There's donuts on the desk next to me... ARGH!

pink_kelly

I've just finished my lunch -

Wholemeal pita bread with a scrape of flora light and a scrape of light mayo with a filling of chicken with salad.

An activia yoghurt, a satsuma and a handfull of strawberrys.

But now someone has bought some donuts in! Argh. I must resist!!
xxx

you can do it..
just think how proud you will be when you get home later and think. i am bigger than this. i can resist and i did!!
trust me you will feel FAB!

Thank you for the encouragement - I did resist! WAHOOOO! :D And even at the end of the day someone said "there's 2 donuts left here - do you want one kelly?" and I still said no.

I'm not kidding - there's massive boxes of krispy kreme donuts next to me today. ARRRRRRRRGH I did it yesterday so I can do it today!!
xx

Can you move them away from you? Or get someone else to move them. There is no point in torturing yourself hun xxx

Yeah I might ask for them to be moved. I work in an office where there's a space next to me where goodies are always put for everyone. No wonder I'm overweight! Haha!

Do they know you're on a diet? If they do shame on them and get them sorted :p

On a serious note everyone here knows I'm on a diet but still insist on offering me things I shouldn't have. To be honest I see it as a way of showing them I can do this.

The hardest thing is 2 food vans come to our office throughout the day and regular fast food trips are taken. Everyday I have the smell of bacon butties, pasties and burgers thrown in my face. Thank god for when subway is one of them and I can actually have something :)

No they don't know - I work with mostly guys, there's 7 of us on my side of the office and I'm the only girl, so I don't really want to chat to them about it.

Over an hour into the day and I've resisted. I think I can do this. :) xxxxxxxxx

Yeah I might ask for them to be moved. I work in an office where there's a space next to me where goodies are always put for everyone
Aw, that must be really difficult for you. I'd find it so tempting if all the goodies were right next to me....
Could you perhaps have a little shift-around in the office (you could make up an excuse for why you're doing it) and find something to fill that space with, so people wouldn't be able to put all the goodies there?

I moved them away a bit - and now they've nearly all gone too. We all went out for lunch and they all had burgers and I had a jacket potato with beans and no butter with a side salad. Do you know how many calories and fat that is? xxxxxxx

I moved them away a bit - and now they've nearly all gone too. We all went out for lunch and they all had burgers and I had a jacket potato with beans and no butter with a side salad. Do you know how many calories and fat that is? xxxxxxx

I think potatoes are about 70 calories per 100g (with only a trace of fat) and it probably would've been about 300g?
Half a large can of beans is about 170 cals and 1.3g of fat.

Those figures might not be 100% accurate because you never know the exact weights/measurements of things when you eat out, but it gives you a rough idea.

Good choice though - it was probably the best thing you could've had...and well done on resisting so much temptation today!

Ahhh that's ok - About 380 calories and 1.3g fat. I came back to the office and had a activia too.

2 hours of the day left and still no donut consumption! :D

I did manage to resist - I am sooo pleased.

I have had an awful day though - as I said earlier, I'm surround by blokes and this afternoon they've been so sexist, looking through catalogues being rude about women and keep going on about strip clubs and how far the women go. Don't get me wrong - I'm no feminist - but sometimes things can be a bit too much. :(

Haha most of my friends are male though and they never behave like that. I know they were doing it to wind me up. Oh well - it's the weekend now and I go to collect our holiday tickets tomorrow. Woo :bunnydance:

Back