This has to be it this time!

Yellowlab

Here we go again. I joined this forum ages ago, then let things slip and haven't been here. I now have about 4 1/2 stone to lose. I gave up smoking 18 months ago and put 2 stone on and feel as if I have to wear it forever. Well- I don't want to and I'm not going to, so there!!! It will be a long, hard journey but I am feeling very motivated. Failure is not an option this time :sigh:

Liz

hi yellowlab. loving your motivation. you stick to that attitude and you will get there. i like the vision of you not wanting to WEAR the excess fat!! many a time have i wished i was just wearing a fat suit and I really was a healthy weight under it. Good luck. Look forward to reading about your losses. x

You can do it!

I gave up smoking 18 months ago and put 2 stone on ...

Dear Yellowlab --

You quit smoking :clap:and that has done so much to improve your health, so as awful as it is to have gained back some of what you have lost: I think that you have to be less hard on yourself. :needhug:
The nicotine in cigarettes is a metabolism stimulant, so even if you do not replace the oral stimulation of eating for that of smoking, it is VERY difficult to stop smoking and not gain some weight.
You have been successful with losing the weight in the past, and it will probably not go as fast this time, but you know you can do it! :winner:
I have never smoked, but I have watched so many friends and family members try to quit, fail, try again, and so forth -- that I think is is probably harder to quit smoking and stay quit, than it is to lose weight and keep it off. Or it is at least comparably difficult to do.

So, you go girl!

Back