Thinking of giving WW a try...

Superchick

I'm pretty desperate to lose the extra 24 (ish) lbs I've been carrying around ever since I left the world of retail and starting working in an office. Between being sat down for 9 hours a day and the constant suply of sweets and cakes, the pounds soon piled on.
I'm still working in an office and as a result of the shifts can only get to a class at the weekend, so it'll be Saturday or Sunday before I can join, but I don't want to wait almost a week to get started. I've bought the WW magazine but the menus in it aren't really practical for me. I'm on my own eating wise and not a very good cook.
I've read that in your first week of WW they give you a kick start booklet. Does anyone know where I can get my hands on it? Also, does anyone know of how I can calulate points without a calculator? I really don't want to have to wait until the weekend to get started!

Hiya

You sound ultra motivated!!! I'm sure there is a formula for calculating points but im not that sure of it?? Soz, i couldn't live without my ww calculator, you could order one from ww website mine came within a couple of days. Another thing that might help is looking at everyone's food diaries, most people post what they've eaten each day and how many points each thing is. you might find point values for quite a lot of foods there that you could use??? Good luck with ww, its a great diet!!

x

There is a forumla for it but its not exactly handy when youre walking round Tescos and if youre not familiar with the WW plan Im not sure it would be a good idea. .... you can get calculators at class or on ebay but you probably wont get it before the weekend anyway. Tescos own low fat brand have WW points on it. If its only for a week you could try using WW, Tesco Healthy Living or M&S Count on us stuff which is all pointed. Then next week once you have a calculator youll be all set :)

Tescos own low fat brand have WW points on it. If its only for a week you could try using WW, Tesco Healthy Living or M&S Count on us stuff which is all pointed. Then next week once you have a calculator youll be all set :)

Looks like I'll be logging onto Tesco's site then! Thanks for the advice. I've added my points allowance based on a thread here and I'm only allowed 18 points a day! :eek:

hello and welcome :)

i think you'll find WW really great - especially if you eat lots of zero point foods then you'll be able to use your 18 points for treats and things.

suz x

goodluck and i look forward to seeing how you get on!

sainsburys bgty meals have points values on them too :)

good luck with WW - if you eat healthily and spend your points wisely then you will find 18 points can stretch a long way :)

Hi and welcome.

You do sound motivated to get going which is great.

You will manage fine on 18pts per day with your motivation levels - just plan it all in and make some zero point soup which is a lifesaver at times.

Back