thinking of giving up

chunky-monkey77

i seriously swear i am up 2 no good !
and going back to ww dont want to do this but for the last lot of weeks of being on sw i have lost and gained the same 3 pound and it beginning to annoy me . now i know that sw works and works well bout want to know why its not working for me i have done everyting i can think of to lose the last stone but nothing is happening . I dont want to get to xmas put on half a stone and not be able to lose it again that thought terrifies me . with ww the weight would prob have been off by now but i dont thnk i could do points again. i just dont know what i am doing wrong ... i walk nearly 4 mile every day and am as far as i know follow the plan 100% i let my c see my diary and she says it okay , she cant even explain why . I have weeks were i do lose but then i do exactly the same the following weeek and it goes on .
Sorry for the long post but its really beginning to bug me and i just needed someone to "talk" to

Sorryto hear you are struggling at the moment it can be a really frustrating time. Do you have a diary on here that maybe we could look at? I know my sister in law was doing weight watcher and swapped to doing slimming world and really struggled. You say you only have a stone to lose have you considered that it might be because you have so little to lose now that it will come off alot slower!

I know this might sound a bit harsh but the other thing you might want to consider is that although you may think you are doing it 100% you could be missing something and if you are feeling down its easy for little things to creep in! Why not try another week using diffrent hex's and loads of speed food! You have done so well so far so keep up the good work! x

Hi Mrs Clooney please dont give up! You can do it most people go through a patch of sticking and up and down with a few pounds but if you stick to it you will come out the other end I have seen loads of people at class get through it. Im with Henna though speed foods defo help me grapefruit always helps and strawberries. I also find light foods like eggs keep my weight off. Find what seems to help you. I can eat loads of potatoes and pasta but if I eat bread it really tells on the scales even when its syned. Everyone is different and its just a case of trying different foods to find what agrees with you. Chin up and maybe keep at it till Christmas it will pay off.

Sorryto hear you are struggling at the moment it can be a really frustrating time. Do you have a diary on here that maybe we could look at? I know my sister in law was doing weight watcher and swapped to doing slimming world and really struggled. You say you only have a stone to lose have you considered that it might be because you have so little to lose now that it will come off alot slower!

I know this might sound a bit harsh but the other thing you might want to consider is that although you may think you are doing it 100% you could be missing something and if you are feeling down its easy for little things to creep in! Why not try another week using diffrent hex's and loads of speed food! You have done so well so far so keep up the good work! x
thanks henna , will try this week and maybe do ee and red days maybe i am taking 2 many carbs one of the plans i bound to work eventually .

Just keeping going missy!! You can do this! GO back and re-read your books make sure you really understand the plan you are going to do for that day! Make you you eat loads of free food and superfree food!

You can do this!! We are all here if you need to ask any questions! Well i normally am anyway!! LOL!

Other than what's already been said, take a look at your food diaries for the last few weeks, are most days the same? If so try eating different foods, make something new if you're always ee, try green & original days. It does work & you know because it has worked for you in the past, keep going; you just can't eat as much on ww:cry:

Noo, Don't give up! You can do this, and as you'v said you don't think you could go back to counting points.. and that you know sw works really.. so i think youv found your answer anyways ;)

It is 100% poss that because you don't have enormous amounts of weight to lose that its just going to take a little bit more time. I think completely taking yourself out of your 'food comfort zone' is a good idea. Go through the mags, look online.. write down a meal for every day of the week that you have never tried before, and cram in as much super free food as you can, maybe if your like me and eat more super free veg, than fruit, then mix it up.. i find just that small difference can get it going for me. Buy some frozen forest fruits from the super market, and defrost in fridge as you please.. i aim for a bowl a day of forest fruits and 8 glasses of water on the weeks im desperate to lose and it always does the trick.
Fish also, do you eat much fish? i don't i'm more of a meaty person, but i find eating more fish can also help. (even if its just a can of tuna in homemade passsata pasta sauce)

And also hunny, i think its abosloutly fab that you walk almost 4 miles a day, but gosh thats a lot! .. so A) your going to be building muscles in your legs.. and B) your going to need to eat more!

When i joined the gym, a while back,.. i carried on eating as i usually would, but then as i started doing 3x 1.5 hours at the gum weekley, i epected it to have a good impact on the weight loss, but it didnt.. and i couldnt figure it out for the life of me. i mean, how can you not lose weight being 100% on plan, AND exercising??!! BUT, it was because my body had been so lazy and un-exercised regurally before, that the food i was eating was helping me get through the gym sessions, but i wasnt topping it back up kinda thing. (if that makes any sence) .. anywho, i started eating an extra 'small main meal' between lunch and dinner, and the weight came off again.

Don't quit :(
Love ya lotsies :D

xxxxxx

Back