This greedy bear is gonna eat less, move more and love life 🐻 💕

I have a love/hate relationship with IKEA. Some things are great but you also tend to spend too much on "little things I might need".

One day - just once - there was an amazing day.
I went to IKEA and bought EVERYTHING I was looking for, and NOTHING ELSE!

Now that really is a miracle!

This trip was probably my best yet in terms of avoiding stuff I think I wanted but don’t need - I picked up a lamp my partner wanted, and a second back up panda teddy that baby bear loves, all I got for myself was a washing up brush (EVERY TIME) and an iPhone stand. All came it at a grand total of £26 ... a miracle!!!

Weigh in tomorrow. Have had a mixed week to not expecting miracles in the scales, but a little loss would be nice...

I have two regular items I buy in IKEA, bags and candles. So usually a years supply of vanilla scented candles and some tall coloured candles for the dining table. Then the bags, I get the zip lock freezer bags in all three sizes ( that reminds me I have some one portion frozen lentils to use), and I get the green chill bags in the food market and I buy the large blue bags at the till...the ones for carrying your shopping. Well at 50c each they are also perfect for grocery shopping, for laundry, for garden waste, for toddler toys, for knitting wool.stash and ideal.for growing potatoes in.

Yes, those zip lock bags are really good! I also love their freezer clips !!

3 pounds off at weigh in!!!! Yaaaaaay!! Which means I’ve lost all my holiday gain and overall have had a STS August! Better than I was thinking 🤔

So... here we go autumn.... lose lose lose!!

That's amazing well done. I have tjw September exercise challenge open now if you want to join in, you can count your walking with baby bear

Yes, those zip lock bags are really good! I also love their freezer clips !!

3 pounds off at weigh in!!!! Yaaaaaay!! Which means I’ve lost all my holiday gain and overall have had a STS August! Better than I was thinking 🤔

So... here we go autumn.... lose lose lose!!

Yay well done. 3lbs off is fab.
I'm with you....lose lose lose Autumn :)

Woohoo well done on the loss Claire! That's fab :).

And ditto on the freezer bags - luckily I can get them delivered now which usually costs about £4, so I get loads of stuff at once - instead of having to drive across South London to the nearest Ikea, fight for a car spot and struggle my way round, elbowing crowds out of the way :D.

I haven't been in an ikea for ages - none near me. So as I re-enter urbanity, I shall make a note to check out zip lock bags. I used to buy them and a special cling film that really sticks in the US and bring them back with me, when I went there for work. The bags will be useful for managing maintainence. Thank you y'all.

thanks Tipp - Sept excercise sounds good :)

Just had a load of mums round for a play date. Chaos!! But lovely to have a natter. Bought two packs of fancy biscuits but of course no one touched them, and worse - one even brought a pack of chocolates!! Will have to give it all to my partner tonhide. Can keep the biscuits tontake as a gift next time I go to someone else’s for a play date!

Baby bear down for a nap now. Phew! Wondering about a wander round the shops in my local town later...

Well done Claire, it must be so difficult when you get together with all the other mums. Are there any others watching their weight that you could buddy up with support?

There are a few other mums watching their weight - none with as much weight to lose as I have though. Problem is, that I see lots of different mums trying to keep us busy, and every time I think they see it as a ‘treat day’ to have a coffee and slice of cake - but if we do three of four meet ups in a week... it’s way too much?!!

Having said that - I’m on treat night tonight going out with some mum friends. Willmprob passnon anything alcoholic and go for a thin crust pizza which isn’t too calorific, but will then go for a pudding afterwards... yummm ;)

Also massively excited because have got a day in Oxford on Saturday lined up. She’s leaving her two kids at home with hubby, and boyfriend is watching baby bear so BABY FREEEE. Again - treats will probably be had haha

Having said that, sneaky weigh in this morning shows a 4lb loss for this week already... what will it look like on Friday though? Hate the scales... sometimes they are so unpredictable

4lb loss so far is great!! Enjoy your treats and day in Oxford! I was there a couple of weeks ago, it's a lovely city! xx

I’m only about 20 mins drive from Oxford and it’s where I work (don’t get to go to the pretty bits though, end up working on a business park on the ring road!)

Had a pudding on my night out last night, but did walk 5,300 steps yesterday so hopefully that balances it out a bit?

Been in Bristol today for a work meeting. Lots of sitting and feeling bored as I am leaving this job at the end of the month.
Weigh in tomorrow morning 😬😬😬

Back