This is the worst *fat* remark I have ever heard

fillymum

synful soul
Honestly this was said to me after the Scottish couple won the lottery.

"How could they ??? They are so fat "

Duhhhhhhhhh !!!

I said " oh so that means I can not win the lottery as I am fat".
The reply..........

"Oh no, you are different, you have lost weight "

Duhhhhhhhhh

I then said, but why does being big mean they should not win the lottery ??

The reply....because they will not know what to do with it. If they want to travel they will not fit in the aircraft seat.

I had to walk away in disgust , shaking my head as I went. I could not take part in such bigoted ignorance.

So, when you buy a ticket, does the machine look at you, assess your weight, and adjust the odds accordingly?

Tall, slim, good looking people, who will be seen as an advert for whatever they do with their winnings, will be on a 1:500,000 chance of winning.

People with a BMI over 25, on a sliding scale, up to BMIs over 40, will have odds of from 1:1,000,000 to 1:INFINITY.

If you are in the Morbidly obese category, you might as well save your money!

Rather fat than an ignorant, opinionated, jealous bigot. :cool:

I hope they spend the millions on Krispy Kremes and a swimming pool full of smarties!!! (oh imagine that.........!)

x

I hate hearing comments like that too. Mind you they wont have to worry about having to fit in a seat in a plane... they could afford to travel by private jet now!!!! :D

I dont suppose they'll give a flying toss what people like that ignorant twonk think now they're multi-millionaires :cool:

Ellebear said:
I hope they spend the millions on Krispy Kremes and a swimming pool full of smarties!!! (oh imagine that.........!)

x

OMG - a swimming pool of smarties! That's what I'd get if I won the lottery!

Honestly this was said to me after the Scottish couple won the lottery.

"How could they ??? They are so fat "

Duhhhhhhhhh !!!

I said " oh so that means I can not win the lottery as I am fat".
The reply..........

"Oh no, you are different, you have lost weight "

Duhhhhhhhhh

I then said, but why does being big mean they should not win the lottery ??

The reply....because they will not know what to do with it. If they want to travel they will not fit in the aircraft seat.

I had to walk away in disgust , shaking my head as I went. I could not take part in such bigoted ignorance.

they can just buy their own plane with that money and then just have two seats.

i have just read that they have gone into hiding.

So, when you buy a ticket, does the machine look at you, assess your weight, and adjust the odds accordingly?

Tall, slim, good looking people, who will be seen as an advert for whatever they do with their winnings, will be on a 1:500,000 chance of winning.

People with a BMI over 25, on a sliding scale, up to BMIs over 40, will have odds of from 1:1,000,000 to 1:INFINITY.

If you are in the Morbidly obese category, you might as well save your money!
Damn good idea Sarah!

I'm forwarding it to Camelot! - As a sub-25 BMI'er (just) I like my odds;)

Yes, I heard some nasty comments too, totally uncalled for, no excuses, just a pile of nastiness by shallow people who are a tad jealous!

I heard something similar about someone who won quite a bit of money on "Who wants to be a millionaire" - who apparently didn't deserve to win because she was fat (actually not very fat, as it happens).

And then there were all those people who said that Judith thingy shouldn't have won because she was "posh".

But they were clever and knew a lot, and got the answers right, surely that is the point?

If I were ever lucky enough to win a lot of money on the lottery, there is NO way I would ever go along with the publicity machine. It is just setting yourself up for nasty reactions.

But the reaction which really beat them all for lack of logic was directed at some people who won the lottery who lived in a small village. They were ostracised by some of the rest of the villagers - why? Because they really believed that there was no longer any chance of anyone else in the area winning the lottery because "lightning doesn't strike twice in the same place".

I also heard someone comment that 'at least now they can sort themselves out'

How disgusting and patronising !!! I just hate that sort of comment.

I heard something similar about someone who won quite a bit of money on "Who wants to be a millionaire" - who apparently didn't deserve to win because she was fat (actually not very fat, as it happens).

And then there were all those people who said that Judith thingy shouldn't have won because she was "posh".

But they were clever and knew a lot, and got the answers right, surely that is the point?

If I were ever lucky enough to win a lot of money on the lottery, there is NO way I would ever go along with the publicity machine. It is just setting yourself up for nasty reactions.

But the reaction which really beat them all for lack of logic was directed at some people who won the lottery who lived in a small village. They were ostracised by some of the rest of the villagers - why? Because they really believed that there was no longer any chance of anyone else in the area winning the lottery because "lightning doesn't strike twice in the same place".

So sad!!!

x

OMFG EB! I want two swimming pools, one of smarties and the other of millions!

Regularly to be topped up and swapped with Peanut M&Ms and skittles!

(watch me balloon to a size 66! ;))

I have just heard a remark at the bus stop which may beat this

A young man telling his wife - its being overrun by gurkhas around here- everywhere you go there are gurkhas. They'rw in the schools, shops everywhere. Its like living in little vietnam

Problems with this statement
1) gurkhas are nepalese people who hace served in the british army - so highly unlikely to be at school now.
2) nepal, is not in Vietnam

Thats aside from the horribley ignorant tone, the fact that where i live is not even remotely being overrun by any particular ethnic group, and so what if it was as long as there isn't any trouble.

Had to actually bite my tongue

There are ignorant people everywhere. If you let their comments affect you everytime then you would probably find that you wouldnt get out of bed in the morning.

I was called a "jungle bunny" quite often when i was a child, didnt know what one was, so i asked my dad. I cant remember what he said, but i know that i just shrugged it off.

I was called a "jungle bunny" quite often when i was a child, didnt know what one was, so i asked my dad. I cant remember what he said, but i know that i just shrugged it off.

Unbelievable !!!!! :doh:

Back