Thinking about going it alone....

Indieflower

I have my mojo
I've been thinking over the past week that I may go it alone. The thing is I go to class to weigh in and leave. I don't get any inspiration, ideas, etc out of it. My consultant is good and I know that I can ask her anything I need to know, however, I never do! I ask you lot :D:D

So, basically I'm paying £4.50 a week to stand on scales and to get stickers! But then again there is the access to SW online....I do rely upon that for syn checks mainly.

Has anyone else went it alone and how did they find it? Also, how have you coped without access to SW online? :confused: lol

Thanks in advance :D:D

K xx

Hi Kerry, I don't go to group. I bought all the books from ebay and also old SW mags which I have found to be a great help for recipes, etc. Then of course there is this forum, I would be TOTALLY lost without it for support, tips, recipes and other bits and pieces such as queries of syn values etc. I know it is different strokes for different folks but I have found that it works ok for me. I put £5 into a tin at my "WI" and am hoping to spend it on new clothes for my hols! An option for you might be to join the SW online? If I remember correctly DearFatty decided to go alone and she is doing really well. Good luck with whatever you decide xx

Hi

I have never been on the online! I just get all by info form on here.
But I have just started really and going gived me motivation. I think once I am at target I will use it as a buffer if I go off the rails.

Phil x

Mo, thanks its good to know that someone else goes it alone and finds it works....I'm a bit scared about taking the plunge but it just seems a waste of money more than anything. Although, I would happily put it in a tin, I'm thinking of the clothes already! lol

Phil, I really do rely upon online for syn queries, but I suppose I could just post them here and it wouldn't be too great a loss.

Still swavering, you wouldn't think it would be such a big decision! :confused: lol. I just don't want to stop going and go on a downward spiral....but only I can stop that I suppose :D

You could also buy the big syn value book each year £9.99 could even get someone to get one for you for a class.

Philx

Hiya Kerry,

Just wondering why you don't stay at class? I find it useful but also quite a social thing now I've been there for a while and got to know a few members pretty well - hopefully it won't be too much longer until I get to target, and then I can go free!

Personally, the closer I get to my target the harder I'm finding it - I definitely wouldn't want to leave group now, but everyone's different!

I would like to stay to clas, but unfortunately I can't as I don't have childcare and my daughter gets bored stiff in class, so decided to stop staying! It's not through choice really hun :)

K xx

I do it alone too - well, with all the miniminners by my side. You have to be strict with yourself and He Who Thinks He's Boss was/is in charge of WI so I can't "forget" it.

You give so much inspiration to others here, I'm sure you'll have no problem going it alone. And we're all here to help.

xx

I do it alone too - well, with all the miniminners by my side. You have to be strict with yourself and He Who Thinks He's Boss was/is in charge of WI so I can't "forget" it.

You give so much inspiration to others here, I'm sure you'll have no problem going it alone. And we're all here to help.

xx

Thanks Harrie. I think I've made up my mind to do it, I just need to procure a directory first! :D

I swapped from class to online and have found it great. I only stayed to class to get weighed and it seemed a waste of money so joined bodyoptimise (there is an offer where you pay £50 for 3 months) and my losses if anything have been better than when I went to class, so I would thoroughly recommend the solo route :)

my son used to get bored when i took him before but i made sure that i took colouring books, i sat him at a table with some biscuits and a drink and he would be fine for as long as i was there.

my son used to get bored when i took him before but i made sure that i took colouring books, i sat him at a table with some biscuits and a drink and he would be fine for as long as i was there.

Oh how I wish it were that simple with my Samantha!!:rolleyes: lol. She's nearly 10 and she is starting to "change"...therefore she sits there like a sullen teenager listening to her MP3 player and I get glares of disapprovement every so often! It really is not worth the hassle!!:wave_cry: lmao.....other than that she is very sweet :p

Well, I've made up my mind I'm going to do it. I'm going to weigh in every Saturday morning at Boots and report to the challenges. I actually feel revitalised today making my mind up, it's kind of like a fresh start :)

Only thing is, I'm not going back to class so has anyone got any idea as to where I would get a 2009 directory from?

K xx

Go for it chick. Ive done it on my own from the start and nearly at 5.5 stone! You can do it :)
xxx

Go for it chick. Ive done it on my own from the start and nearly at 5.5 stone! You can do it :)
xxx

Really!! :eek: And you've done soooooo well as well! I'm going to give it my all, and I have all the miniminers to give me a kick up the ass when I need it! lol

hello,
you can get the 2009 directory from the website

Thanks Karen, I'll order one tomorrow! :D

You can do it bean - NO reason why you cant and you have done the hard part!

xxx

Back