the week two blues

greentea

hey i just joined the forum to try and get motivated at the start of my second week.
i started last week and went to the pop in day midweek and got weighed, was over the moon i had lost 9lbs, but at my weekly weigh in last night i hadnt lost anything else. So at the moment im feeling a bit demotivated about everything, anyone got any advice.

thanks
greentea:confused:

Greentea - you lost (lbs):clap::happy096::happy036:
That is amazing in itself!
However we all know that our bodies are full of water and that is why our first loss is amazing [without being too technical - we use our glycogen stores which hold lots of HEAVY water!]
Now you are burning pure nasty evil FAT!
every pound is FAT!
YOU ARE BURNING HALF A POUND OF FAT EACH DAY!:party0023:
Just keep going with that knowledge!
It makes sense - you are gonna be slim before you know it!

Can't give you any advice hun other than to stick with it for another week and see how you do. I have my second week weigh in tomorrow too and I'm dreading it although I know I've done nothing but stick to it.

You've lost a whopping 9lbs tho!!! How good is that in such a short space of time?? Over half a stone?!!!!

I think it's still just baby steps with the plan at this early stage to see whether it suits your bod and your way of life. It's a nightmare when those scales don't tell you what you want to hear isn't it?

Come and join the September Starters thread with us and we can bounce ideas of each other and support each other as we go xxxx

hey i just joined the forum to try and get motivated at the start of my second week.
i started last week and went to the pop in day midweek and got weighed, was over the moon i had lost 9lbs, but at my weekly weigh in last night i hadnt lost anything else. So at the moment im feeling a bit demotivated about everything, anyone got any advice.

thanks
greentea:confused:

9 pounds, in one week - and you are demotivated?? :confused: That is a brilliant loss!!! Your second week will be good too - you are already well more then half a stone in one week!!! :) :) :)

The pop ins are only for the first week or two - and you then see the whole week at your weigh in. Maybe that will feel better.

But you are doing great - and its such early days - rejoice what you have done so far!!

Next time you are in a shop - hold 9 one pound bags of flour - you will be amazed. You are doing great. Hang in there and know that all weeks won't be 9 pounders! :)

xx

thanks for the replys they are making me feel better already, i know its great to lose 9lbs in the week just need to keep my motivation up as ive never lost more than a stone on any diet and im really frightened that i fail yet again

awww, you won;t fail GT. Not as long as you stick around here and let us lot keep you in check!! :D

Relax - I was the same - could never, ever (for 25 years or so) lose more then 2 stone.

I cried tears of joy when I had passed the two-mark and lost 3 stone. Then 4. Then 5. And soon 6, and so on.

This is not liuke any other diet. You WILL succeed and you WILL pass one stone - as long a you play by the rules!! :D

Back