Thinking of joining you Juddders

DappyMare

Girl on a mission
Hey everyone,

Well I'm seriously considering starting this diet soon as looks so simple......I've been on cd for last week and for the 2nd time on the 5th ss day i've been hit by a nasty bout of the flu:( I've realised I've got to listen to my body and do a diet that doesn't effect my health the way cd does (fast weight loss isn't worth being ill for lol):p or make me feel like i'm on a low all the time.. my other option is ww but i get bored counting points:rolleyes:

So I'm going to wait until i'm over the worst of this flu then look in to starting:D Is the book worth getting? or can I work out more less on line.

Also regarding exercise can you exercise on dd as I intend to swim 3-4 times a week but will make sure i only jog on an ud:)

Sorry for the questions:eek:

Hi Vicki, so sorry to hear you are unwell. I can honestly say that since I started Juddd last monday I've not looked back. I know I've gained two pounds but that's quite normal as I too have come off cd. I have been diagnosed with M.E. and I just could not carry on punishing my body anymore.. its hard enough to deal with chronic fatigue and feeling very low all the time. By Wednesday my body had started to have more energy and I've been able to do alot more.

I'm due back at work part time next week and I was really worrying.. it was Broxi who wrote a post about how she was feeling and I decided to give it ago.

I have done a week and all the fellow Juddders have supported and encouraged me. I bought the book from Amazon and I'm glad I did as its got alot of interesting stuff in it.

Good luck with what you decide to do xx

Thanks for replying Sarah Lou, Well I've just ordered my book and says estimated dispatch date 5th Oct so not to long till I receive it:D.
Aww hun sorry to here about the m.e, I can imagine how rough it must have been whilst doing cd, but good to hear you are feeling better.

On Cd I was never lucky and got the well being feeling from being in ketosis, just felt shattered and drained:rolleyes: So I'm looking forward to starting Judd.

So will be joining you all soon:eek:

Hi Vicki,

Get well soon hun, flu is horrible so hope you're getting over it. I'm into my 3rd week of juddd and I'm absolutely loving it so far :D I haven't been feeling hungry, have so much more energy and I've been able to stick with it easily without cheating :) The up days have been harder that the down days funnily enough, I'm loving the down days didn't think I would at first. My will power has got a lot stronger too :D

But you are right, what ever plans we do we need to listen to what our bodies are saying. If the plan you're on isn't right for you then yes you need to find one that is.

As for the book, I ordered mine last week, looking forward to reading it. Yes it is possible to do this diet without, quite a lot of info online or if you have any questions somebody here will answer them as quite a few with the book now. But I thought it would be good to have a copy myself (I'm a book addict anyway, so any excuse to buy another lol!) to have a read. Apparently there are recipies in there too, can't wait to lookie at those!

Good luck if you do decide to join us, everybody is a friendly bunch too!

Just cross posted, so glad to hear you will be joining us hun x

Great stuff !! just be careful what you eat from now to starting, but don't be put off any gain you may get in the first few days relates to the fat cells (glycogen) filling up..

I never got that feeling either as my tablets stopped me from ever going into ketosis.

Exercise is fine but again just listen to your body and don't over do it, you should be fine doing a down day as you are used to doing cd.. its very strange but I thought I might go mad and eat everything in site, but I havn't which is amazing for me. :)

Oh yes didn't mention the exercise. I only exercise on up days at the moment, rowing machine/workout dvd. I do atm swim in the eves now and again, hard for me to get out eves all the time as hubby works on call. So now kids are back at school, once my son goes full days from next week, I'm planning on going during the day with a couple of friends, so will prob be the same day every week so obviously one week falling on a dd. Think that'll be ok as won't be too strenuous, wouldn't fancy doing my rowing machine or workout on a dd. Although I have just found a fitness class during the day on a Tues that I'm thinking of starting, but don't know yet because of doing it on a dd. may do for my first one on a up day and see what it's like :)

Hi Vicky,
Welcome to JUDDD. I agree with what the others are saying. My mood lifted instantly when I started. I've not lost weight but I had week of SS 100% immediately before. It is much easier to do than CD. I also haven't been bingeing - I did a bit one day but nothing major and today I had a dinner when I wasn't supposed to but I'll just fix it. It's much kinder than CD's all or nothing approach. I mean even just getting to drink Diet Coke is a pleasure I'd been denied.
I'm sure you will like it and I'm sure it is better for your health.
My sister who is director of nursing and obsessive about health is going to be keeping her weight in order with it - she is thin but can gain a few pounds - so if she thinks it's ok, I'll go with that. I've certainly felt good and feel much thinner even though I've not lost yet.
Good luck with it anyway and I hope you feel better soon xxx

Broxi, that's great to hear that your sister thinks it's a good plan, coming from a health professional that's great news :D

How have you done on day 1 Sass?

Thanks for the welcome everyone, can't wait to start. been on to the official website and got my calories sorted for my up and down days :D I'm gonna be starting this saturday as sure I'll be tons better then.....with regards to eating after cd, i'm kinda following ww points, so should hopefully not put loads of weight on this week, expecting a gain of about 4 lbs so any less and i'll be extatic:D

Hope you are all having a good start to the day and look forward to chatting more with you all.

Good luck for Saturday then Dappy, I'll go and add you to our lists :D

Welcome Dappy Mare - loving the name...

Yes, JUDDD is brilliant and quite a few of us are showing good losses... I have been doing well but have had a bad weekend so am starting again with a DD... but it doesn't feel as though I have undone all my hard work of the last week... and definately not as hard as getting back on the CD wagon..

Good luck for Saturday ...

T
x

Back