ProPoints This is it ...

Haha, that's superb. Great to know. At the minute, like you say, I can't imagine being slim, I guess I have just got to keep going! And I can't see me overtaking you for a while yet!

Thanks! Determined not to be a fat bloke anymore. Think I'm coming down with flu though. :-(

Afriad it did, but it was inevitable after my wife and son have had it. Oh well. Back at work now though.

I am tucked up in bed with the dreaded lerg myself and am catching up on here. Keep at it hon I think it can be hard on guys as it's not view as a man's thing...dieting. as you say now you got a little one that you need to be fit and healthy for.keep going monster muncher!!

Thanks Sue! Yeah, it's difficult at work when people bring in cakes and I'm the only fellow to abstain! But it's all for the greater good!

Weighed in this morning, and I'd lost 3lbs, so happy enough with that. Especially as I accidentally went over my points by 30. :-( I do a reasonable amount of exercise though so I'm guessing that has helped. :)

This forthcoming week is going to interesting as it's my birthday on Sunday, and we're going out for a few beers, some food and then to a gig. I am going to keep bang on plan in the days before and after, but then just wipe out Sunday, and pretend it never happened. I am all for accurate point counting but draw the line at birthdays, weddings and christmas day. :)

Hi well done on the loss so far! I'm returning to this board after a break also.

keep going, you're doing great.

Hi all,

Well I'm sad to say that my birthday turned into a birthweekend and I sort of went off plan quite a bit. I'm also on paternity leave for the next two weeks as my wife and I are sharing the last two weeks. This has meant I've had to grab stuff on the go and I haven't had chance to do as much/any exercise.

So, the scales this morning, unofrtuntely, said 19st 2lbs. I think I am going to have to write this week and next week off in terms of the plan, not least because we are away in the Yorkshire Dales this weekend to celebrate a plethora of family birthdays. Plus I have will have no phone signal for 4 days!

I know this sounds like excuses, but it's not meant to be, I would rather be up front about things and keep this thread going, rather than be all embarassed and not post like I have done in the past.

Hey, don't beat yourself up, life gets in the way sometimes. Part of the journey is learning how to deal with times like this, and 3lb gain with all you've had going on is not bad at all!

right, best take my own advice and update my diary!

Haha, thanks! Where your diary?

Just below yours! 'Might not be on top of the world but hey I'm on my way'

Weighed in this morning. Bit of a bugger but I put on 2lbs. :-(

I knew it was coming as our long weekend away involved beers, buffets and pub lunches. Not a good recipe. However, it wasn't as bad as it could have been as after a 5 mile walk we missed the bus home. The next one was in two hours so rather than make my wife and son walk all the way home, I ran back to the cottage and got the car! I also had done a 2 mile run in the morning. But even that didn't stop a weight gain this week!

Been a good day though today and I'm back on it now. Saying that, I am out tomorrow night for a meal with the bosses at work - a bit of a thank you for my involvement in a big project that I was involved in at work. It's to an amazing steak house! I'm basically going to starve myself all day so I can eat there. And limit my alcohol consumption.

On my last week of paternity now too, so once I finish this I can get back to normaility. :)

Back