Things that made my first week fly in...

So far to go

Hi All,

My first day on lipotrim today, and I must admit I am finding it hard...I am so hungry, all I can think about is food! (I guess until ketosis kicks in I will be) but I am going to stick with it I am determined. The thing I am finding hardest at the moment is the fact that I have to live on these shakes for god knows how long and only had the choc and vanilla so far and they taste pretty much the same! :-( Might try some of the variations, Choc mint, coffee vanilla etc. With regards to the tea's I too have been drinking peppermint tea but also found that green tea is nice - has some great health benefits too!

I hope this gets easier!

Hi all,

I'm on day 9 of the LT programme & have been reading all the posts for inspiration. Trixie's post made me think about tactics for surviving the long haul. Working within the field of cognitive behavioural therapy I’m aware on a daily basis how important it is to challenge your negative thoughts and try to substitute them for more rational ones. More importantly & I think the key for this diet is to live in the present, not dwell on how long I will have to not eat for. If I have negative thoughts of having to be on LT until Feb I try to think I’ll just get through today and if I really need to I’ll have a dinner tomorrow. This helps in 2 ways, 1 you trick your brain into thinking your doing something about how bad you are feeling & 2 you stick to the diet and don't break in a moment of weakness. By the next day I usually feel better and really glad I managed to stick to the diet the day before.

Hope this helps

xx

Hi all,

I'm on day 9 of the LT programme & have been reading all the posts for inspiration. Trixie's post made me think about tactics for surviving the long haul. Working within the field of cognitive behavioural therapy I’m aware on a daily basis how important it is to challenge your negative thoughts and try to substitute them for more rational ones. More importantly & I think the key for this diet is to live in the present, not dwell on how long I will have to not eat for. If I have negative thoughts of having to be on LT until Feb I try to think I’ll just get through today and if I really need to I’ll have a dinner tomorrow. This helps in 2 ways, 1 you trick your brain into thinking your doing something about how bad you are feeling & 2 you stick to the diet and don't break in a moment of weakness. By the next day I usually feel better and really glad I managed to stick to the diet the day before.

Hope this helps

xx

Thank you really helpful. When I think how long I have to go it feels like climbing Everest, but I'll just take one day at a time.

I take 1 week at a time, always looking forward to my Monday WI. I will also be on Lipotrim for many months, but it is a small price to pay for a new me!

i am starting this monday on liprotrim, so delighted to come across this site, had heard some bad stories about liprotrim and was terrified , but this site has relaxed me. i am going to the chemist to collect my stuff tomorrow, i really need for this to work for me, i am carrying a lot of weight. wish me luck

Good luck Lizzie123 just take it one day at a time and you will soon be in ketosis it is a brilliant died and well worth the effort and determination needed.

thanks scamp, started today, i am doing okay, do you have any tips, had the chocolate shake this morning, not a lover of it, how do you take your drinks, could do with some help, really need for it to work

the thing that got me to WI 1 was weighing myself every morning, i was 1-2 lbs lighter everyday, thought my scales were broke.lol. at WI id lost a whole stone. i dont weigh myself as much now, twice a week. the thought of going to the chemist on monday always keeps me going. if i have a weak moment i come on here and chat to all the lovely supportive people and soon change my mind.
stick with it, its so worth it.

x x

thanks for all your ideas to jazz up the lipotrim shakes! am on my 2nd day of the diet and at times 2day am feeling extremely hungry!!:eek: please cld you tell me if this feeling will stop, and when?!! Thanx for any advice you can give me.

hi everyone im just about to start my second week and i am sooo gonna try all of the above mentioned ways !!! they all sound delish!! thanks everyone xxx

i read on the LL forum that you can mix a choc packet with a little water (like you are making the mouse)....smooth it onto some greaseproof paper and bake it for a couple of minutes and it comes out like a biscuit? I dont know if anyone has tried this but i think its worth a shot!

If you do a search on Receipes for LT there is a fantastic post that lists lots of ideas on how to 'cook' the shakes. Though technically you are not meant to do that to them as it can destroy some of the vitamins and nutrients.

However, given that I have tried the Chicken Soup Stuffing receipe and it was absolutely disgusting. Once cooked it was a bit like Suet Pudding in texture but the taste was awful. It was so salty like there were pounds of salt in it - I had to put it in the bin. Am not keen on trying the chocolate version just yet :D :D

Lol, I did the crisps with chicken soup but they were awful too!
Im going to give tho choco one a try tonight...will let you know how it turns out!!

I know I'm mre than likely repeating others' advice but I'm just trying to help so here goes...
1) WATER -The water stick has beaten everyone to death I know but it is bloody magic! Think of it as a gift from the Diet Dumbledore.

2)Coffee -obviously only if you like coffee but adding a tsp of coffee and a sweetener to the vanilla shakes -blended with ice -made it feel like i was enjoying an iced latte - YAY!

3) See above with chocolate shake and make it an iced mocha ;)

4) making the 'hot chocolate' actually palatable - blend the shake with a little cold water until its a paste and then top up in my big mug with boiling water -add a sweetener if you like. Its actually very very comforting - I sit down on front of the tv or with a book and really enjoy it - I actually look forward to it now!

5) Add a spoonful of coffee to make a hot mocha. Same with the vanilla -actually better with the vanilla to make a lovely creamy latte -great for waking me up and filling me up in the morning.

6) I'm not a big fan of the strawberry shakes so just blend them with ice and a sweetener and woopwoop! decent strawberry milkshake.

7) with the 'lattes' (it sounds more exciting to call them that lol) I have actually split the sachet to make two from it -one in the morning and one to cover that mid-morning slump. It really helps me to think I've have myself a little treat to get me through the day.

I hope I've helped someone stick at least another day on their diet.

GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY!!!!1:D:D:D

Hi all, I would like to add to what blackrose suggested using peppermint tea cooled add sweetner if desired and add choc shake and there you have a choc mint shake !! yummy :) I've tried all variations love them all. I also love coffee with vanilla. hope that helps. Good Luck everyone.

the thing that got me to WI 1 was weighing myself every morning, i was 1-2 lbs lighter everyday, thought my scales were broke.lol. at WI id lost a whole stone. i dont weigh myself as much now, twice a week. the thought of going to the chemist on monday always keeps me going. if i have a weak moment i come on here and chat to all the lovely supportive people and soon change my mind.
stick with it, its so worth it.

x x

Wow thats amazing !! well done you must be so proud of your self. It's a great feeling when you lose weight there is so much choice with clothes you feel really good about your self been there worn the t shirt but for me unfortunately due to a lot of stress I gained my weight back :cry:really hoping to lose more this time a keep it off for good.good luck with your sucess.

On day 4 of my 3rd attempt at this. I came off it earlier in the year in time to go to a wedding and then kind of lost the motivation to start again. Am determined this time to stick to it and make it to my target weight.

Different flavour suggestion: If you mix 1/2 a pack of strawberry with 1/2 pack of vanilla it makes a creamier tasting shake...makes the vanilla more palatable.

Different flavour suggestion: If you mix 1/2 a pack of strawberry with 1/2 pack of vanilla it makes a creamier tasting shake...makes the vanilla more palatable.

Oh god id be so scared to put 2 together i still havnt tried peppermint tea in the chocolate shake haha or the mousse and it took me 6 weeks to try the chocolate one hahaha!

Welcome back hun. Has it been easier starting again or harder?

Thats great to know!! I've just started the lipotrim today and I love peppermint tea......didn't know I could still have it. I feel a choc mint one coming on for my tea!!!
Any tips for staying motivated in these first few days coz I have a lot to loose and trying hard not to give up. I'm 40 in February and ssssooo want to be alot smaller (and healthier!!) than I am now.
You all sound really nice and supportive by the way....so glad I found this site!! XX

this site is the biggest tip i could give you hun.it's amazing!

keep focusing on that first weigh in to get you through this week.once you see a brilliant loss that will keep you motivated for the next week.

good luck x

Hey, just started LT today, thanks for the tips, have already been trying to get used to green tea so good to know I don't have to stop drinking it as its supposed to be really good for you :)

Have tried the chocolate shake with some coffee, boiling water and a sweetener...it will be my new lunchtime treat I think!

Thanks again!

(P.S. I've done my "ticker" thing, but how do I put it into my posts???)

Back