think i have made a boo boo

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Saxman, 28 June 2011 Social URL.

1. Saxman

Saxman Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(28.36%)
    Diet:
    CD
    basically i think i have taken myself out of keytosis by accident.
    well ive been following the diet to the book litteraly. been reading my diet manual and following the food recommendations.
    and for the past 2 days for my 200g meal ive been having quorn as it said i could have quorn, so ive have the quorn burgers and meat balls, they have roughly 4.2g of carbs per burger, i did the ketosis test strip today to check my levels and it barly changed colour. :( this is a touch depressing after going through all the hard work to get to ketosis and eating what i thought was right only to find it wasnt now got to do it all again :cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. EmmaLou

EmmaLou Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6lb(15.18%)
    Diet:
    CD
    I wouldn't take any notice of the sticks, if you've been 100% then u will be in ketosis. If you don't test first wee of the day then you get a watered down result because of all the water u have been drinking. Also I've read that you can lose ketones in other ways, through breath and sweat etc.
    Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

4. nellybelle

nellybelle Full Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(10.95%)
    Diet:
    Camridge Diet
    I think that as long as you are following the diet step by step that nothing can go wrong. I also heard that the ketosticks are sometimes not accurate.

Maybe have a wrod with your CDC about it when you see them next time...

5. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Bin the sticks. Theyre notoriously unreliable. If youre sticking to the plan youll be in ketosis.

6. tinkerbellsmum

tinkerbellsmum Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating
    i don't think you are allow quorn burgers hun. i think you are still in ketosis hun

7. Saxman

Saxman Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(28.36%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Thanx for all the comments, the book said 200g of quorn/ pieces so I assumed that meant all quorn products, but I am wiser now and will just keep to what I know. :)

8. loulouless

loulouless Is a loser :)

Start Weight:
    24st2lb
    Current Weight:
    20st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(14.79%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    you need to eat just the quorn chicken breast types or mince or chunks...the burgers, sausage and balls have added stuff. Never mind live and learn soon be back in K!

9. Saxman

Saxman Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(28.36%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Good news did a keto check this morning and it's all good am still in ketosis. But lesson learnt, no more quorn burgers :D, ty all for your support was really depressed yesterday as I thought that I had to start from the beginning!

10. LinzMA

LinzMA Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(10.04%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    Definitely just the Quorn 'chicken' pieces or mince, apparently... Glad you're back on track.

I know the ketostix are a bad idea, but I'm addicted too. But just for your information, my CDC said not once did they ever show a reading for her.. Apparently if your body uses the ketones really efficiently, you'll not get a reading. If you have surplus, you will, but that's not necessarily better apparently!

x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.