Extra Easy Third super free when cooking?

Usually by sight before cooking...

Sorry, hit submit too soon!!

With salad it is easy, you can see how it fills the plate, but if I am making (for example) spag bol - my veg looks nearer half when it is raw but when cooked doesn't look as much (IYKWIM) Also, I made roasted veg the other day - when I chopped it all up it looked like masses, faar too much for two people, yet when it was cooked it was fine.

So at what point of the cooking process do you decide it is a third?

Sorry, hit submit too soon!!

With salad it is easy, you can see how it fills the plate, but if I am making (for example) spag bol - my veg looks nearer half when it is raw but when cooked doesn't look as much (IYKWIM) Also, I made roasted veg the other day - when I chopped it all up it looked like masses, faar too much for two people, yet when it was cooked it was fine.

So at what point of the cooking process do you decide it is a third?

When I am adding veg to a recipe, like spaghetti bolognese for instance. I always make sure I have double the amount of vegetables at the least to the quantity of meat added.

Last edited:
It's ok if it's more than a third too, my plate is often heaving with veg!

I try and have a 1/3rd of my plate as salad or veg, regardless of whether the rest of my food contains veg (which it always does!) That way I'm sure I'm getting enough of my superfree in. I always have a bag of mixed veg (cauliflower, broccoli, carrots and peas is my usual) in the freezer so if I'm out of fresh I have something to fall back on.

Do you ensure you have 1/3 superfree with every single meal? Its easier to do for dinner, but much harder for lunch/breakfast. Does it have to be at every meal? I do worry if sometimes I'd actually be eating more this way, as Id be adding it to my plate, but guess thats why your also supposed to eat this first.

I try and have 1/3 superfree with lunch and dinner - I usually have a piece of fruit with breakfast now but I don't think it works out as a third.

I don't think you'll end up eating more by putting 1/3 superfree on your plate; your plate is only so large, so if you're filling it up already, you'll have to reduce your portions of free/synned foods a touch to make space for the superfree!

hi, this has really helped me! I have posted somewhere else that i usaully do red days as i put on half a pound the week did extrx easy! i know know i wasnt doing the 1/3 plate super free foods properly!!!!! fed up of red days and very bunged up! (sorry to go into detail) so i get weighed wed and from wed will give ee another try! excited now!!! thanks!!!!xxx

Back