They say you can't tickle yourself?

Maximus

Gold Member
Something to do with the brain knows and anticipates your every move unlike when someone else does it, therefore, supposedly you can't tickle yourself.

So, as you do, I tried to disprove this theory (reminds me of the summer holiday 1980 when I spent 6 weeks trying to lick my own elbow because I was told it was impossible! - which it was, by the way).

Anyway, tickling the soles of your feet with a feather is really ticklish, but that is indirect contact.

So.... try this one. The roof of your mouth is very, very sensitive, as it the tip of your tongue. Try sombining a meeting of the two!** Don't try it in public (filthy looks from bus drivers) but it drives you mad - especially the front of the palate, just behind the teeth!

I remember when I used to spend Saturdays in the gym or researching new SW recipés lol.

:eek:

** it has to be your own tongue and not a partners. That's a whole new website and beyond the scope of SW.....

I can't believe I just tried to lick my elbow:eek: NOT POSSIBLE!

My feet are stupidly ticklish and I can't bear to have them touched.

But I can actually tickle myself by lightly touching the soles. Much to my mothers disbelief!

My little boy happily tickles his own feet and laughs like a loon, has to say "tickle tickle tickle" as he is doing it though :)

Back