Thinking of defecting, Struggling.

safc

Hi, I am really struggling. To be honest I am getting confused. I was ok at first but not so much now. Its the bread thing. I usually like a sandwich lunchtime and maybe crackers supper. Toast occasionally for breakfast. Wholemeal so I would have said healthy but seem to be using all my syns then dont have any left for treats.
Have done WW before and have dabbled again. Am thinking about going over to the WW forums.
I dont go to a class so really have not had SW explained properly but have seen others doing it alone.
Anyway am going to decide tonight, weigh day is tomorrow.
Best of luck to everyone.

I imagine bread is the one thing you would have to sacrifice in every diet... ?

Anyway, I done WW before, and didn't enjoy all the counting and weighing. It's not for everyone, but if you think that it will work better for you, great!
I usually save my bread for lunch or an evening snack. I'll have fruit and yogurt for breakfast, or even a cooked breakfast. Today I used my bread for a fried egg sandwich at lunch.
I'll have noodles and veg for dinner, and if I get hungry later I'll have a muller light yogurt. And there's always fruit for snacks.

Every diet has an element of sacrifice. Bread is usually one of them.

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.

I do sympathise, I love bread - although my weakness is for fluffy white bread so I don't ever feel like I'm going to overeat my Hex of 60g wholemeal - sometimes I don't eat bread for a week.
I'm not saying you shouldn't go to WW (although I do think counting and measuring is a bit tedious) but.. do you think if you tried to ake some new habits regarding your breakfast and lunch that you might find some SW friendly things that you like even more? I used to hate porridge but now I really look forward to it - the same with couscous and pasta salad, jacket potatoes, kippers, boiled eggs and spanish omelettes and kedgeree (a well made kedgeree for breakfast on a sunday morning makes me feel like an indian princess btw). I'm not saying you'll like, or even love them, but you might like something else.
Or, if you want the bread and don't think bacon and eggs will do it for you maybe you could try green days so you can have another serving? I've been green 2 days this week (for the first time) and found it really easy!

Maybe SW isn't for you, but if you give it a proper chance you never know :)

Hello from a fellow safc supporter ;).

I know what you mean about bread, it does not agree with me at all!I write down everything I eat so I can go back and look at where I am doing good/bad and on the weeks that I have only lost a couple of pounds instead of the normal 4/5/6lbs, it's usually because I've been eating bread, have stopped eating it now and if I do have it it's usually a wholemeal pitta for my heb. It's hard to get used to not eating it at first but maybe you should try alternating it and ween it out of your diet, having it maybe at the beginning of your week so you have the rest of the week toward weigh in to get it off.

It's a learning curve to be honest, I know alcohol and bread do not agree with me weight wise so I try to steer clear, however, you can't have a good week without learning from the bad weeks so stick at it! I tend to have lots of fruit an yogurt for breakfast or scrambled egg and bacon, or you could try having toast for breakfast and a salad for lunch, play with it, it's the only way you will find out what your body agrees with, the weight loss will come! Good luck! Xx

Hi, I am really struggling. To be honest I am getting confused....I dont go to a class so really have not had SW explained properly but have seen others doing it alone.

I'm not surprised that you're getting confused. If you want to give it a fair go you need to get yourself armed with all the info otherwise it isn't going to work.

I'm not surprised that you're getting confused. If you want to give it a fair go you need to get yourself armed with all the info otherwise it isn't going to work.

I think Lucky 7 is right. If you had all the info, you would see how many alternatives there are to bread or how you could incorporate it into your diet.

For example, a full english is not a full english to me with 2 crappy bits of WW bread that go like ryvita when you toast them. So whe I have my SW full english on a saturday morning I have 28g (usually 2 slices but sometimes I have to cut off a crust) and syn them. It makes me brekkie that little bit more special!

I have my cooked breakie with a large potato cubed and roasted till crispy or new pots cut in slices and fried.
The one pan winter hash in the current mag is the most filling thing ever, and lush!

I'm actually giving up bread though I love it, because it's a trigger food! I judt cant live with a couple of slices i always want more Not a fan of cereal so maybe I'll use my HEB on canned or dried fruit.

The thing is, and i don't mean to seem unkind, but unless you want to change your habits you are going to have a constant battle.

SW teaches you how to eat healthy so you can live this way forever (when you have ALL the info you will see how this is poss & still really enjoy lots of food & treats). What you don't want to happen is loose the weight (cause counting ie WW) then as soon as you get to target it all goes back on because you've not learnt anything (sorry but been to WW and thats exactly what happens - ww don't have many long term target members! whereas sw has loads)

You can do this, and enjoy every mouthful.
I agree that you maybe should try red or green days then you can have 2 HEX B

Thanks guys for all the support. I have made a decision after having a proper look at both clubs. Went o SW last night and WW this morning, decided to join WW. I can have my bread on both their plans, I am prone towards the simply filling as no counting apart from 49 weekly point to spend on extras. The free food list is quite extensive and there are none which you can only have 2 of. I wish you the best of luck with your weight loss. At the end of the day its personal preference. Thanks.

Good luck safc - different plans suit different people, so it's great you've found a good 'fit'. All the best and don't be a stranger...x

hi safc
I am glad you came to a decision on which plan to follow. It really is such a personal thing and you really have to go with what is best for you. At the end of the day we are all the same trying to get to a healthier weight and if that means you follow a different road thats fine but we all have the same destination.

I wish you luck on your journey and hope it all works out for you

A lot of people have managed their weight losses through WW as many have through other diets. I'm a bread lover and I've had to make some serious changes as I could quite easily eat bread 24/7. I prefer SW as it offers me the flexibility I need...each to their own and if it works for you then go for it.

To reiterate what others have said I found this saying...The 3 C's of life...Choice, Chance, Change.

You must make the Choice to take the Chance if you want anything to Change!! ;)

Good luck. It sounds like you really thought hard about which to do, so hopefully you've chosen the one that you'll benefit best from. Go for it.

x

Back