The year I will do it!

elsmar30

2013 is going to be the year I finally get my act together and lose the 4 1/2 stones of surplus flab I've been cultivating for the past few years!! This can't go on - I'm so fed up with myself and lack of willpower when it comes down to following a healthy eating plan! I'm not looking for a miracle quick fix and I know I'm the only one who can do this for me! I'm on annual leave from Monday 14th for a week so I'll have no distractions from workmates and I have the next 3 days to sort out my 1st weeks menus and shopping so I have no excuses! I can and I will do it this time!

Well - here I go again! I really do want to be successful this time and get some of this weight off me! I'm attending the doctor now because of high blood pressure and I know myself that if I was to lose some weight I would help bring my BP down! I'm feeling really scunnered (good old Scottish word for fed-up) at how much weight I've put on even since this time last year but also know that I was the one who gained it and I'm the only one who can lose it! So as I said earlier.............here I go again!

Day 1 Week 1!

Good luck elsmar, you certainly sound determined!

I'm in the same boat, having lost 6st on SW and then managed to put 3st of it straight back on again. But, I know it can be done, because I've done it before - so I will do it again!

For me, it was back pain I started to notice again - didn't get any at all when I lost the weight, but now an old niggling disc problem is beginning to show it's face again. I'm sure losing weight will help your BP - and probably very quickly. Hope you have a great first week.

Thanks Spanx - I'm sure you will too! If only they sold willpower by the bottle eh?

Looking forward to hearing how your journey goes over then next few weeks

Onwards and Upwards

Elspeth xx

Hi Elsmar, you do sound determined, and I'm sure your BP will sort itself out when you lose a bit. Well done for starting your journey. How are you finding it so far?

Hi Mandy - if I can get the first few days in then I'll be fine! This is my 3rd attempt at slimming world but I do prefer it to all the other options out there - and because I'm on holiday from work this week I should be able to stay focused without kind-hearted workmates leading me astray with takeaways and treats lol!!! Thanks for your reply and I'm looking forward to getting to know some of the folks using this brilliant support xxx

It takes 21 days to form a habit, or so they say. By that time, SW will be so ingrained that you'll naturally make better choices even when you think there are none x

Thank you - I'm sure I'll do better with the support here than on my own x

2013 is going to be the year I finally get my act together and lose the 4 1/2 stones of surplus flab I've been cultivating for the past few years!! This can't go on - I'm so fed up with myself and lack of willpower when it comes down to following a healthy eating plan! I'm not looking for a miracle quick fix and I know I'm the only one who can do this for me! I'm on annual leave from Monday 14th for a week so I'll have no distractions from workmates and I have the next 3 days to sort out my 1st weeks menus and shopping so I have no excuses! I can and I will do it this time!

1st WI and how chuffed am I with a 3 1/2 lb loss - considering I had a full day off on Friday for my friends 50th Birthday and spent the afternoon/evening in Glasgow - i even had a couple of cocktails!
Bring on week 2!

Had a blip last week and put 1lb back on - probably because I didn't write what I had down. So I'm well pleased that I managed to lose that lb plus another 1.5lbs to bring my total loss so far to 5lbs! Onwards and downwards lol xx

Well done Elspeth! Hope you have another great week. Writing your food diary out really does make a difference, it's easy to forget the odd syn or HE here or there otherwise. Plus, if you have a really good week, you can look back on it in future, maybe when things aren't going so well and see what works for you - or vice versa of course!

Thanks huni - appreciate the support x

WEEK 5 and eventually getting back on track. 3lbs off this week - woohoo!!! That's my 1st half stone off!

Just read back through my old posts and realised that 6 months down the line from this entry I'm actually heavier now than I was then!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I hate being this size and start off full of great intentions - but god knows what happens because I find myself stuffing things like kettle crisps, crusty bread and alcohol down my throat before a weeks gone by!! I stopped smoking 13 years ago and am proud to say I have never had even a thought of sabotaging that achievement - so why oh why do I constantly fail at getting my weight problem under control!!!!

Grrrrrrrrrr ? - wish motivation and willpower was sold by the bottle! Hey ho - starting over again - thanks for listening folks xxxx

Good luck :)
I know what u mean I lost 6 stone last year but put 3 stone back on :-( its such a vicious circle. Im determined this is my year and we WILL finish the job :-D
I just keep telling myself everytime I reach for the naughty stuff.

" NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS SKINNY FEELS"

Look forward to hearing your success xx

It's hard elsmar - if it were easy, we'd all be a size 10!

Take each day at a time, reward yourself for being good - not necessarily with food though! Find out what works best for you...for me it's clothes - I've got a pair of skinny jeans that I just about managed to get into when I last reached target and I've taken a photo of them which is now my wallpaper on my phone. So every time I look at my phone, I'm reminded of my goal.

You know you've got the willpower, after all, you gave up smoking successfully! Try not to think of SW as a diet, but as a healthy way of eating. Make sure you save some syns for those things you can't resist - so if that's some crisps and a slice of crusty bread, then have them, but syn them properly!

I don't eat bread on SW at all - because I know I can't stop at one slice, especially if it's crusty bread. So I've cut it out completely - don't miss it any more either!

Good luck at getting back on track x

Good luck :)
I know what u mean I lost 6 stone last year but put 3 stone back on :-( its such a vicious circle. Im determined this is my year and we WILL finish the job :-D
I just keep telling myself everytime I reach for the naughty stuff.

" NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS SKINNY FEELS"

Look forward to hearing your success xx

You too - it's so easy to slip back into bad habits - Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - I need to give myself a right rolicking and get back on plan - good luck to you xxx

It's hard elsmar - if it were easy, we'd all be a size 10!

Take each day at a time, reward yourself for being good - not necessarily with food though! Find out what works best for you...for me it's clothes - I've got a pair of skinny jeans that I just about managed to get into when I last reached target and I've taken a photo of them which is now my wallpaper on my phone. So every time I look at my phone, I'm reminded of my goal.

You know you've got the willpower, after all, you gave up smoking successfully! Try not to think of SW as a diet, but as a healthy way of eating. Make sure you save some syns for those things you can't resist - so if that's some crisps and a slice of crusty bread, then have them, but syn them properly!

I don't eat bread on SW at all - because I know I can't stop at one slice, especially if it's crusty bread. So I've cut it out completely - don't miss it any more either!

Good luck at getting back on track x

Thanks for the support huni - and you're right! I need to take 1day at a time - it's taken years to get to the weight I am just now and I know I won't get rid of it again overnight. Good luck to you too - looking forward to hearing how you get on - cheers again xx

Back