Thinking of joining Slimming World?

Hi everyone :)

My weight is getting me down, it's not getting any better and I just can't get motivated. I have a boyfriend that cooks, a desk job and a love of wine in the evening! Not a good mix.
I've joined Weight Watchers about 6 times, promising myself 'this is the time I will lose loads of weight!' but I just don't stick to it - get confused with the points and then get bored. I keep going back to it though for some reason.

So I've been tracking for a few weeks on Myfitnesspal, but I'm finding it a bit mundane.. I'm eating mostly salads or low cal ready meals (the M&S ones are nice mind lol) and I feel like I need something that will really work - I see people have great success on Slimming World, but I can't get my head around it! I'm not really one for 'groups' due to my working hours so would probably join online.

Just wanting some experiences and advice please :) I have about 4 / 5 stone I'd like to shift!

Thanks guys :)

Hello and welcome :)

I tried weight watchers 3 times before I joined slimming world, and failed every time.

SW takes a few weeks to get your head round, but once you know the plan, it's easy. And it works. And you can even fit in a few glasses of wine :)

What I love about SW is it's a long term healthy eating plan, that re-educates you for life, it's not just a quick fix that you can't stick to long term.

I heartily recommend you give it a go. I'm currently 4 stone lighter from my heaviest weight (there are some pics on the inspirational photos thread), still a long way to go but I know I'll get there :)

I have tried calorie counting before, but always failed! I then tried Slimming World, and it is the best thing I have ever done! After being over-weight for the last 15 years, I am finally losing weight in a sustainable way, that is re-training my brain to think positively about healthy eating. Slimming World isn't a 'diet', it is a way of eating healthily for the long-term.

Hi, daisy-Janine! As the others have said, definitely give SW a go. After all, what have you got to lose, apart from weight?! Seriously though, you can eat a wide variety of foods, including things considered as treats and, you never need feel hungry at all! It is absolutely brilliant! This site is amazing too, with loads of advice, tips, recipes and friendship. As flash-harry said, it takes a little while to get your head round but, when you have, it's like second nature and, of course, if you ever need help, someone on Mini's is always there to lend a hand. :) Give it a try - I'm sure you'll never look back.

Kathy xx

Back