Thinking of Joining WW

LizzieF

Hiya

My name is Liz, and I'm thinking of joining WW once the boys are back at school end of this week. I used to go to SW but found it hard as had to take the boys with me to Group and the WW class is during school time and just round the corner. That's not the only reason though (but it helps :) )

Anyways, I found SW quite easy to follow as most of the free foods I loved liked pasta and potatoes etc.... but where I fell down (or felt bad about) was having treats as I felt I wasn't in control of that (as was not satisfied with what I was allowed as part of my syns).

Is WW a good flexible diet to follow? As havin two 4 year olds sometimes I need quick convenient foods (which with SW I couldn't always get). Most of the time I like cooking from scratch, but would think what the heck if I needed something quick (and would go above my sysns for that day :-()

Sorry so long, and thank you for reading :)

WW is probably THE most flexible diet out there.

Like SW it totally encourages healty eating and cooking from scratch but has more flexibility if you eat out or need to grab a sandwich. Theres no guess work involved you can completely accurately work out the points in sandwiches etc

The Eating Out Guide even has lists of points for places like McDs, KFC etc, I loved that as when I took my niece out I could eat with her, feel no guilt AND stick to my points.

Im sure youll absolutely LOVE WW when you start it :)

Hi Lizzie, I lost weight on WW and I am exactly like you in that slimming world doesn't really cater for my love of chocolate! WW is very flexible in that respect...sometimes when I was busy you can just grab a chocolate bar or whatever and as long as you count it you can have it! I found the best choc bar to have was Kinder Bueno white...was only something like 2.5 points for both bars! Although the normal chocolate one is more. I'm struggling on slimming world as I am quite busy and struggle to make the meals from scratch so they are syn free. I would definatley reccommend WW (I only quit because I got fed up of counting when I went out for meals). Good luck! =]

Well I joined 2 weeks agao and I had my first weigh in on Thursday and lost 5lb in my first week :) :) :)

I'm soooooo chuffed I never lost this much in my first week with SW :)

I know this week it will slow down, plus I went to Tapanyaki on Saturday and not counted it, so trying to make sure I have 17 points rest of the week instead of 19 which hopefully will even it out.

I didn't go mad, but everything was fried in front of us with a blob of butter (but sooo yummy) I didn't eat much that day too to save points :)

Ah well that won't be every weekend and it was to celebrate my friend having a baby :)

I'm liking this plan as the Weight Watcher Rich Toffee Bar is hitting my sweet tooth spot perfectly. I have this on an evening with a cuppa (which when on SW I'd feel guilty about this) Why didn't I do this plan sooner lol

i have to admit i love ww it's so flexible and those bars last longer if you keep them in the fridge just takes that bit longer to chew them:)

I've found WW easier than SW and my weight loss is a bit better, if I can say that after one week. WW is more controlled and I know where I stand once I get home after work. On SW if I got the munchies about 8ish then I would have a smaller bowl of pasta or something - essentially, a second dinner. Because of the points I can choose a better snack rather than loads of Free Food which would have been carb heavy.

Lost half lb this week, but I'm pleased with that as I had a busy weekend and didn't stick to the points so was able to pull back this week :)

Also joined the gym today so will this mean I may stay the same for a few weeks even if I stick to the points? Just they say if you tone up this can weigh more......

I love WW, I lost more on WW than I did on SW. Couldn't get along with SW. I love WW because its so versatile.
All my friends and family can't understand it as I eat much more than I did before but i'm still losing weight, the difference is that I'm eating the right things!
When I joined the gym I stayed the same for the first week but then carried on losing, I think it's different for everyone.
Goos luck on WW, if you need any hints or tips give me a shout! x

Back