Thinking of signing up to Slimming World

shinymoon

Hello Everyone,
I'm thinking of joining SW,i have tried to lose weight over the years and have failed!The thing that has depressed me the most was that i found an old membership card of another slimming group I was in(years ago)and my start weight was 2 stone lighter than i am now!i desperately need to lose weight,i just wondered what SW was like,is it easy to stick to???Any advice very welcome!!

Hi and welcome to the forum

As with all eating/weight loss plans, SW can only work if you want to lose the weight. ALSO you have to be ready to be able to get back on track after having a gain (don't mean that to sound like a lecture but I fell off the wagon last week and am struggling to get back on, so if anything I'm nagging myself!!)

Anyway, SW has GOT to be the easiest plan to follow, stick to and enjoy. If you have a look further up the page at peoples food diaries you'll see how much you can eat and the variety of foods.

Tonight we are having chicken topped with bacon & grated low fat cheese. The cheese is a 'healthy extra' and the rest is free food. Becasue I'm doing something known as the Extra Easy plan, we're also having Slimming World chips which are also free food.

Lunch was a hard boiled egg and bacon salad. Breakfast was Muller Light yoghurt over black and blueberries. Lunch and breakfast were all free foods.

I hope my ramble has helped in some way x

Thanks very much for your reply,i think SW may be my sort of plan,as reading other posts it seems that you can eat quite a bit(my prob on sticking to diets is feeling deprived!)BTW your dinner sounds lovely!!!

The simple answer from me, is YES get yourself joined up to SW. Ignore what you've gained on a previous card, it's done. It can be undone though :D

As a 'serial dieter' over the years trying everything from cabbage diet to WW to egg diet to SW, SW is the only one I can stick to as a healthy eating plan rather than a diet. The biggest thing for me is that you have free foods, so you never run out of something to eat if you're hungry.

Like Sue said, you have to want to do it though. It comes off easy enough, is easy enough to follow and you won't feel hungry.

Good luck!

Hi and welcome,
I would say DO IT!! But, like Suepat says, you have got to want to lose the weight else this and no other diet will work.

That said, this is the best plan in the world, it never feels like it diet, you never run out of "points" and you can always have something to eat and with the new Extra Easy plan it is so much more flexible too.

Today I've had fruit and yoghurt, bubble and squeak with eggs and beans and tonight for tea we are having hash browns with bacon and cheese. That still leaves me with syns for treats and a B choice for a sandwich or cereal bar.

If you love food, SW is the way to go!
Good luck

Thanks annie,i too am a serial dieter.I do want to lose weight,but i feel i have a real problem with food-possibly an addiction!the funny thing is that I dont have the motivation and willpower i used to,even though i am going on a holiday in august!!!!arrrrrrrrggggghhhhhhh!!

Thanks annie,i too am a serial dieter.I do want to lose weight,but i feel i have a real problem with food-possibly an addiction!the funny thing is that I dont have the motivation and willpower i used to,even though i am going on a holiday in august!!!!arrrrrrrrggggghhhhhhh!!

We've all got food addictions!!

My motivation was to stick a fat photo on the fridge and the cupboards to keep me out of them!! :)

And if this doesn't motive you nothing will LOL.

This is 52lbs of pure fat. This is the amount I've lost since October. That used to be smothered all over my body as I sat down to breakfast - ewwwww

100-lbs-of-fat.jpg

jaylou-so its no just me then,I hate that I love food do much!!I wish i could just eat to live and not live to eat!!!lol

Annie-that is amazing!!you have done sooooo well,that truly is a motivation!its a wonder that we all can move with so much weight on our bodies!!!

Back