Things that made my first week fly in...

Think I might try the hot choc with peppermint tonight, sounds good!
I love peppermint tea and have just tried Twinings green tea with mint- it's a completely different mint taste so that's another drink for me!

My fave so far is cold vanilla with coffee and sweetner. Lovely!
Actually, I like all 3. The soup is terrible but at least it means it takes ages to eat!

Thanks for all the tips!

I dont like chicken soup at the best of times.....drinking this stuff, reminds of the chicken soup you get out of vending machines....does anyone else think it's salty or is that just me????

It was just the most weird tasting concoction ever! Watery thin yet sickly, powdery and didn't taste of anything other than pooh!!
I'm not sure who tasted it and decided to call it chicken. Might as well be outer Mongolian bats wing as there is nothing chickeny about it at all.
The only thing I like is that you can put it in a bowl and feel a bit more like you are having dinner!

Ok, in a really bad ott style.....OH. MY. GOD!!!!!
The mint hot choccie is A-MAZING!!
I was expecting it to turn out like an options or hilight (thin and a bit disappointing) but it's so creamy, tastes like it's really really naughty!

If you haven't tried it then doooooooo! I only left the teabag in the water for about 30 seconds so it was a nice subtle hint of mint!

hi i have started with earl grey if you make it weak its nice i get it when i go to the cafe while my friends get latte. also nettle tea as long as it the leaves is good for your well being apparently it ok but dont makeit too strong either at first.

I quite like the chicken flavour and have it as a soup, especially in this fickle weather! Have just bought a peanut and coconut flapjack and will try them out at some point in week 3 so here's hoping they taste edible!

I'm quite lucky that 'im indoors is on the road quite alot at the mo so has his tea at the services. It means I don't have to cook and can save my hot choc until a bit later and drink it curled up on the sofa under the duvet (I'm still cold in the evenings). The shake seems to taste so much creamier hot!

Oh no! Just made the vanilla one hot with coffee and ivreally don't like it, I'm having to force it down.
It's so sickly and weird. Sob sob!

Me again....just had my first failure! Tried to make the vanilla into a muffin and it was NOT nice! Might be better with the choc.... Think I've just completely gone off the vanilla!

Peanut flapjack

Flapjacks?! Is that what they are called! Huh! I don't think so.. Tried a peanut flavour, and yeah it was crumbly and dry, but..on the positive side, it took me ages to bite and chew.... to make it last longer! Downed with a pint of water! Got a coconut 'flapjack' to come sometime later this week... though Im not sure I wanna experience the taste of that either!:sigh:

Never mind, will be happy to go back onto three sachets a day after Friday (end of week 3). Luckily I only bought two to try out this week.

Hang on in there Lisaberry. Trial and errors are all good, so the sooner you go back to your favourite sachet flavours after the recent hiccups you've had the better! Dont worry about it! Put it down to experience! ;)

great tips - thanks

... can save my hot choc until a bit later and drink it curled up on the sofa under the duvet (I'm still cold in the evenings). The shake seems to taste so much creamier hot!

Oh no! Just made the vanilla one hot with coffee and ivreally don't like it, I'm having to force it down.
It's so sickly and weird. Sob sob!

Aha! I just posted on a diff thread about how "yeughh!" the vanilla shake tastes warm. All gloopy, sickly, salty and aaargghhh :jelous:(OK sorry for taking it out on the poor vamilla shake..!).

Now as for the hot choc shake; way to go Lisaberry! My favorite is hot choc -very soothing:)

Im on my 1st week now, Well first day, Im terrified of tasting the Vanilla one because of the comments I've seen, I like the S.Berry & Choc though, Through a straw its fine, Whats the soup like? x

Hi Aine1985,

I'm on Day 4 and I'm finally starting to feel like I might just survive this diet!! :banana dancer:

I actually love the shakes, but I appear to be weird!!
:eek: I find the chicken soup can almost fool you into thinking you've had some sort of dinner. I have the vanilla with coffee in the mornings and it's like getting a vanilla late from Starbucks (to me anyway). Coffee is also nice with chocolate. I've yet to try it with peppermint tea though. I'm a little bit scared to go to the supermarket because of the smell of fresh bread! I don't think I can cope just yet!

How are you feeling after your first day?

Ria

I also see that some people don't like the vanilla because it's sickly etc. I haven't tried it 'neat', as it were, as I have mine with coffee. I put it in a thermo cup so add quite a bit of water. I really like it that way. Maybe I'm just desperate to put stuff in my gob so anything tastes good right now. :eek:

tablet sweetners are fine to have but as for the powdery/ loose sweetners that come in jars avoid them as they derive from natural wheat sugars. As for mint leaves (fresh) you can eat them aswell as chop it up and add to a shake

this thread has been great this week :D

Back