this american needs help lol

elm

Gold Member
I want to try the Cambridge Diet, my problem is I tried doing research on it but most websites won't allow me to look at it because I live in America and those sites are in the UK, etc.

I found a website and emailed a lady who works for Cambridge Diet in the US and gets supplies from the UK. The prices are high though. I saw 30 days was over $100 and I even saw some for $288..sorry don't know how much that is in euros. Is there any shakes you recommend or something I shouldn't waste my money on?

I'm not really sure how to word what I want to say but can someone tell me more about it? Like how long can I do the diet before I have to refeed? Or anything that can be helpful, i'd appreciate any help I can get.

Thank you!

Hi elm

I am surprised the US doesn't have Cambridge or an equivilent. Do they have Lipotrim which is similiar, although having done them both CD is much nicer. $100 is actually quite a good price for a month, I pay about £160 a month for mine which is a lot more. However it is far better to see a counsellor once a week for a weigh in and good encouraging chat.
Cambridge is a good diet with amazing weight loss so I hope you manage to find a good source out there.
Welcome to the forum by the way, lovely to have American friends here :)

Just check the web...there are lots of places to order from in the US. I live in MIssissippi and have no problems getting Cambridge. I have also tried Idealshape which taste a lot better, but a little more expensive. Good Luck.

How odd.

there is an american version of the cambridge diet. this is their website: Cambridge > Food for Life

it's no better or worse than the version sold in the rest of the world, but it is a bit different.

What happened was Dr Howard invented the CD in the UK in the eighties, but couldn't find a backer to bring it to market here. in the meantime an american company bought the rights to make the formula in the states. soon after that, it did come to market in the uk, but since that point the companies have been separate, and followed separate lines of development.

as for the price, well - it isn't cheap anywhere. In the uk, 4 weeks supply for a woman below 5'8" will be between £140-180. Which is about $219-282. Don't know what you'd get for $100 by the way - the site I linked to has two price options for 30 days, but both are more than that.

but the thing is, you don't buy any groceries, soda, takeout, wine, beer etc. No little treats when you're out shopping, no lunches at work. I'm saving a fortune!

Back