Extra Easy Things to make/have with quark

GeeOX

Hi everyone :)

I'm looking for ideas I can have or make with quark. I've heard it's quite popular with SW so thought I'd give it ago.

Thanks x

I've used quark a few times but not for anything very exciting. However, one thing that is nice is a low-syn cheesecake. Crush up an Alpen Light bar (healthy extra) and put it in the bottom of 2 ramekins. Then mix the quark with a sachet of Options hot chocolate (2 syns per packet) and layer that on top of the Alpen Light. Top with some fresh fruit (strawberries or raspberries are great) and you've got a tasty treat for only 1 syn per pot :) If you're on EE though and are eating it on its own, don't forget your superfree so load that fruit on top!

You could also crush up or chop some garlic, chives and/or herbs and mix it in to make a nice dip for some chopped up vegetables - no problem getting the superfree in with that! :)

I also find that quark makes an excellent substitute for soured cream on things like chilli, fajitas etc.

Hope this helps a little!

Hi can use it to make pasta sauces creamy, a creamy mushroom sauce for steak or chicken also add vanilla essence use as a cream with strawberries have seen a recipe for pasta carbnori (if that's how you spell it).

I've never used it but could it be used for like macaroni cheese, cheesecake, cheesy mash, pasta sauce etc? I'm sure I seen people say they use it for dips and baking (carrot cake, muffins etc). I seen tesco or Morrison had vanilla and lemon quark but not sure if Syns would differ much? Sorry to ramble. Nat X

Back