Thinking of joining WW Online...

Xcharlibobx

Silver Member
I'm a previous slimming world follower & I lost well on it & kept it off but I've finally decided I want to lose my final 2 stone (I basically gave up but not really put on after losing 4 stone) I have also previously calorie counted... The calorie counting is fine but it's easy to cheat with high fat foods ;)

I rejoined SW a while back but just couldn't get my head back into it & I struggled, I also found that cooking everything from scratch every day was hard work fitting around my life!!

So I'm thinking of joining WW... I've had a look online & it looks much more relaxed :) I also think a fresh start on something new to learn would be a good idea.

What do people think? Has anyone changed diets? Or has anyone else struggled?

Ta :D

Charli XxX

I recently switch from sw to ww and I really am enjoying ww. It's more convenient to be able to grab food and just point it. I mean the portions are a lot smaller than sw but then I think that's a good thing as I think even tho I lost well on sw I over ate due to food being "free"
It's nice to be able to cook chicken dippers and micro chips if I'm back late and then still be within points :) give it a go x

That's one of the reason I'm considering it! I need to learn portion control :) And when I'm lazy a quick microwave meal is surely better than a takeaway... Haha!

Charli XxX

I like the flexibility of ww but I know the risk is that its not as healthy as sw. It is good for portion control, it is massively flexible and allows more normal eating - but does rely on you being sensible. So chocolate cakes and biscuits may be within points - but doesn't mean it's ok

I think all diets require a degree of sensible - SW for example means you could eat Chinese takeaway all week!! Hehe ;)

I'm a relatively healthy eater anyway, I love veggies & I just don't like greasy food! (apart from curry) but on SW I found the lack of flexibility around bread/cereal and cheese/milk items annoying - sometimes I just want a sandwich!! :D

I think with my current life style WW looks like a good option, I don't know why I've avoided it really!!!

Charli XxX

wait, SW means you can eat take away all week?! I'm swapping!

I swapped from SW to WW earlier this year (Feb I think) and I love it. My rate of loss has averaged about the same, but I find it more flexible - if we suddenly have a change of plan I'm not having to convert an extra easy day to a green day. Like you, I find the cereal/bread limitation on SW a pain! And if I want a good hunk of cheese, then I don't want to sacrifice my bread for it - I might want bread and cheese.

I think a huge part of losing weight is about your feelings and the psychological side of it, and I'm much more relaxed on WW, which makes my attitude to 'bad' days, or a STS, much better too, which then has a knock on effect, and as I feel more chilled and positive I'm less likely to fall off the wagon.

Obviously we're all different and I know some Minimins members who swapped to WW and then swapped back to SW because it suited them better, but I say give it a try. :)

I think I'll give it ago... I know I lost on SW but I found it a chore, and I hate feeling like I'm "on a diet" if that makes sense! (who actually likes scan bran haha!)

So I've decided I'm going to join online tonight (found a cash back offer) and see how I go! I guess I won't know til I try ;)

Thanks for all the replies, you've all been fantastically helpful! :D

Charli XxX

I have to say that I have also been tempted to have a go at WW, because of the whole bread thing on SW! I don't think I could count PP though, but I'm thinking of looking at the Filling and healthy plan. I currently do green days, because I don't eat meat and rarely eat fish and I struggle with 2 HEBs, so I don't know how anyone manages with just 1 HEB on EE. Sometimes when my OH is having a sandwich for lunch, I just long to be able to join him, instead of having a pasta/rice salad or yet another jacket spud!!

I think I'll give it ago... I know I lost on SW but I found it a chore, and I hate feeling like I'm "on a diet" if that makes sense! (who actually likes scan bran haha!)

So I've decided I'm going to join online tonight (found a cash back offer) and see how I go! I guess I won't know til I try ;)

Go for it. After all, nothing is set in stone, and if it doesn't suit you you can change to something else. I joined with a Quidco offer, so got my first 3 months for practically nothing, but have paid the £10.95 a month since then because I think it's worth it for me. A lot of people use the phone apps though and get on really well with the app and Minis.

I have to say that I have also been tempted to have a go at WW, because of the whole bread thing on SW! I don't think I could count PP though, but I'm thinking of looking at the Filling and healthy plan. I currently do green days, because I don't eat meat and rarely eat fish and I struggle with 2 HEBs, so I don't know how anyone manages with just 1 HEB on EE. Sometimes when my OH is having a sandwich for lunch, I just long to be able to join him, instead of having a pasta/rice salad or yet another jacket spud!!

I thought I might struggle with counting points at first, but you soon get used to the points value of stuff and remember the things you have regularly. A lot of people get on really well with the Simply Filling/Filling and Healthy plan (it seems to go by both names) and there are a couple of sub forums for it with a lot of info.

Yay for Quidco! I'm hoping the 3 months will be enough (hopeful thinking! ;)) I'll just see how it goes but I feel positive which always helps :D

Charli XxX

Hiya,
I did sw a few years ago and lost weight quite well....but did end up cheating most weeks seeing what snacks I could get away with, and then gradually maintained most weeks and started putting it all back on.
am considering trying ww for a change, and going at it online - so would love to stay in touch with some others doing the same. :)

Well I've done a week of WW - and lost a 1lb (which for me is fantatic - plus I've been on holiday :))

I think having the iPhone app helps - makes tracking so much easier & visual. So I'm loving it!! I've found it quite easy so far, so I'm feeling very positive, which must be a good thing :D

Charli XxX

Well I've done a week of WW - and lost a 1lb (which for me is fantatic - plus I've been on holiday :))

I think having the iPhone app helps - makes tracking so much easier & visual. So I'm loving it!! I've found it quite easy so far, so I'm feeling very positive, which must be a good thing :D

Charli XxX

Great, well done on the loss - especially good on a holiday week!

Xcharlibobx said:

Charli XxX

Good luck with the ww online. Been doing ww but thought online would give me bit help. Not keen on the group thing. I am weighing in tomorrow. Best of luck

Last edited:
Wow lots of love for online :) It just seems to fit well around my life atm, & I'm loving it! Just hoping I can get 2stone off my Christmas haha :D

Charli XxX

Back