Third time's the charm

Having signed up to MiniMins, I've decided to totally immerse myself in it, and to keep a weight loss diary on here too, something that I hope will keep me motivated and make sure I stick to it.

I'm a bit of a yo-yo dieter - I joined Slimming World in 2001 when I was 11 1/2 stone and got down to 9 1/2 stone in 6 months.

By 2007 I had expanded again to 12 1/2 stone so joined Weight Watchers, and again got down to 9 1/2 stone in a little over 6 months.

This August I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, and found to my astonishment that I now weighed 15 1/2 stone! Loads of this was oedema (retained water) which saw my shoe size balloon from a 5 to a men's size 9! A few weeks after the birth I was down to 13 1/2 stone, which is when I joined Slimming World again.

So far I've done ok, I've lost just over a stone in 8 weeks - I'm not seeing the massive weight loss that some of the other group members seem to be experiencing, but it's coming off at a nice, steady pace, which is great. I mustn't compare myself with others and get de-motivated!

This time I intend to get down to 8 1/2 stone, and MAINTAIN! I want to be the best role model I can for my daughter, and that means having a healthy relationship with food, staying at a healthy weight, and leading an active lifestyle.

With this in mind I've sent in an entry form to do the Playtex Moonwalk in London in May - 29 miles of power-walking in my bra at night! I haven't heard yet whether I've secured a place, but have started training in readiness already (weather permitting, of course).

I'm looking forward to following everybody's weight loss journeys, and sharing mine with you.

Syns gone bananas!

Thanks, Tarotwoman - I'll stick at it :)

Weigh-in tonight, I lost 2 lbs :D I have to admit to being a tiny bit jealous to some of the others in the group who regularly achieve losses of 3lb or higher, but I know that's silyl really, as as long as I'm losing, I'm happy.

However - I made a shocking discovery tonight. While bananas are syn-free, mashed bananas have a syn value of 1.5. And what's more, cooked bananas have 4 syns! :confused: This means that the 'healthy' pudding I've had several times this week of 2 mashed bananas blasted in the microwave with a spoonful of brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg (Yum!) has a syn value of 10 syns!:eek:

This next week I'm going to go back to basics, I'm going to count ALL of my Syns, and I'm going to check and double-check the books for every food choice, so I don't get tripped up like that again.

But that starts tomorrow. Tonight I have a little glass of Baileys to cheer me up!

2lbs is really good, don't be downhearted. Last time I dieted I never had big weight losses but I got to target despite some weeks losing only 1lb or half or even staying the same a lot.

As long as you're losing something every month (got to be realistic coz of TOTM) you'll get there eventually. You'll start feeling much better as soon as you notice a difference in your body.

Last time I lost weight, my first indications were my bra kept coming undone - you can't imagine how pleased I was when I realised why.

Tracey

Ready for Christmas

I had a very good week last week (4 lb!) - I had gone completely back to basics after I didn't lose anything the previous week and it really worked. :) It was lovely in group on Wednesday - I got my Club 10, 1 1/2 stone and Slimmer of the Week. Yaay me!

This week is a little bit more difficult - I had a christmas party/lunch with the other new mums and babies on Friday, and ate my way through a delicious 55 Syns! :eek: It was well worth it, though, and I'm now sticking to plan again, having about 2 Syns a day (I can't manage without my Ovaltine at the end of the day!)

I'm missing group for the next couple of weeks, too, as we're spending Christmas and new year with my parents, but I've already sussed out where the local groups are, so I fully intend to carry on getting weighed over the holiday.

Hi, you've done really well losing 4lbs, and to get slimmer of the week is amazing - well done you!

I too will carry on getting weighed throughout the holiday although for a few days over Christmas I shall be relaxing from my normal diet and just trying not to do too much damage.

When the holiday is over, whatever damage there may be, I will take a deep breathe and get back to it.

Tracey

Back