Theres nothing worse..

Yeah it could of course be the case for some but as you say theories aren't always proven and there are usually exceptions.
Self image could definitely be an issue adjusting to her new self and maybe finally realising how she has looked in the past maybe after possible denial. There could bee lots of reasons?
I wonder if there is an actual person involved in the op or if its just an opinion being stated?

Yeah it could of course be the case for some but as you say theories aren't always proven and there are usually exceptions.
Self image could definitely be an issue adjusting to her new self and maybe finally realising how she has looked in the past maybe after possible denial. There could bee lots of reasons?
I wonder if there is an actual person involved in the op or if its just an opinion being stated?

You are very much right, Emsie. The first thing they teach you at university, when studying any of the social sciences (sociology, psychology, criminology etc) is that people come in many shades of many colours, not only that but also "society" is constantly changing so unlike the natural sciences (chemistry, biology, maths, computer sciences etc) there are never any firm yes or no answers. This is why I love psychology, it's so interesting and varied!

Nothing annoys me more than people who are a healthy weight constantly complaining about it! Or even embarking on unhealthy diet plans cos they are so 'flabby'!!

I also studied psychology for my degree masters... what fun ..;)

I'm just finishing my 1st year as an under graduate, I totally love psychology! I'm also studying sociology and social science research skills :)

I'm just hoping that some nice boss will pay me to do my masters course when the time comes! I'm considering looking into the NHS or maybe a private health company.

The woman I was referring to is actually a really nice person except pointing out other peoples weight, def think its a self esteem thing. X

lisa2 said:
The woman I was referring to is actually a really nice person except pointing out other peoples weight, def think its a self esteem thing. X

Yup self esteem/body issues do seem to come into it.

Nothing annoys me more than people who are a healthy weight constantly complaining about it! Or even embarking on unhealthy diet plans cos they are so 'flabby'!!

Oh you just described my best friend!!! Who may i add brought chocolate to my house yesterday and left it for me to eat.......I threw it in te bin :p

Snugglepuss said:
Oh you just described my best friend!!! Who may i add brought chocolate to my house yesterday and left it for me to eat.......I threw it in te bin :p

Some friends can't handle other friends changing,been there myself along time ago when I lost weight before.

Eugh I just feel myself getting peeved when someone drops the 'oh my god I'M A WHOLE 10 STONE.' into conversation! grrr!

Eugh I just feel myself getting peeved when someone drops the 'oh my god I'M A WHOLE 10 STONE.' into conversation! grrr!

She's recently lost weight herself and is happy with her weight when she's talking to me but wants to lose another 7lb when she's talking to a mutural friend.......SO i'm dieting on my own, my own self control and no sabotours!!!

She looks really good as well but wont be told it and even if she wants to lose more, i'd support her but she doesn't want to share it with me?? I don't understand....ho hum!

I think what the OP was talking about is wrong but I think saying people shouldn't be complaining about their weight is a bit too far.

If I had thought "oh my goodness I weigh 10 stone" and done something about it then then I wouldn't have as much to lose now! When I'm not going in holiday and someone talks about theirs I don't get annoyed with them for talking about it!

Everybody is different - their height and body shape and also how confident they feel with their body - it is a completely personal thing! I'm only 5ft 2(and a half) and at 10 stone I was still on WW losing weight for my wedding and I felt completely different at 9stone 7! I know people who can eat what they want and never put a pound on but I don't hold that against them!

Minnie2be

Back