the ups n downs to come!!

Miss H

A bit about me...

I'm 26, have a lovely bf, family, friends, a good job, own place, i should be happy... but im not, my weight gets to me, in work i feel it lets me down and could stop me progressing further, im good at my job and have been given fantastic opportunaties, but i dnt feel i deserve them sometimes?!? surely a skinny person would be better is how my mind works!
In home life, i used to be a party animal, always the life and soul of the party, since the last few stone have gone on, i avoid social events, if we go out clubbing i feel everyone is looking at how big i am etc, so i now avoid these events as much as possible!!

I want my life back!!

I have tried every diet possible, including hypnotherapy!! nothing has given me long term results, the odd loss, then a sts, then a gain, n i give up!! i know they work for others but i think cos i have a lot to loose it demotivates me and i give up!!

I decided back in December that my weight had gotten out of control, i was the heaviest i have ever been (18.11), i had gained another stone and a bit n dont like it, but it was christmas and i had a lot of food events planned n into early Jan, so i had always said my start date would be after my best friends birthday 25th Jan. So i have lurked and read some amazing diaries waiting for my time to start, there are some truely amazing people here and i think you have truely inspired me to get my head in the right place for this!!

I actually started on her birthday in the end, so this is my 5th day on the diet!!

My boyfriend has also decided to do CD to loose some weight, its nice for the support n means i dont have to cook at all, so we are a food free house atm!! I cant see him being on it more than a month tho, his willpower isnt good!!

I have done cambridge a few times in the past, i know it works with amazing and quick results, but every other time i have self sabotaged my sucess, id loose weight n then have something i shouldnt?!? then id only loose 2-3 lbs n think i could do this on ww/sw at a much less cost n id quit!!

I'm not sure what is different this time, be it being heavier than ever, or that I planned my start and had to wait, i usually decide im doing it n start in a few days so no chance to think it through!! but my head feels like something has clicked, i have sailed through the first 4 days with no headaches, no real hunger, drinking 3 ltrs of water n 4 cups of tea with skimmed milk (i cant give food and tea up lol) i have suffered with moods tho :rolleyes:, i only ever remember starting CD and feeling like ****, that prob dint help me cheating on other occasions!!

So i am feeling really positive about this diet and hope my mindset remains, i just keep telling myself, nothing will taste as good as skinny feels!!

the true result will be in Tuesday pm weigh in, i am a sneaky weigher and its looking good so far!! lol

Hi Miss H! :wavey:

Welcome back to the wonderful world of Cambridge. You sound really focussed and determined - and you're off to a great start!

And you know, that thing about, "I could lose 2-3 pounds a week on X diet - why bother with Cambridge?"

It's a trick - don't listen to your head when it says that, okay? Cos it's not true. It can't be true, otherwise you'd be doing that other diet. We conveniently forget that we cheat when we're doing other diets, forget that there are weeks where we stay the same or 'only' lose a pound.

All diets work if you stick to them (eventually) but Cambridge will get you where you want to be faster. Just keep that in mind, okay?

Hope you're having a good weekend!

Hi Miss H! :wavey:

Welcome back to the wonderful world of Cambridge. You sound really focussed and determined - and you're off to a great start!

And you know, that thing about, "I could lose 2-3 pounds a week on X diet - why bother with Cambridge?"

It's a trick - don't listen to your head when it says that, okay? Cos it's not true. It can't be true, otherwise you'd be doing that other diet. We conveniently forget that we cheat when we're doing other diets, forget that there are weeks where we stay the same or 'only' lose a pound.

All diets work if you stick to them (eventually) but Cambridge will get you where you want to be faster. Just keep that in mind, okay?

Hope you're having a good weekend!

Thanks Lily,

yes i have finally realised any diet takes committment and focus and diet x will take longer, and hasnt worked before, CD has worked for me all be it with cheats, its the thing that caugh me out before, im not falling for that one again!!

today was going well, untill i just chucked my shake all over the rug!! :eek: ahhh!! - gave up n had a pre done one for ease!!

I'm blaming it on diet brain, but just realised after tuesday 1st weigh in this Tuesday PM I wont be weighed by my CDC for 3 weeks!!! shes on holiday and we've had to order in 3 weeks worth this week to cover us.....

I was officially weighed by CDC Tuesday PM at 19.01 I weighed myself Weds AM at 18.11 3/4 so I could c the results on my own scales, so as I'm not going to see the CDC I am going to update here based on my Wed AM weigh ins so I can see consistent results, I'm sure the difference between ours was AM-PM difference as I had eaten all day Tues before seeing her lol

2 days till WI...... hoping for a few more lbs to dissapear!!

Good luck and stay strong!

thanks ladies, yea its helping so far, and healthy competition lol

he wld usually sit n eat tea n buiscuits while im dieting n id cave n have one, so this way there are no bad foods in the house, we planned our start so the cupboards r pretty empty lol

Good luck with your first WI and for the rest of your CD journey what a lovely bf you have to be doing it with you. Your head and your heart seems to really be in it this time so tell yourself you are going to do it!!!!

thanks yolande, yea hes a good one lol tho dnt think he will stick it out as long as i need to but the start is always the worst!! im settled into it now and have the focus so hopefully it will be a smooth journey!!

well done on ur losses too.

Thanks got my 3rd WI tomoz =) Yeah the start is the worst!! Thats why i dont even want to cheat cos i DO NOT want to go through those first few days again.. I have failed on every other diet i have ever tried and this is the first time i feel so focused that i will see this out to the end!! Long way to go for me but i say bring it on!! =D

Oh good luck for tomo!!
Thats the worst feeling knowing u have to face them first few days, thinking of it like that may help me with temptation lol

Hi. I've just read through your diary & so much of it rings true with me. It's nice to know you're not the only one ..... Which in most of real life you feel you are.
I'm on my second go too having been successful before but putting it all (and more!) back on. But, like you, I'm determined to change things.
Good luck with your first weigh in. I'm sure the results will keep you motivated xxx

Thanks and i look very forward to hearing your loss on tuesday night.

hi sykesy

iv felt alone in this big fat bubble of mine with my weight effecting my life for so long, its lovely to know (in a weird way) that others have felt the same, i feel stronger for knowing i am doing something about it, but sad that i let it get this out of control and that its taken so long for me to pop the buble!!

i think we are all very brave in taking the plunge into CD as its a scary world n not for the faint hearted!! it takes a lot of willpower n committment to do this n everyone on here is so insparational n knowing we r real people n will have slips, but nothing in life is plain sailing, including loosing weight!!

this is about my 4th time on CD, 1st time i lost quite a bit then thought i could survive n i did for a while, last cpl of times have been half hearted n i cheated n lost a bit but neve felt in the right place for it, this time is so different and its working beautifully!

good luck on ur journey x

bit of an odd 24 hours, iv really craved kfc, the BBQ wrap thingy!! so much so i made myself feel hungry?!?!

first official WI and ........ 9lbs of fat gone!!

thats more than most new born babies!!!!!

the loss was against her scales, so i will update ticker to mine, tho we are only 1lb different from mine this am to hers pm!! they were 3lbs different on 1st WI

feeling good with that result, n now have my 3 weeks worth so no excuses as iv just bloody paid for it all!! lol

Well done!! I weigh myself on mine but i use my CDC as my official WI because her scales will be the ones that will determine when i'm at goal. Also, remember you put on a few lbs in water weight throughout the day. So am and pm will be different results x

thanks, its purely cos shes now away for 3 weeks so want to know actual losses in that time, as they arent far off now (1lb difference) it wont make much difference but my start weight was quite different, 4lbs.

so its been a weird week and a bit, family ill health shock, and a few occasions of food!!

on the whole i have been doing SS, if i have had food its been my choice and i have chosen to do this diet my way, i cant put life on hold for CD and if something comes up then i will deal with it in a sensible way. if i say no totally to food i will just give up, so i would rather have a few slow loss weeks wen i choose to let life b than to give up altogether!! i have made some sensible decisions and turned down treats so im proud of me still.

so i weigh in tomorrow morning, a day earlier than usual, we have planned a valentines meal, we have totally given up our usual life of eating out a couple of times a week so this is our treat AND he has offered to cook, i wasnt fused on the meal but the boyf wants to so this we shal do.

From weds I then plan to be back to ss/ss+ when needed

this is the stage i would usually just give up, a 3lb loss on no food isnt good BUT i have cheated the diet, and on a conventional diet this would be a gain! i am still focused and will get there but in my own way!! some of you may not agree but its working for me and i am committed to loosing this weight my style!!

life needs to carry on whilst im on this diet and all the time i am loosing its working for me :)

Back