Thinking about restarting slimming world

jessyrose14

Ok, here goes.
I'm a size 18-20 and still quite young, and my weight really gets me down. I did slimming world last year for a while but wasn't really in the right frame of mind and couldn't really afford it.

I lost about 8 pounds (I wasn't there long) and don't eat a lot of meat so usually had green days.

I like fruit and veg and love cooking but sometimes struggle to come up with ideas.

Can anyone give me advice? I really want to get the weight off and am going to start exercising. I tried WW and didn't like it at all.

Also, I do love muller light and know that these are free food.

Has anyone else has some good results with slimming world? I would like to get down to a size 14ish :) Thanks xxx:)

Do it!! it's the best thing i ever spent money on.... £5 a week might seem like a lot when you're on a budget, but if someone turned round to you and said "Give me £250 cash and you can be a size 14 within a year", you would BITE THEIR HAND OFF! :)

There are so many recipes on here, you will never ever run out of inspiration for meal ideas, especially if you like cooking! I am now 2st lighter than I was and am absolutely thrilled, i'll be staying at SW classes for the rest of my life if needs be, an hour a week is a very small price to pay! and it's free at target, which is even more motivation to lose the weight!

You can do it hun! Use this as your lifeline, you'll never go short on ideas for food! xxx

Do it!! it's the best thing i ever spent money on.... £5 a week might seem like a lot when you're on a budget, but if someone turned round to you and said "Give me £250 cash and you can be a size 14 within a year", you would BITE THEIR HAND OFF! :)

There are so many recipes on here, you will never ever run out of inspiration for meal ideas, especially if you like cooking! I am now 2st lighter than I was and am absolutely thrilled, i'll be staying at SW classes for the rest of my life if needs be, an hour a week is a very small price to pay! and it's free at target, which is even more motivation to lose the weight!

You can do it hun! Use this as your lifeline, you'll never go short on ideas for food! xxx

Some cracking advice there :)

Definately do it! I put off rejoining because I was embarrased to go back to group having put back on what I'd lost plus and extra 2stone! I really regretted not going back sooner. I rejoined size 18-20 and within a year am a size 12 and more importantly healthy.

As Earlybird said there is an endless supply of recipies and support here, on the slimming world site and at your group, plus there's slimming world recipie books and magazines- there's no way you'll be stuck for ideas!

Haha thank you! I work in PR - it's my job to make everything sound AWESOME! :eek:) I also TOTALLY love SW :eek:)

Wonder if they'd give me a job? :eek:) xxx

Ok...I went from 21 stone 7 (size 28-30), and am currently 12 stone 12 (size 12-14) is that proof enough??
Only you can make the plan work, but you have to be committed. it does work, look at everyone on here, read how enthusiastically they write about SW. Im even looking into becoming a Consultant I believe in the plan that strongly.

You can do it!

x

Thankyou :)
I am really in the right frame of mind now, my dad has diabetes really bad and can't have any treats or anything. I don't want to be the same and be worried constantly about my health.

You will all have to help me out with cooking :) I love experimenting with new food as well as my partner :) We both eat most things, and he would like to loose some weight, although he is a lovely size :)

xx

jessy - do it... it's a wonderful eating plan and sooooo much support...

and it help to control diabetes if your father wanted to follow it along side you - i heard so many men say that by following slimming world and loosing the weight that their diabetes medication has been significantly reduced (even eliminated) this last weekend.

And if you want further proof that the plan works... 14.5st lost says it works... :)

Good God Ian H! You are truly the incredible shrinking man! You look absolutely fantastic. It just shows what can be achieved. You are amazing...!

thanks... i got to give up shrinking though - proving bad for the bank balance... but can't get this "maintenance" lark sorted yet...

hiya, i could have written your post myself, ive just started doing SW still in my first week but like you im a size 18/20 and would to get down to a 14:), i tried it last yr but couldnt get into it properly so left again but this time im back and determined to do it!! oh and my dad has diabetes too and im constantly worrying that it could happen to me too:(

see we're like two peas in a pod lol, maybe we could motivate each other?
sending you good vibes and hope youve decided to join:hug99:

Back