Thinking of moving from WW to SW

Lucy J

Silver Member
Hi I have lost 62lbs doing WW and still have more lbs to go to get to my goal, but I have come to a complete brick wall. So thinking of giving SW a bash as something new might help. I cannot afford to go to meetings etc so would be doing it alone. Just looking for advice and where do I start ???

I have started sw at home. Lost 3lbs 1st week. Got my books off eBay. Good luck with it. It's much easier than ww. Not half as much measuring. X

I have a 2007 food directory and some food diary's, is there anything else I need? And well done on a great start!

I switched from WW to SW 3 weeks ago, after doing WW for 2 years and loseing just over 4 stone, since starting SW i have lost 8 1/2 lbs, and i am loving it, i am also doing it at home on my own ... good luck with SW x

Wow sounds like it is really working for you Zi-ann, well done! I'm just going through all the info on the site which is really helpful xxx

I have a 2007 food directory and some food diary's, is there anything else I need? And well done on a great start!

If I were you I would get the most up-to-date books possible as the SW plan is virtually unrecognisable compared to what it was like in 2007. The most major change is that there is now the extra easy plan which will not feature in your book. There is an offer in Reveal magazine this week for free membership so I would go along to class even if only for one week to get the books, the consultant introduction and access to the SW members website for a few weeks. It is possible to do SW successfully from home if you are motivated enough but it is completely different to WW you will probably struggle with the concept at first anyway so why make things even more difficult by trying to use out-of-date materials. Good luck with whatever you decide. :)

If I were you I would get the most up-to-date books possible as the SW plan is virtually unrecognisable compared to what it was like in 2007. The most major change is that there is now the extra easy plan which will not feature in your book. There is an offer in Reveal magazine this week for free membership so I would go along to class even if only for one week to get the books, the consultant introduction and access to the SW members website for a few weeks. It is possible to do SW successfully from home if you are motivated enough but it is completely different to WW you will probably struggle with the concept at first anyway so why make things even more difficult by trying to use out-of-date materials. Good luck with whatever you decide. :)

What they said^^^^^

It has changed so much. Using this site for advice and searching for answers will help as well. A new set of books and a meeting with a consultant will give you a fighting chance to lose more weight.

Congrats on your huge weight loss already though. X

SW has got to be the best "diet", I've tried everything and I'm not exaggerating! SW once you've read the material is really easy and you can still have your treats :) I'd try getting some books off ebay, or you could go to one class when they're doing free membership. You'd only pay about £5 then and you'd get the new books and have it all explained!

Thanks for all the advice! I am looking on eBay and watching some books at the present time. I understand what you say about going to meetings but if I went once I would want to continue. I am going to make my official start day Monday!!!!!

i cant afford the meetings either, but if you want to budy up then im here :) .. we virtually started off as the same weight, and are roughly the same weight now and we have both done WW, im still new to SW, but i seem to be finding it pretty easy, but i do look online and ask other people on fb things i dont know, always good to have a buddy :)

I have switched to sw and in my first week... I have done ww on and off and lost just over 3 stone in the last 2 years but got fed up of it... This is the way forward I am loving it and having something new to focus on :) x

I'm doing it alone after doing SW a few years ago. I'm coming here for support but have also subscribed to the SW e-magazine which was quite cheap. My weigh in day is Tuesday x

i cant afford the meetings either, but if you want to budy up then im here :) .. we virtually started off as the same weight, and are roughly the same weight now and we have both done WW, im still new to SW, but i seem to be finding it pretty easy, but i do look online and ask other people on fb things i dont know, always good to have a buddy :)[/QUOTE

Hi hope your weekend is going well, I've got next week all planned and looking forward to starting. X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back