Thinking of switching to WW from CD!

Felix

Gold Member
Hi all, I'm really sorry if this is in the wrong section but I can't see what the subforums are called on my iPhone app haha.

Me and my OH are currently on the Cambridge diet and I've lost 3 stone and he's lost about 4ish. I've still got 3 and a half stone to go until goal and he's got around 2. I think we are both getting a bit fed up now and need a change as we keep cheating all the time and 70 quid a week between us for the shakes is a lot of money to spend if we aren't sticking to it properly.

I did WW a few years ago in my teens and followed the old 'Core Plan' ( I think it was called?!) and lost about a stone and half. I really enjoyed it and it didn't feel like I was on a diet!! It was great.

We are both really interested in joining WW either in a couple of weeks time or after I've lost another stone or stone and half on CD.

On average, how many months do you think it would take for me to lose the remainder of the weight? I know everyone is different but is there an average weekly weight loss just as an indication?

Sorry if it's a silly question! Haha. Also has anyone here successfully swapped from a similar diet on to WW?

Thanks in advance :)

On average I lose 2 a week and my hubby actually commented today how more realistic this seems than old points (due to fruit being 'free') and slimming world. I love it and go and be sociable without having to put dietary needs first!

i'm losing on average 1.5lbs a week, you've done so well congratulations :)

I seriously think you should both move now! Your not so far from goals either of you and doing w/w on the new pro points is going to get you both back eating normal foods. I hear a lot of people put their weight back on after doing CD & similar diets on the reintroduction of food...

Good luck with your choice xx

Thanks for the help everyone! It's my 21st birthday at the start of august and I was hoping to be at goal by then which would be possible on CD but probably not on WW. I might stick to CD for another month and hopefully get another stone off then swap. Ooh I'm excited!!!!!!!!

hello and welcome!
I joined WW from Slimming World on Thursday and so far so good- love it!
Before that I was doing CD to lose baby weight and more, but like you, was cheating and it was anti social. my weight has fluctuated, but i think this is by far the best and safest method to lose weight and importantly keep it off.
Make the change...go for it :)
Good luck
S xoxox

Back