Things that only a fellow dukaneer would understand...

Dukanista

Gold Member
i'm starting this thread as a tongue in cheek look at the craziness of dukaneering. i'm thinking i'm not alone here :)

today for the first time in a while, I went shopping with my OH and had a glimpse of what dukan must look like to an outsider.

1. i cheered (yes, out loud :ashamed0005:) in the dairy section when i saw that the supermarket had quark.

2. at the next store, i had to beg the assistant to let me change my yoghurt purchase after she'd scanned it, after reading the label on the way out and seeing that i'd picked one with added sugar (hubby's comment: errr... can't you just try another flavor?)

3. i loaded up my shopping basket with almond, strawberry, chocolate (?!!), lemon flavorings and red food coloring as OH stood by shaking his head.

4. i finally realised how long i was studying the food labels when i saw OH checking his watch.

lesson learned this week: dukaneers shall shop alone.

Getting excited at the thought of veggies!!! Any veggies will do!!!! LOLOLOL!!

Having an entire shelf in the kitchen cupboard full of tins of tuna, then seriously debating whether you can spare one for the kids' sandwiches. :eek:

Eating my muffins out of sight when in public because everyone will think im being naughty and im not!! Buying 15 tubs of quark when supermarket has it in stock as they often run out! Carrying a tin of "no drain tuna" with me everwhere i go just incase!!!

taking photos of all my food so i can post it on the forums...

My boyfriend always comes shopping with me, he doesn't seem to mind and is very supportive and helpful. He's always coming up with ideas for me too!

My one to add is:

Getting tired of eating the same stuff, finding a new recipe and trying it - and it works and it's delicious! CHEERS ALL ROUND!

obsessivley looking for celeriac and flavorings for muffins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Missing my favorite TV programmes because im always in the flaming kitchen cooking, washing up or looking obsessively for new recipes to try.

Getting overly excited when finding new 0,1% dairy you've never tried before.

(that's how I got on Sunday when I found 0,1% Kefir)

Oh my these are so funny, and I can so relate to a few of them already.

lets see...hhmmm,

Sitting enjoying a steak while family has toast LOL!!!! and told how come we get bread and water LOL

Carrying a pack of chewing gum in bag and having to share (with crossed face) cos they are complaining of dry mouths.

You mentoined flavourings, well here's one of mine up til a few days ago.....checking flavourings in every shop you come across just in case theres a new one you've never seen.

Snacking on the muffin whilst hiding in the kitchen, because you definately don't want to share.....and they can get their own puddings LOL.

I can relate to that :)

I stopped taking my muffins to work cause everyone wanted to taste them.

Being told I eat weird food by my colleagues. What? Hard boiled eggs? Chicken? Chicken salads? Tuna salads? Ah, the lack of revolting white bread is weird is it?

Screaming at the top of my voice
" they bloody fit I love dukan" while trying on size 12 jeans!!
They lady next door asked me if dukan was my trainer!! Xx

knowing exactly what someone means when they talk about PV, PP, conso, ketosis and the toilet fairy.

and knowing the exact fat percentages of around 50 grocery food items.

Putting salad on my plate even though I'm not going to eat it because it's a PP day, just so my children don't think they can refuse to eat THEIR veggies. Oh, and measuring my weekly Diet Coke intake in gallons....

The glee when the toilet fairy finally comes!

Back