Theres nothing worse..

Minnie2be said:
I think what the OP was talking about is wrong but I think saying people shouldn't be complaining about their weight is a bit too far.

If I had thought "oh my goodness I weigh 10 stone" and done something about it then then I wouldn't have as much to lose now! When I'm not going in holiday and someone talks about theirs I don't get annoyed with them for talking about it!

Everybody is different - their height and body shape and also how confident they feel with their body - it is a completely personal thing! I'm only 5ft 2(and a half) and at 10 stone I was still on WW losing weight for my wedding and I felt completely different at 9stone 7! I know people who can eat what they want and never put a pound on but I don't hold that against them!

Minnie2be

Have to agree. I'm just under 10stone but I've just started ww because I'm slowly but surely eating my way back up to 12 stone........
This time last year I was 9st 3!!! So I'm stopping it before it becomes a problem again. It's not nice going to a meeting and having other members opening talk about how I shouldn't be there.....1 even told me I was showing them all up! Hence why I weigh at home now. X

aww lisa2!! they're so mean to you!! 1lb or 100lb from goal, everyone should be there if they want to. I go to a class where theres quite a few maintainers, and i'd never think that they didn't need to be there or pass comment on what they look like. Nor would they on me!!

Surely people in our situation should understand that for most people its a really touchy subject at the best of times!!!

Have to agree. I'm just under 10stone but I've just started ww because I'm slowly but surely eating my way back up to 12 stone........
This time last year I was 9st 3!!! So I'm stopping it before it becomes a problem again. It's not nice going to a meeting and having other members opening talk about how I shouldn't be there.....1 even told me I was showing them all up! Hence why I weigh at home now. X

That's horrid!! As hannata said, whether you're 1lb or 100lb from your target it shouldn't matter, and that's pretty shocking attitude from someone attending a group, we're all supposed to support and encourage EVERYONE, not pick and choose!!

Is it worth mentioning it to your leader, they could mention it without naming names?

lisa2 said:

I'm really sorry to hear that! Like everyone else has said on here,you have a right to be there and to treat you differently to everyone else is so wrong!

I did say to her at the time that I had lost 3 stone but had put 1 back on so wanted to stop it but she didn't seem to care.....I don't go to group now and to be honest I find it better at home. Losing weight is hard and we should be supportive to everyone x

lisa2 said:
I did say to her at the time that I had lost 3 stone but had put 1 back on so wanted to stop it but she didn't seem to care.....I don't go to group now and to be honest I find it better at home. Losing weight is hard and we should be supportive to everyone x

If you're more comfortable and happy to do it at home then it make sense.Just a shame what happened in the first place.Sad that the lady still didn't understand where you were coming from after you explained it to her.And well done to you anyhow for stopping that weight creeping back on! Wish I'd done the same.Am getting back down now though :0)

My WW leader talked about how she had gone to one group and had a negative comment she'd lost 9 stone and was looking great but needed to maintain.
I think that people who make such comments can only be jealous of the progress you have made.

Baggiesles said:
My WW leader talked about how she had gone to one group and had a negative comment she'd lost 9 stone and was looking great but needed to maintain.
I think that people who make such comments can only be jealous of the progress you have made.

Sad but true!

Back