Extra Easy Thinking about quitting the class

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by alicia912, 23 February 2011 Social URL.

1. alicia912

alicia912 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st8lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(18.18%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've been doing slimming world since the end of november and had such a great mentor, very bubbly, motivating, inspiring (she lost 5 stone on sw) and all in all very helpful!! Now we have a new mentor whos spanish and doesnt really know much to be completely honest. Most of the group has now moved to another group in another town and the remaining group now only stays to get weighed, which I do too. I've stayed for a few of the sessions with the new mentor but find her quite rude and not really bothered. I now pay the £4.95 to get weighed and then leave. I am thinking of just to buy myself some scales and do it myself at home! Is anyone else in a similar situation? x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. lolacola

lolacola Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(18.45%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yeah I feel the same my classes aren't great but I like going to the weight in to get my 'official' weight and keep me motivated.

It is a bit of a waste paying £4.95 just to get weighed when I could do that at home, but I'm worried that if I stop I will lose motivation.

4. fayhamy

fayhamy This time its for keeps!

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(12.08%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Me too ! Ive actually just decided to stop going to class as c wasnt helping at all, should have been at class last night but i.m now doing sw online and weighing at home!

5. Amy2249

Amy2249 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(10.15%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    There have been a few threads on here about going to class or doing it at home. It seems that a few of us find the classes quite boring, some say that their consultant is fantastic.
    I am still going to class mainly to keep me motivated. I have moved from a Monday class to a Thursday class and if it doesn't work out I am going to consider leaving and using only this forum as motivation.
    But, like you, I am terrified of stopping class and not being able to do it on my own.

Someone recommended trying a different class and seeing how that works out or taking say 3 weeks holiday and use this to 'test' if you can do it alone.

Good luck x

6. sugar_lipswales

sugar_lipswales Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st10lb(36.73%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    If she's that bad and that rude she doesn't deserve to run the class, have you had a word with her about it?

7. SuperVic

SuperVic Vicky

Start Weight:
    10st8lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It is hard on your own, have to have great determination.

8. 30FlirtyGirl

30FlirtyGirl Call me Nicky xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I left class to do it just at home. It is doable but I have to admit it is toughier. If you keep the same atittude towards SW at home as you do going to class you will be fine.

Remember though new scales will probably give you a different reading so make sure once you start you only use the same scales and weigh in once a week at the same time just like you do at class.

Its obvious stuff I know but parameters can change at home and give "off" readings.

Good Luck sure you will do just great x

9. Crazyfool

Crazyfool Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Personally I'd either stick with it or find an alternative class . It would be the start of the end for me if I didn't go to a class.

10. azlan

azlan Full Member

Can you change to another class?? I know I would really struggle without going to class. And could you have a word with her about the class and maybe her attitude. If you really find her to be rude would you consider telling SW head office about the things that have happened and maybe they will give her a refresher training or something. Good luck whatever you decide and you'll get plenty of support here if you do leave. :D

11. nicola2010

nicola2010 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    ss
    try another class i think support of a group is very helpfull and i find having to get weighed in front of someone else helps keep me going.good luck.

12. cupcake22

cupcake22 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I agree with this :)

13. nitad2

nitad2 Member

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(16.17%)
    Diet:
    Slimmin World
    Giving class a miss

Isn't there another class in your town with a different tutor. I'm lucky the tutor at my class ery good. Maybe if you do give up you could start an online class with other who are like minded

14. SuperVic

SuperVic Vicky

Start Weight:
    10st8lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I agree! Very doable but hard at the same time.

15. krupskaya

krupskaya Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(12.22%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - green
    I've been doing it at home for eight weeks now and find it fine. However I am very determined and focussed. I also rely very heavily on this forum for support. Good luck with whatever you choose.

16. hatwell

hatwell Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    could you not go to the group that the others have moved to? I agree having a good consultant can make so much difference.

17. time2bslim

time2bslim Just doing it this time

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(10.05%)
    you have to have a lot of discipline to do it at home on your own - but a lot of people do.

having said that if your C is rubbish you're not going to get much help from her then to do it on your own at home - maybe ???

The other thing I thought about was IF you know a few of you doing it together - maybe meet up at a convenient time - weigh each other in and then do it again next week at one or other houses - make sure everyone is willling to host.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.