Thinking of calorie counting.

logansmum

Hi I'm Sarah.I have been doing slimming world and lost a stone but have recently been thinking its ok losing weight but I still eat huge portions.Perhaps not good long term.Please would someone give me an idea of how many calories I should eat to lose 1-2 pounds a week.I weigh 13 stone am 5-5 high and am trying to run/fast walk for 30 mins 3 times a week. Thanks

Hi I'm called Sarah too, if you sign up to myfitnesspal it tells you how many cals you should be on. It's really good, there is a massive database of food on it, and it's free to sign up too.xx

Hi I'm called Sarah too, if you sign up to myfitnesspal it tells you how many cals you should be on. It's really good, there is a massive database of food on it, and it's free to sign up too.xx

Totally agree mfp takes all the guess work out of working out your calories :confused:

thanks guys.I did 448 calories of exercise yesterday and on my fitness pal it seems to say i can eat them back.Is that correct?

You could, but then you just cancel the exercise out. I try not to use the exercise calories, but don't feel guilty if I do every now and again!

Yummymummy, I know that's what it seems like, but if you follow MFP guidelines, it's already given a built in defecit.
Have you lost much doing it your way? x

In theory MFP will have already calculated you a calorie deficit so you don't technically need to burn anything to lose weight healthily each week. If your limit is say 1200 and you burn 400 off at the gym then your body is trying to run for the day on 800? Which is generally considered not enough.

Different ppl have different opinions but I think your best off trying a few different ways till you find one that works for you? But if you go over your basic limit on a gym day then you really shouldn't worry coz in theory it's already burnt off!!! I hate working out so I only really hit the gym to atone for my naughtiness :) really need to try harder lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I did lose 2 stone last time I did it, but now I'm pregnant and am just using it to watch what I eat. Weight watchers used to be the same where you gained extra points by exercising, but I would rather lose more weight by exercising than just use it as an excuse to pig out...

Back