The Wanderer Returns....

Zosaphine

Fed up of being fat!
Hi All

Well, i've had the kick up the proverbial that I needed, and started back on Atkins Tuesday afternoon :)

I started at the beginning of the year, lost 13lbs the first month, went on holiday & that was the end to that attempt to lose weight, and it's all gone back on :hide:

Well, we've just booked a cheap summer break for early Sept, i've decided i'm not going to be the really fat one on the beach amongst all the petite French women, so have decided to stick to it this time - hurrah!

I had a really cr@ppy headache yesterday evening, woke up with the remnants of it this AM, but drinking lots to try & clear it.. hopefully this means i'm well on the way to being back into Ketosis :)

The Husband is also trying to lose weight, but has devised his own diet, lots of fruit, soup & wholemeal rolls for lunch & (one of my 'stick it in the freezer & promptly forgotten about') WW meals in the evenings...

He thinks Atkins is just a faddy diet - he tried it years ago, got to the Atkins Flu headache day, caved in & had fish & chips PMSL!

His belief that this is a faddy diet, is really spurring me on to lose the weight I need to.

I'll post in the 'What i'm eating today' thread, and am also thinking of writing a blog of my weight loss journey, so if anyone's interested in reading let me know :)

I'm kicking myself that if i had stuck to my New Years Resolution, i could be well on my way to reaching my goal weight by now.. Lesson learnt though - onwards & upwards!

welcome back ............ glad you have a holiday to aim for ! good luck xx

Welcome back:)

both myself and hubby slightly worried in jan that this was a faddy diet when we both started. Now total converts - never eaten so well and spent as much (fun) time on cooking nice fresh food. DH is also now a skinny minny altho i've got a way to go. Even when i have drinking weeks and sts - the amount of rubbishy cheap carbs that i haven't shovelled in my face makes me feel good! :D

Back