Thinking of giving up :-(

I was thinking - rather than wheat products (like cous cous and pasta..even if it's wholewheat..) if it makes you feel bloated try potatoes instead. Carbs are really important to make you feel full and potatoes - oyt of all the staples - are lowest in calories per 100g. Also, SW is based on how many calories you eat and unfortunately if you don't eat a lot of carbs you don't eat enough in total. Try to introduce tofu and especially tempeh into your diet (tempeh it's fermented tofu). Quorn is ok but highly processed (I do eat the chicken style pieces but not very often..quorn is made of fungus and makes me fart a lot :) ). The special K is not that great if you have to avoid carbs - oats might be better if you want to feel full. On the whole if you eat carbs you are really better off eating REAL carbs like potatoes and beans than bread and processed cereal..And don't use your syns for rubbish processed food - use it for things like oils and nuts. Look into your smart syns section in your book and you can find lots of healthy (maybe low carb) ideas to use your syns.

As we all said, don't give up!!!

Hi unfortunately potatoes have the same effect on me which is a bugger cause I really like them :-( I was told Cous cous and wholewheat is supposed to be ok in little doses but still doesn't like me very much.

I bought some tofu yesterday so will be trying that tonight :) I fill up on plenty of salad and veg so never feel hungry x

Hi unfortunately potatoes have the same effect on me which is a bugger cause I really like them :-( I was told Cous cous and wholewheat is supposed to be ok in little doses but still doesn't like me very much.

I bought some tofu yesterday so will be trying that tonight :) I fill up on plenty of salad and veg so never feel hungry x

What a shame :-(

Re Tofu: I like it crunchy :) Not sure if you bought soft tofu or the one that you can cut. If you bought the firm version, cut it in little squares (flat ones) and fry them in a good pan in fry light. You have to be a bit patient..they go golden brown after a while. I would then add any sauces that you like. I also like it steamed as cubes and than cover it in a sesame oil/soy sauce mix and have it with stir fright veg and chinese noodles (chinese noodles for some reason don't make me feel bloated..maybe try them..eg rice noodles?)

Last edited:
Think I'm just a little worried about increasing syns as all the diets ive done before have been eat as little as possible to lose weight. Think it will take more time to change my thinking than my body.

xx
I was exactly the same when I started sw... thought there was no way i'd lose weight if I ate everything that I was told I could! But i've lost over 3 stone now by eating loads, and I mean loads! My better weeks have been when i've had time to do a big breakfast...this morning I had fried sliced potatos...left over from last night, beans eggs and a HUGE pile of mushrooms! ...I know you can't eat the potatos but I really don't think you are eating enough. I have 10 - 15 syns everyday...usually nearer 15! I know it goes against everything we've been told for years but stick with it :)

Back