Thinking of joining SW

Lauryloo20

So I'm thinking of joining Slimming World, never done it before, was wondering before I paid the £60 as was thinking of doing it online, if it's actually worth doing. I'm slightly overweight with a a BMI of 25 and would ideally like to lose 7lbs to a stone to be a healthier weight. What I would like to know before I commit to SW is if this is the right platform for me to loose the weight? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Lauryloo20

I only just started SW and I'm really enjoying it - I have around 3st to lose at least though.

I lost a stone by calorie counting and upping my exercise over 4 weeks, so I would say one the one hand I can reccomend SW but for the sake of 7lb and £60, I would perhaps look at calorie counting / exercising. ALternatively a lot of information about what is free and elements of SW is on here so you could probably pick enough of that up - If you need any particular information, I'm more than willing to look it up for you :)

Good luck either way! xx

I would say pay the £10 to join a group, get all the info you need and then you dont need to go back if you don't fancy it.

gempty makes a good point too - you get the book and a lot of the information atthe first group for £10

Hey Laura Loo - I think SW is an amazing plan and can work for everyone so I would def recommend it.

If you only have 7-14lb to lose though, I'd join a group and buy a 6 week countdown instead of joining online. I think you'll find you might even be able to get to target in that time and will have spent less money than the £60 online fee.

Whatever you choose to do, I wish you luck :) xx

Hi

I'm in a similar position to the OP. I was also thinking of paying the £10 to join a group and then doing it myself. I was just wondering which books you get at the first meeting? :)

I would say pay the £10 to join a group, get all the info you need and then you dont need to go back if you don't fancy it.

Hi

I'm in a similar position to the OP. I was also thinking of paying the £10 to join a group and then doing it myself. I was just wondering which books you get at the first meeting? :)

Back