Thinking of JUDDD/ADF for maintinence?

Whoops! I didn't mean to offend anyone! I have started to read some diaries on here and you all have done so well. I admit I haven't throughly researched this diet but I do plan on doing so.

What I initially meant was that I will carry on with CD until I get to my mini goal of about 10.7 and then I will come over to JUDD and do the 4UD/3DD until I get to my ULTIMATE goal if 9.7

I do think this diet works I think its a godsend if I'm honest lol, just a couple of years ago I was 23 stone so I have huge issue with food!! Ive lost 11 of those stones and I don't plan on put any of that back on. So that's why I was thinking that JUDDD would be great for maintanence. If maintainence means 5UD and 2DD then so be it lol

P. s I'm not planning on counting my UP day calories - I want to enjoy them! :D

Sorry if I came across as brusque but I spend a lot of my time trying to help members starting out on Juddd and its starting to annoy me that some people see it as a 'mickey mouse' diet that can't really work or is only good enough to be used for maintenence and when I read that someone is going to have a treat day once a fortnight whilst on juddd then I know they have no idea about the diet at all but are formulating plans around it? I am more than happy to help people who have a genuine interest in the diet, well done on your weight loss thats amazing x

Thank you for being so gracious :), I have my helpful hat back on now and have got over myself lol . Hope you do come and experience the Juddd magic for yourself x

bajoleth said:
Thank you for being so gracious :), I have my helpful hat back on now and have got over myself lol . Hope you do come and experience the Juddd magic for yourself x

3rd weigh in tomorrow so I'm waving my wand, saying abracadabra and wishing for JUDDDD magic in the morning :) xx

Just to echo what Jo has said - ADF is a weight loss programme. I am early days in using IF - 2-3 weeks in - having moved from a vlcd (S&S). I have not maintained my weight but lost weight - despite reintroducing carbs and coming out of ketosis.

Also, Michael Mosley has talked on twitter how he has continued to lose weight using 5:2 and has occasionally dropped it to 6:1 to ensure that he does not lose weight too quickly or indeed lose too much weight.

Wish you all well on your journeys :)

MissHapp said:
Just to echo what Jo has said - ADF is a weight loss programme. I am early days in using IF - 2-3 weeks in - having moved from a vlcd (S&S). I have not maintained my weight but lost weight - despite reintroducing carbs and coming out of ketosis.

Also, Michael Mosley has talked on twitter how he has continued to lose weight using 5:2 and has occasionally dropped it to 6:1 to ensure that he does not lose weight too quickly or indeed lose too much weight.

Wish you all well on your journeys :)

Oooh I'm going to have to follow him on Twitter :) Off to do that now xx

I'm going to move to JUDDD not for maintenance, but the last stone. I'm two stone away from a weight I can be happy with (and my size 12s will fit again) and I need to get to this weight as soon as possible. I've been avoiding friends because of the weight gain, and I'm sick of my life being on hold. That's my own issues!

I've no doubt I could reach goal on JUDDD, it makes sense and I've loved reading the diaries. More than that though, it seems a perfect long term way of eating (albeit with fewer DDs when you're happy with your weight) so my plan is to get my size 12 self JUDDD ing, and when I want to stop losing weight, reduce my DDs.

I mean no disrespect to people who are using it to lose weight. I'm actually jealous to be honest! I just need the quick losses of a VLCD, because I have such cripplingly low self esteem that being overweight stops me living.

Because JUDDD is something I could do long term, I wonder if I could end up even slimmer than my goal? I'm a curvy girl (big boobs, a curse not a brag) and look healthy at 11-12 stone so I would feel happy there. I'd love to be at 10 or even 9 stone, but don't feel I could diet enough to get there. Since finding out about JUDDD, I'm starting to think I could. I will probably start in around 3 months, and who knows where I might end up after that? I'm excited to be honest!

Wow, I started this thread yesterday and I had no idea it would get such a response! First off I want to apologise to anyone who I have offended, that definitely was not my intention.

I'd also like to say that I do realise that there's plenty of people here who are having great success losing weight on this diet, I have read some of the diaries and I have done some research on the diet and ADF in general. Although I appreciate that I still have a lot to learn regarding this.

I only posted because I am still a way from goal, another few months at least and I'm getting a few ideas together for when I start maintaining.

I think this is a brilliant plan, both for weight loss and maintenance and I think as well as being able to enjoy food again and the health benefits - it could really help me have a healthy relationship with food, i.e. not binge eating when I do eat something nice because it is allowed.

I'm fully aware that I have more research to do before undertaking any sort of diet and I hope that if I do choose this one in the future I would be welcome to post here.

Wow, I started this thread yesterday and I had no idea it would get such a response! First off I want to apologise to anyone who I have offended, that definitely was not my intention.

I'd also like to say that I do realise that there's plenty of people here who are having great success losing weight on this diet, I have read some of the diaries and I have done some research on the diet and ADF in general. Although I appreciate that I still have a lot to learn regarding this.

I only posted because I am still a way from goal, another few months at least and I'm getting a few ideas together for when I start maintaining.

I think this is a brilliant plan, both for weight loss and maintenance and I think as well as being able to enjoy food again and the health benefits - it could really help me have a healthy relationship with food, i.e. not binge eating when I do eat something nice because it is allowed.

I'm fully aware that I have more research to do before undertaking any sort of diet and I hope that if I do choose this one in the future I would be welcome to post here.
More than welcome , any questions I am happy to answer, you were not the cause of my consternation yesterday x

Already seen and ignored it Hannata, rise above it is my new motto x

Please don't be rude to people on here. Asking for people to 'get over themselves' is not a pleasant or polite way to behave. This is a very chilled and relaxed forum for support, not comments like that!

juju_doll said:
Please don't be rude to people on here. Asking for people to 'get over themselves' is not a pleasant or polite way to behave. This is a very chilled and relaxed forum for support, not comments like that!

Well put Hun :) xx

Back