSE…. MY RULES!" she wasn't dead impressed lol.

Yesterdays food was crap… Amounted to a red day where I had bacon and an Alpen light bar all day… then a pint of lager (grim watered down M.E.N lager at that!). Just had zero appetite all day, and I know there is a school of thought that says you should ALWAYS eat your meals but I am from the school of thought that says eat when your body tells you it's time to eat and yesterday it didn't need feeding!!! SO it didn't! I'll live! That an when it's * week I almost binge the week before and then I lose all appetite the week of?!! go figure!

did a sneaky weigh in on my scales this am "just to see" if I was on track for losing more than a packet of sweets worth of weight next weigh in… showed up 14 st 3… :p So if I keep being extra good and drinks lots of water I reckon that for an evening weigh in I can get at least my 2lbs off to get my next shiney sticker! TOld you its ALL about the stickers! xxx

Have the most glorious day in the sun.. I'm orf to walk the dog and get rid of this raging PMT stomach ache!!! ttfn.. xxxx

Eddie Izzard show sounds like it was a hoot. I'm with you on not eating if I'm not hungry - doesn't happen to me very often, but when it does I always think it's my body telling me it needs a rest. Good luck for the rest of the week.

Found it again :)

Sounds like you have been having a good time and loving the sunshine :) xxx

Eddie Izzard show sounds like it was a hoot. I'm with you on not eating if I'm not hungry - doesn't happen to me very often, but when it does I always think it's my body telling me it needs a rest. Good luck for the rest of the week.
Ha Ha if ONLY my body would have told me to give it a rest ages ago then I wouldn't be doing SW!! Oh well.. off to the cricket club with various children, one of them mine .. I hope, and to get the local gossip from the growed up at the bar! Tiniest village in the world where the farmers new wellies makes news! lol xx

Found it again :)

Sounds like you have been having a good time and loving the sunshine :) xxx

SUnshine makes ALL the difference to me… in winter I get really rather down because I can't go out and play, but sunshine does something to the endorphins in the brain to give you that feel better factor!

Hope you have had some sun and that it's cheered you a little hunny xxx

I keep getting hungry but for the wrong foods. I go through the cupboards and all the things I'm craving are not free. Today I weighed and measured the various things I was craving and quickly decided for the merge amount for the syn allowance it just wasn't worth it. I'm still very motivated to stick to this for a change so there's no way I'm blowing it for a measly slice of French stick or a double decker! Made a coffee and put a sweetener in it for a change and turned my back on the kitchen, it felt good :)

I keep getting hungry but for the wrong foods. I go through the cupboards and all the things I'm craving are not free. Today I weighed and measured the various things I was craving and quickly decided for the merge amount for the syn allowance it just wasn't worth it. I'm still very motivated to stick to this for a change so there's no way I'm blowing it for a measly slice of French stick or a double decker! Made a coffee and put a sweetener in it for a change and turned my back on the kitchen, it felt good :)

You should try carrying around a bottle full of water with you.. drinking lots of water curbs your appetite long enough for your sensible side of your head to make you choose the right thing. :) ALso having a fridge full off little bags of chopped up carrots, apples, strawberries etc free and superfree food tends to help… another trick it with Healthy extras like cheese is to measure out your allowance and put it in a bag in the fridge for the next day… I was one of those people who would be caught gnawing on a block of cheese in the car park at tesco before I even put the trolley back! :p

Thing about the french stick and or the double decker moments in our lives, because we all have them, is sometimes (emphasis on the SOME there, ie, not Every or ALL!) give into them… the psychology of a good eating plan is to regulate treats and understand that even super models whose job it is to keep skinny etc can be seen munching on a Big Mac meal WITH a banana milkshake AND an apple pie and a chocolate muffin…

Deny yourself of everything and your inner rebel will win the battle when you least expect it and then you will not just fall off the wagon, but you will fly off, and go under the 17 other wagons (wagon wheels too maybe! ;) )on the way. If you consciously accept that 'Double Decker' Moment then you will go back to plan once you have scoffed it, savoured it, remembered it and loved every second of it!! (DOes it show that I like chocolate???? I'm not sure lol )

The best success about this diet, having done it successfully twice now, is that you have be conscious of what it is you are eating. Most of us put weight on when we don't pay attention to it, and just fill our faces when we feel hungry rather than stop for a second and ask ourselves if a)are we really hungry or are we thirsty, bored or feeling emotional, b) what are we hungry for, veg, meat, starches, fruit etc and c) How hungry are you… can it wait til the next meal, is it a snack, or is it just to sniff a big bar of galaxy because you miss the smell! :p

you're heading in the right direction.. weight off! xxxx all good

Back