thinking of joining but unsure

laurenxx21

i have no idea atall how slimming world works. i did weight watchers and just couldnt stick to it.
the only problem is im a rather fussy eater. will this be a massive problem?? x

not at all!!! I started on WW too...felt like I was starving myself...wasn't losing. So then pigged on Pringles!!

I've started Slimming World and in just 7 weeks I've lost 16.5lbs. I've never felt happier.

Define fussy eater? Although it shouldn't matter - you can eat whatever you like.

So a quick overview on SW - I follow a plan called extra easy (EE) I don't understand all the red and green day stuff. Basically, I can eat as much fruit, veg and salad (super free foods) as I like. Then all lean meats and fish is free as well as things like pasta, eggs and rice. So's fat free yoghurts, the virtually fat free supernoodles, certain mugshots and certain pasta and sauce type things. That means you can eat as much as you like. AND STILL LOSE WEIGHT!!!! but you do need to check for definate what is and isn't free.

On top of that every day you get to healthy extra options, a and b (HEXA/HEXB). An example of something like that is for your a, 250ml of semi-skimmed milk (it's dairy based whatever it is) or 28g of regular cheddar cheese (although you could have 40g of reduced fat). Your HEXB is fibre based so for me is typically a sachet of oatso simple, so fibre is typically cereals, cereal bars, bread...but you'd need to get the list of what exactly counts because sadly crunchy nut doesn't count!!!

As well as all of this, you can have up to 15syns a day which I actually use on a flexi basis so as long as I don't exceed 105 a week I know I'll lose (although this can vary person to person).

The only catch is that you should fill a third of your plate with fruit/veg/salad at mealtimes, but again I bend this rule to "as long as I eat a third fruit and veg" because I still lose.

So yes - I definitely think you should join. It's the best £20 (or more specifically £19.80) I spend a month :)
Jx

i have no idea atall how slimming world works. i did weight watchers and just couldnt stick to it.
the only problem is im a rather fussy eater. will this be a massive problem?? x

Depends on your definition of fussy, Im a pretty fussy eater, dont eat veggies etc and just got nowhere on SW as a result :(

I think you should give it a go; my daughter has lost two and half stone and I am now following in her footsteps as I approach my first stone off!

I don't think being a fussy eater will be too much of a problem when you can choose the things you like to eat and have them.

With atleast 5 weigh ins to go before xmas (depending on your weigh day) you could lose about 10lb before xmas :D

At the end of the day, I think all healthy eating plans work, we just need to be in the right frame of mind to stick to the plan to lose weight.

Good luck with whatever you decide x

Tracey's right...you could even lose a stone or more if you have a good week one loss...

xx

did you ever join? x

Hi I can only speak from my own experience ... Ive tried WW ... lost 3 1/2 stone but couldnt maintain it ... was always hungry so put the weight back on. Ive also tried Lipotrim and the weight dropped off me but not disaplined enough to maintain again .... i get bored with them and cant seem to make it a life changing eating habit but thats different with SW, Ive lost over 3 stone in 16 weigh in`s and am still going strong, its so good and i am never hungry ... I think its brilliant and Go for it!!!!

Good luck xxx

Back