Things that made my first week fly in...

Some brilliant tips girls thanks, I'm on day two and so far so good ha ha !!, so for the hot drinks its as simple as just adding hot water?,,,Vixenbuffy your actually tempting me towards the soup! xx

Hi, I am just finishing day 1. Tried the choc shake for lunch and the chicken soup for dinner. Couldnt even finish either of them and am wondering if I can do this?? I dont mind the not eating and the water is fine but I am just starving myself really and I know that cant last long. Are the other shakes any better? I see people have mentioned a sweetener - which one is okay to use ?

First week done, nearly finished second week

REally pleased with my first week, I lost 11 lbs.

Does it get easier though, i'm still getting hunger pangs afternoon and evening. Is there anything I can do about this?

hi all fairly new to the site
after week one i was lost 10lbs
found this site good for support etc
can anyone tell me how much exercise is permitted per day? dont want to do too much and bugger up the diet just what is safe

Hi everyone, thanks for the good advice. I especially like the one of choc powder into coffee to use as a creamer. I tried a spoon of it in coffee this morning and made the rest into a shake. Well, I meant to make a mousse but it was still a bit runny. Do you need to put it in the fridge for a while.

I was delighted to be able to do up my trousers this morning too, still got a long way to go, but this is the first diet I have seen results like this. I wasnt sure I'd be able to stick it, but this is day 4 and Im not doing so badly, although last night I really wanted a tiny piece of cheese when I was making dinner for the family.

I used to see breath strips a lot but haven't seen any now that I'm looking for them.

hi thanks for all this advise its really made me feel better about sticking to it it always gets to the point inbetween lunch n dinner that i feel worse n wanna eat plus no help when my brother orders pizza i think il jus stick tp my bedroom think its best if i dont see it lol its only my second day and think il try the hot chocolate tonight sounds like a good change x

there really good tips!!!

hey just wondering.:bunnydance:..im really sick like i have the flu, can i take vit c, and flu drinks??:cry:
:talk017:

:bunnydance:

Last edited:
first week ideas

I've just finished my first week and it went well for me - didn't want/need to cheat and am feeling great after losing my first 7 pounds. The biggest help for me has been positive thinking (see http://www.minimins.com/lipotrim-forum/43345-thought-provoking.html#post642945) along with...

Week 1 ideas

1)
:waterbottle: Drink loadsa fluids esp water:
it really staves off the hunger and boosts your losses on the scales (good for ya too;)) I like the sparkling kind of h2o and peppermint tea with hermesetas.

2) :peep:Focus on/Count down to weigh in:scale::
You'll feel fab after your first weigh in too - the results no matter what they are, will spur you on to greater weight loss. Remember to update your details on minimins as this helps motivate too.

3) :wow:Funk up your shakes/soup:
Add other permitted flavours to your food packets to make them more interesting and palatable.
eg. cold mint tea in choc=mint choc shake,
coffee in vanilla shake=morning latte (hot),
crushed ice & cinnamon in strawberry=refresher shake,
curry powder & pepper=spicy chicken soup (hot)

4) :secret:Blog or keep a diary & visit this forum:
this is esp good if you're obsessing or fantasising about food. Use it to rant and come up with ideas that will help you understand the causes for being overweight. You'll have a lot of extra time on your hands by not having to worry about food choices for yourself or preparing food (unless you need to prepare for others that is-see 5).

5) :eating:If preparing food for others:
Remind yourself this is just a temporary situation to enable you to reach a healthy weight so that you can in the future eat what you're preparing in healthy moderation etc. This programme is NOT forever, just a while til you get healthier and sexier!
Use the opportunity of preparing food for others to learn healthier recipes etc. Many people in first couple of weeks simply run out of the kitchen once the dinner's ready - evasive tactics :character00201:might well help esp at the beginning.

Hope this adds to the wealth of informaton on here already and pls excuse any unintentional repetition.

REMEMBER to ask questions:help2: This is what the forum is for!

May the force be with you:D

Fi

Thanks for the tips!!

Hi everyone

I'm in my first week on the stuff. Braved a peanut 'flapjack'. Uurgh never again!! The chicken soup I managed but it seems very salty - has anyone else thought that?

Thanks for tips, particularly the mint tea in the chocolate shake - will definately give that a try! I've thought of freezing some in my ice-lolly maker to see if it works. That way I can make one up & take it to work - then I'm not tempted to eat something else when I go home for lunch... Has anyone tried this?

Day 4 and beginning to struggle - dread going home knowing that I need to cook the dinner and I cant eat anything. :-(

Any suggestions?

Is it worth me trying to make one of these muffin things or the crisps??

x

Hi RoseyRoo1983
I was there last week and I didnt think I would cope, but once I got my self control back and the realisation that it wasnt for ever not having food, then it passed.
I have to make meals for my husband and it is getting easier as I know this is only temporary, and that keeps me going, as does the fast weight loss.
I wish I could give more advice; I am sure others are better as have been doing it for longer, but I just let it pass and came to the realisation that this will happen from time to time, but being thinner is better! Remember, eating food only lasts a few minutes, but stays on the hips a while longer!!! And, just think of all your hard work will have been in vain! Just keep being positive and looking to the future.

Hope this helps :eek:

Thanks Scotsmist - I know you are right. It will all be worth it in the end but it really is hard. I really miss actually chewing!!

Hi guys!
I'm currently on my 4th day and haven't really had any problems following the diet. I really like the chocolate & strawberry shakes though! I don't really like the vanilla ones but I think I might try adding coffee to it.....hopefully that works!

I thought you weren't allowed to add pepper to the chicken soup one? My pharmacist said not to....so is it allowed or not?

Oh! I have found one tip. I really miss my chewing gum....so I chew on a straw when I'm at home. Haha. Somehow it helps! Thanks for the tips everyone! :)

Hi guys
I get round the chewing by making up my shakes with crushed ice and a little water only. The ice makes me crunch ;-) I know its probably not good for the teeth, but having my jaw move helps with the boredom of just sipping all the time!
Scotsmist!

Why can't you chew sugar free gum ?

Because it will knock you out of ketosis.
I use the listerine breath strips though....not the same as gum...but it helps! :)

I have just ordered some from Ebay the listerine ones. Think the lad at my chemists doesn't know what he is doing then cos he told me as long as it sugar free it ok.

things that helped my first weeks

One thing that really helped me through the first week was sleep believe it or not. I went to bed for naps especially around the evening meal-time and went to bed much earlier than usual. I was exhausted so I needed the rest but actually I found the napping when my partner was cooking/eating helped me get used to the smells and not eating food.

Then I'd come down and have my soup with curry powder and mentally trick myself I was having a meal too!!!

This worked brilliantly for getting used to the diet.

3 weeks on I'm doing fine around cooking and others eating it. I actually enjoy cooking again and watching people eat it - kind of voyeuristic I guess:eek::D

Another thing which really helped me was having an evening shower and using the Bodyshop's cocoa body butter on my skin afterwards. It smells so heavenly it's kind of like having a desert but without the calories!!!

Fi

x

Just to add another tea we can drink, redbrush is ok to drink. Its caffeine free and its a leaf tea. Not sure if its an acquired taste but I like it.

Julie xx

I bought red bush yesterday, it is deffo an aquired taste ha ha

Back